Trump's Christmas Card includes the forbidden word "Christmas"

Trump's Christmas Card includes the forbidden word "Christmas"

By someone else following x   2017 Dec 2, 11:01am 2,547 views   101 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

In 2016, the Obamas released their final White House Christmas card. It did not once mention the word “Christmas.” The card read “Happy Holidays” with a message about the new year. There is an accompanying photo of Obama and his family. The card was also signed by the Obama dogs Bo and Sunny.

On the other hand, the Trump’s Christmas card begins by saying “Merry Christmas,” along with a “Happy New Year.”

If you want to make the Democratic Party great again, a good start would be to consider that most people like Christmas very much, and don't like being jumped on for expressing good wishes. Why let Trump take all the credit for being on the side of ordinary people? Start saying Merry Christmas, and if someone doesn't like it, wish them happiness anyways, because they are the one being unreasonably dour and judgmental, and could use a little cheering up.

#politics

« First    « Previous     Comments 60 - 99 of 99     Last »

62   anon_89d64   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 16, 12:41pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (3)     quote

BayAreaObserver says
When the ordinary people finally figure out how badly they got taken, why not ?

They did, in 2016, after getting screwed for the former 8 years..

That's how you got Trump.
63   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 16, 2:42pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

"They did, in 2016, after getting screwed for the former 8 years..That's how you got Trump."

How come I didn't get screwed for the former 8 years ?
66   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 19, 9:00am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Barron's signature demonstrates that he is clearly suffering from Alzheimer's.

Barron has been witnessed on numerous occasions drinking while holding his glass with both hands.
67   anon_677ce   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 19, 9:08am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

anonymous says
Trump's Christmas Card includes the forbidden word "Christmas"

I sent Trump a Happy Hanukkah card. I greet everyone with a Happy Hanukkah. When they say they aren't Jewish, I say "Happy Hanukkah anyway."
68   anon_677ce   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 19, 9:09am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Booger says

The hot chick is clearly Jewish. Her shirt should say Happy Hanukkah.
69   Patrick   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 19, 9:10am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Would you be offended by someone wishing you well?

I would not, no matter what holiday.
70   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 19, 9:32am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
Would you be offended by someone wishing you well?

I would not, no matter what holiday.

Funny, you sure seem to be offended by someone wishing you a Happy Holidays.
71   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 19, 9:34am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
Would you be offended by someone wishing you well?

I would not, no matter what holiday.

That’s why I say happy holidays, rather than merry Christmas. Well, that and I’m not a child so I don’t believe in silly bible stories about Jeebus and the nonsense that his slut mom was impregnated by God as a virgin lol

There’s something being lost in the whole “PC is restricting muh free speech” nonsense. Sure, nobody likes to have their speech censored, however, America is the land of Entrepreneurs and Small Business. Fortunately, I’ve known this all along, that generally, as a Capitalist, it serves me better to open my doors to every potential customer, rather than to alienate large groups of people by discriminating.

I’m not a huge fan of many groups of people, but everyones money is the same shade of green when it comes to business. I’ll bake a cake for the fruitcakes, I’ll sell a sandwich to a broke bum ass negro. Smelly greeks, Indians, Jews, are all welcome.

All it takes is a simple cost benefit analysis.
What is the cost of being a small minded bigot?
What are the benefits?

I’d love to discriminate against all the idiots that gobble up the WeitFart.com propaganda, and are useful idiots to the Oligarchy, but that’s too much money to miss out on.

Life is all about the potentiality of experience, and none of us have enough time to risk missing out on all that potential, just to shit on whatever group of people you’ve been programmed to hate. It’s stupid

Merry Christmas is going to alienate ~ half the population, while Happy Holidays is all encompassing. What kind of Asshole is bothered by someone saying “Happy Holidays” throughout December? There’s lots of holidays. Hanukah, Kwanza, Christmas, NYE, Festivus...Happy Holidays is all encompassing
72   anon_677ce   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 19, 9:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
Would you be offended by someone wishing you well?

I would not, no matter what holiday.

Happy Pedophile Appreciation Day!
73   Patrick   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 19, 9:43am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Not a real holiday.
74   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 19, 10:01am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

"Happy Holidays" is discriminating against people who don't get holidays at this time of year.

Ban the insulting, discriminating meme "Happy Holidays"!
75   Rew   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 19, 4:26pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

The war on Christmas is very unpredictable.

Trump should probably say it 23 times, right now, to one up Obama. Never know what 2018 will bring. ;)
76   TwoScoopsPlissken   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 22, 1:43pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

"There is no War on Christmas, you Toxic White Male! Nobody cares if you say Merry Christmas!"

Bell Ringer Beaten After Wishing Man ‘Merry Christmas’
77   marcus   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 22, 1:50pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

errc says

Stupid hateful assholes. That and religious zealots with insecurity complexes that (need to) think they're better than the secular humanist types.

Didn't you get the memo ? Being inclusive and generic about the holidays (including the winter solstace and new years) is being too politically correct. It couldn't be that it's what just feels right to you ? It must be the liberal PC language police that made you do it.

On Christmas day I only say merry Christmas.

Happy holidays Patrick.net.
78   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 22, 1:53pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

May a reindeer poop in your charcoal and ash filled stocking!
79   mell   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 22, 2:05pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

errc says

All it takes is a simple cost benefit analysis.
What is the cost of being a small minded bigot?
What are the benefits?

