Here are the winners and losers of the tax plan, by income bracket
forgot password / register

reset password

#taxes

#housing #investing #politics #random more»
778,880 comments by 11,519 users, 3 online now: Ceffer, jazz_music, TwoScoopsMcGee
new post
« prev   taxes   next »

Here are the winners and losers of the tax plan, by income bracket

By Sniper following x   2017 Nov 3, 2:37pm 372 views   18 comments   watch   quote     share

At every income level, there’s a boost to after-tax income

By and large, Americans of all incomes will benefit from the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act that House Republicans have offered.

But some by a lot more than others.

That’s according to analysis done by Ernie Tedeschi, an economist in the Obama-era Treasury Department now at Evercore ISI. He used the Open Source Policy Center tax model to score the impact.

The numbers show that at every income level, there’s a boost to after-tax income.

And at every tax bracket, there are winners and losers. Tedeschi’s model shows 91.51 million winners and 25.44 million losers after the first year.

#taxes
1 joeyjojojunior   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 3, 2:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

Wall St. Journal?? Really?

Try again
2 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 3, 3:15pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

joeyjojojunior says
Wall St. Journal?? Really?

Try again

yeah, I know, I should have used Vanity Fair, Slate or Mother Jones for economic news, like you do.
3 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 3, 3:16pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

@Patrick - it looks like "Include Image" is broken, I tried to attach a chart and it's not working.
4 Patrick   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 3, 4:26pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

@Sniper image upload seems to work for me.

Or were you just pasting in an image url? If that didn't work, what was the url?
5 lostand confused   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 3, 4:33pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Interesting, one thing that disappoints is the 8 million American individual expats get no relief fromt he draconian FATCA-courtesy the Obozo. Trump should have included it -as he is changing it for corproates.
6 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 3, 6:27pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
Or were you just pasting in an image url?

@Patrick, I was trying to upload a .jpeg from my desktop, like I've done tons of time. Once I hit "Include Image", I get the status "waiting for Patrick.net", then it finally times out after 30 - 45 secs. and no image is included/uploaded in the post.
7 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 3, 8:46pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Sniper says
Patrick says
Or were you just pasting in an image url?

@Patrick, I thought it might be a issue with Firefox so I tried I.E., it does the same thing, just times out and doesn't upload image.

I haven't seen anyone else post a direct image all day, just images from other URLs.
8 Strategist   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 3, 8:52pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Sniper says
At every income level, there’s a boost to after-tax income

joeyjojojunior says
Wall St. Journal?? Really?

Sorry Joey, no tax benefit to welfare queens. It's for those who work.
9 Patrick   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 4, 3:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Sniper says
just times out and doesn't upload image.

@Sniper could you mail me the image so I can try it myself? Might be something about the image content that is indigestible.
10 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 4, 3:24pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
Sniper says
just times out and doesn't upload image.

I even tried images that I had uploaded in the past, thinking that same thing, but the old images won't upload either, it just times out.
11 HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 4, 4:23pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Cracked me up!
The losers are in Red,are they all Republicans.

"You gonna learn today!"
A tax increase in the Republican Tax plan is a tax increase.
Move over Reagan,Trump can go down in history as reforming the tax system by increasing taxes.
12 HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 4, 4:31pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

"There are plenty of unknowns about the tax framework released this week by the Trump administration and top congressional Republicans."

Everything about the tax reform is speculation.
My Speculation is more important than your speculation.

13 Strategist   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 4, 6:00pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

What about the capital gains tax? Any changes?
14 Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 4, 6:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I want to know what the Daily Kos has to say about this!
15 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 5, 11:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Added the chart to the OP which I couldn't do when the OP was originally made.
16 HEY YOU   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 5, 12:12pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Bet there will be Republicans that will have to pay more taxes if this reform is ever passed.
Buyers remorse?
17 anon_25c83   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 5, 12:23pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

What else would you expect from Newscorp?

The numbers for the rich are a complete joke and total BS. You can't simply take current financial planning and apply it to future tax policy because almost everything a rich person does takes taxes into consideration. Once the new law is in effect, rich people will design their investments and their businesses to comply with the tax cuts and none of them will pay increased taxes.
18 Sniper   ignore (7)   2017 Nov 5, 12:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

anon_25c83 says

Wow, you just learned why rich people are "rich".

Imagine that.

Compare that to the "poor" people who blow their complete paychecks, weeks after weeks, and can never figure out why they're broke and can't get ahead.

Comment as anon_6135f or log in at top of page:

users   about   suggestions   source code   contact
topics   best comments   comment jail   old posts by year
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home