Advertisements featuring interracial couples

By theoakman following x   2017 Nov 1, 7:43pm 3,571 views   24 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

#politics
Has anyone else noticed all these ads pushing interracial couples? My parents were an interracial couple and my wife and I are as well. But I loathe the idea that some idiot asshat is siting in the office in a meeting going "let's pair an asian guy with a white girl this time".
1   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Nov 1, 7:59pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Even though it angers some conservatives, it's not really a big deal. But inter racial relationships have a lower chance of success than that of the same race, forgot where I read that but they probably cited cultural differences as the reason why. My wife is Korean.
2   Patrick   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 1, 8:00pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Of course, such advertising is everywhere these days.

I agree, it's really annoying. They are definitely pushing an agenda.
3   Strategist   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 1, 8:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Patrick says
Of course, such advertising is everywhere these days.

I agree, it's really annoying. They are definitely pushing an agenda.

Why is it annoying and what agenda are they pushing? Advertising is just part of the American way of doing business.
4   Patrick   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 1, 8:46pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

5   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2017 Nov 1, 9:58pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says
Patrick says
Of course, such advertising is everywhere these days.

I agree, it's really annoying. They are definitely pushing an agenda.

Yep, I agree, the advertisers are just trying to be politically correct and include everyone in their ads.

Ever notice a commercial with a group of Millennials in it? They usually have a white guy and white girl, a black and a Asian, at minimum, to round out the group.
6   Rew   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 1, 10:17pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Patrick says

Interracial couples do all that? Really? You want to MAGA back to before 1967?

Don't think online dating and the young folk will let you. Trends are way way up for intermarriages of all types, especially in the US.
7   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 2, 8:15am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This ad correctly targets only one race:
8   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Nov 2, 11:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Interracial relationships are very liberating and also serve as a steak knife in granddad's ribs who is petrified that he is losing power of tradition as he is clinging to the catherer. The light is coming....

"t was a mysterious evil being from an unknown realm/dimension outside the regions of space. When It came to planet Earth to feed, its favorite disguise was that of a colorful and wisecracking circus clown named "Pennywise". It could also morph into any other being or thing it pleases, generally based on its target's loved ones or friends to lure them into Different traps. Or It just simply appear's to them as their very worst fears and nightmares.

It preferred to attract children instead of grownups, so it could capture and kill to devour them. It was capable of killing every kind of human but mostly preferred to prey upon innocent human children because they were easier to manipulate and scare. According to the creature, frightened flesh tastes better. "
9   georgeliberte   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 2, 12:43pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says, "It's not just advertising. It's political indoctrination pretending to be just advertising. That's the annoying part.The agenda is globalism, the idea that there should be no borders, nor any distinct and strong historical communities who might possibly oppose our billionaire overlords."
Perhaps, but it is better than the balkanization pushed by the left to create little warring identity subgroups with little in common (need to avoid cultural appropriation). The left seeks to divide and destroy western (and probably all ) cultures, so they will be left in power.
My wife is Vietnamese and we overcome cultural and language barriers with a dose of mutual toleration, respect, and of course, affection.
Sometimes my wife insists on some odd divisions of labor based upon her "I am woman". I am never going to tell her, 'hey, your 3,000+ year-old culture is invalid compared to the wisdom of you American feminist sisters.
10   Quigley   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 2, 1:02pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I’m also inter-racially married, but we share the same culture so there’s really not any of that sort of friction. I forget she’s not white most of the time. Her mom has a different culture and honestly I think I tolerate it better than my wife does.

I’ve noticed some ads like that but they don’t annoy me. Maybe they are just trying to reflect the modern American couple? Inter marriage is super common these days.
11   joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 2, 1:04pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I know--I never notice them either. I know this is crazy talk, but maybe advertisers have found that if they are inclusive in their ads, they get more sales?? Perhaps?
12   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Nov 2, 1:13pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Patrick says
They are definitely pushing an agenda

Yeah. It's called tolerance, and worrying about being accused of not reflecting reality. They probably have statisticians telling them what percent of advertisement couples should be mixed. And sure, those ads are going to occur at a higher rate in urban areas than in flyover country. Is that because of liberals conspiring ? Or is it just reflecting different audience demographics.

What is a conspiracy to one person is dotting your i's and crossing your t's to another.
13   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Nov 2, 1:15pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

joeyjojojunior says
I know this is crazy talk

Nahhhh ! It must be a liberal globalist conspiracy. It's white genocide I tell ya !!!!
14   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 2, 1:41pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I don't give a rats ass who they put in an add, since it changes nothing. It doesn't make anyone more or less tolerant, and certainly doesn't make the advertisers more enlightened.

Why the fuck should it matter if I'm white and my wife is Mexican? This obsession with surface looks has turned us into a shallow society of ignoramus's.
15   joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 2, 2:25pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says

I agree. And it's increasingly the McGees and Patricks and Oakmans of the world playing identity politics, turning into Special Snowflakes, and getting offended at nothing.

They need to grow up.

"Starbucks cups don't say Merry Christmas. I'm offended!!!!"
"This black NFL player didn't stand for the national anthem. I'm offended!!!!"
"This commercial had different races on it. I'm offended!!!!!!"
16   Rew   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 2, 2:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Patrick says
They are definitely pushing an agenda.

I think they are pushing sales, but ... you know ... I'm sure you know the customer base they are after best. (shrug) Maybe Patrick, just maybe, you are the minority in the area/media you are consuming? * GASP *

joeyjojojunior says
"Starbucks cups don't say Merry Christmas. I'm offended!!!!"

I'm expecting baby Jesus with uzis on top a tank driven by St. Nick this year. Massive Trumpian counter attack to save Christmas!!!!!! IT MUST BE SAVED!
17   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 2, 2:59pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Doesn't bother me-to each his own.
18   Rin   ignore (3)   2017 Nov 2, 3:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Folks, the long standing show, 'Fixer Upper' was about an interracial relationship, despite Joanna Gaines only being part-Korean.

Stop pretending that this is some new phenomena.
19   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 2, 3:13pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

joeyjojojunior says

I actually think Patrick's comment was spot on. But just because some elites have an agenda doesn't mean they're going to get it.

So fuck 'em.
20   Rew   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 2, 3:15pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says
joeyjojojunior says

I actually think Patrick's comment was spot on.

So you self selected into the "white anger" group. Cool. Good for you.
21   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 2, 3:19pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rew says
So you self selected into the "white anger" group. Cool. Good for you.

What should I be angry about?
22   Blurtman   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 2, 3:30pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Who gonna doer?

23   joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 2, 3:32pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says

The only agenda is coporation's agenda to make money.
24   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 2, 3:39pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Blurtman says
Who gonna doer?

Is that interacial or interspecies?