So if they limit themselves why not just let them be, since you have the advantage serving everybody. The point is and you can clearly see it in this thread that the leftoids twist the initial issue. Most of those who you call bigots or zealots or rednecks or whatever just want to be left alone saying whatever they want to say, and usually they won't bother you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with somebody wishing happy holidays and I would be happy no matter what wording they were using for a well-mean holiday wish, most would, but the initial issue is that it was demanded by the leftoid PC police that the word Christmas ought not to be used and people and businesses etc. were harassed and this is how the backlash started. I know close-minded people on both sides, but the right usually does not want to force me to change my behaviors or positions.
80   TwoScoopsPlissken   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 22, 2:28pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Merry Christmas, Pat.net!
81   anon_33654   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 22, 2:58pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

TwoScoopsPlissken says

Bell Ringer Beaten After Wishing Man ‘Merry Christmas’

It's more likely that he was beaten by a stressed out christmas shopper than by a "leftist" atheist. I don't think these salvation army guys have any insight how untimely and annoying they appear to people who have had a long day.
82   anon_06961   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 22, 3:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (3)     quote

You haven’t met left wing activists yet. I had people get all pissed off at me for saying merry Christmas because they thought it might offend atheists. Weird shit I tell you.

anon_61c8a says
I'm an atheist who is half Jewish (by family tree, not practice). I say 'merry Christmas' when out and about, and have never had anybody attack me or give me any evil look. I'll also say happy holidays on occasion. However, once this stupid culture war heats up every year, I start getting pissed off when I hear 'merry Christmas.' Instead of happy feelings, it conjures images of Bill O'Reilly's smug ass douche bag face and the holier than thou assholes who take up his drum beat.
84   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 23, 8:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

The profane origins of 'Merry Christmas'.

For most of its history, the Christian church regarded Christmas as a small event on its calendar not requiring much observation. Puritans in England and later the American colonies went one step further, banning the holiday altogether since they could find no biblical support for celebrating the day. As the historian Stephen Nissenbaum has explained, the Puritans imposed fines on anyone caught celebrating and designated Christmas as a working day. These strict rules were necessary since so many men and women engaged in the drunken carousing that accompanied winter solstice festivities, an ancient tradition that the church had failed to stamp out when it appropriated Dec. 25 as a Christian holiday.

In this setting, “Merry Christmas” was born. The greeting was an act of revelry and religious rebellion, something the uncouth masses shouted as they traveled in drunken mobs. Troubled by such behavior, the New Haven Gazette in 1786 decried the “common salutation” of “Merry Christmas.” “So merry at Christmas are some,” the paper lamented, “they destroy their health by disease, and by trouble their joy.”

What the church could not contain, capitalism co-opted. As retailers, authors and artists in the 19th century invented a holiday of conspicuous consumption and family-centered celebrations, “Merry Christmas” became the favored slogan to sell the day. The first commercially produced Christmas card, created in 1843 in London, showed not the manger scene but a multi-generational family tossing back goblets of wine above a banner that read, “A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You.” But the secular carol, “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” performed by roving packs that demanded figgy pudding, probably did the most to popularize “Merry Christmas.”

More: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-young-merry-christmas-origins-20171222-story.html
87   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 26, 6:18am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

—————-

Lolololololololololololololol

You’re hilarious!
88   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (26)   2017 Dec 26, 7:53am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

JESUS! SAYS! SEIG! HEIL!
89   anon_1f115   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 26, 12:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

anon_c6dfa says

I take it you're laughing at someone doing that.
90   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 26, 12:38pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

errc says

—————-

Lolololololololololololololol

You’re hilarious!

You want to hear what's even funnier. I posted something like this earlier when I wasn't signed in so it was anonymous and Patrick zapped it.

"I know--it's always the RIGHT that try to FORCE people to say Merry Christmas."

Curious which rule that broke.

But CIC trying to doxx people is A-OK. And justanyguy calling posters an asshole is fine too.
91   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 26, 12:49pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

The right will literally put you in prison or shoot to kill your ass, for speaking the truth. There’s what, three million people imprisoned here in Hard Right America (Republican Executive, Legislative, and Judicial as well as most governerships, and the SCROTUS, for pretty much always). Anytime that anyone other than a Hard Right Christian Con servative is in power, the Failed Loser Right wingers spent all their hours obstructing. But yea, Liberals ruined everything lmao
94   BayAreaObserver   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 28, 5:14pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

Donald Trump is so dumb...

How dumb is he ?

He's demanding Billie Holiday change her name to Billie Christmas...
95   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (26)   2017 Dec 28, 5:17pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

The baby JESUS! shrieked SIEG! HEIL! from the manger in the name of FREEDOM! because he knew COMMUNIST! CUNTS! were afoot working to ENSLAVE! AMERICA!

When DEMOCRAT! CUNTS! CRUCIFIED! JESUS! he shrieked SIEG! HEIL! from the cross to remind AMERICA! that all jihadi DEMOCRAT! CUNTS! must FUCKING! DIE!
96   anon_4460e   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 29, 7:02am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

HappyGilmore says
Funny, you sure seem to be offended by someone wishing you a Happy Holidays.

Yeah and he can't cucksplain why he's got to regulate vaginas, bathrooms and marriages.

Simply Alt Right Delete and people can do whatever holiday wishes they want. They might choose to not be self absorbed and inconsiderate.

Freedom, in other words, no Breitbart butt hurt, no limburger from Limbaugh, no networks of lying.
97   anon_c1a2c   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 29, 8:33am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I don't get it? There was a war on Christmas? Did I miss something or is this just more #fakenews ?

When you are the liar in chief guess all you got to do is lie.
98   CBOEtrader   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 29, 11:35am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Perhaps they are seeing shit like this?
99   HappyGilmore   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 29, 11:39am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

CBOEtrader says
Perhaps they are seeing shit like this?

Then they need to turn off Fox News for God's sake.

« First    « Previous     Comments 60 - 99 of 99     Last »