EGLT
« prev   investing

EGLT

By anonymous following x   2017 Nov 24, 7:52am 388 views   9 comments   watch   quote     share

Could be a good turnaround story developing here. They sell abuse resistant opiods and now finally have enormous earnings growth after mgmt trashed th company with bad decisions and pps went from $10 to sub $1. Believe mgmt is finally on the right path. Some more study catalysts expected soon, flush with cash since recent financings and cost cutting may drive them to profitability well before 2020 which is where they would run out if cash again. Good buy here around $1 IMO.

#investing
1   justme   ignore (0)   2017 Nov 24, 8:07am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Is it really possible to have an abuse-resistant opioid?
2   mell   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 24, 8:35am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

justme says
Is it really possible to have an abuse-resistant opioid?

Well as good as it gets. You can't crush and snort or inject it. It will degrade or clump rapidly if split. You can still swallow too many of those of course but preventing the snorting/injecting route is yuge.
3   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 24, 5:09pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

If you look at the maximum chart for EGLT - they are about as low as they ever have been, the last peak was 16.48 on Sept 15, 2015. Found this on the company, if it is the same one you are talking about.

While the above article touts possible growth, there was another not so rosy article out today as well. See below:

Tangled Incentives Push Drugmakers Away From an Opioid Solution.

Opioids continue to sell well, muddying drive for alternatives

Newer painkillers expensive, cumbersome, or limited in scope

Pharmaceutical companies have introduced new medicines to treat dependence, reverse overdoses, and deal with opioids’ side effects. But few effective and economically viable alternatives to addictive painkillers have emerged from the laboratory.

That’s because of broken incentives, according to economists and industry experts. The payment policies of insurers and government health programs, along with pressure from investors, have encouraged drugmakers to treat the symptoms of the opioid epidemic but discouraged innovations that might get to the root of the problem.

More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/tangled-incentives-push-drugmakers-away-from-an-opioid-solution
4   mell   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 24, 5:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Thx for the link, but they actually do make opioids, just abuse deterrent/resistant ones.
5   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 24, 5:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Yes - I read up on them a bit. For a dollar and change it might be worth a small investment to see what they might be able to do.
6   mell   ignore (1)   2017 Nov 30, 8:22am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

BayAreaObserver says

@BayAreaObserver Did you get in? Up 30% so far, expect more upside $2+.
7   mell   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 4, 9:11am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

mell says
BayAreaObserver says

@BayAreaObserver Did you get in? Up 30% so far, expect more upside $2+.

@BayAreaObserver EGLT Leaving the 1.20s behind. Did you buy some?
8   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 4, 5:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

@mell - No, I did not buy, too many distractions for me right now in addition to being very conservative with my investments at the moment.

10 years or so ago I would have moved on it, would have gotten into Bitcoin long ago as well. One of my old co-workers got into Bitcoin in the $300-400 range and still riding it. Not sure how much he is in for on the initial investment and if he has sold anything so far but age wise he is better positioned to take a hit than I am. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong but all I am doing is watching and therefore I can sleep at night since there is no money at stake.

If I decide to dabble in the market again, I will wait until after the mid-terms in 2018. Too many moving parts right now for me to be comfortable with and I believe the market is getting a bit long in the tooth. Still watching a few of Logan's recommendations as well as some others that have popped up here but just watching.
9   mell   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 4, 5:22pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

BayAreaObserver says

Nice. Expect 2018 to be much more volatile than the past years. So you probably will have plenty of opportunities. GL

Comment as anon_11f5e or log in at top of page: