Patrick, People changing original comments when responding

Patrick, People changing original comments when responding

By Tim Aurora following x   2017 Dec 2, 1:43pm 834 views   19 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

#politics

TwoScoopsMcGee changed my comments while responding. He should be jailed.

Look at the comment # 92. I did not use that garbage language.

I jailed that comment but not knowing why I jailed it , Patrick freed it
1   Tenpoundbass   ignore (6)   2017 Dec 2, 2:45pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (5)     quote

That's why there's a quote feature.
2   TwoScoopsPlissken   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 2, 4:43pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (3)     quote

Tim Aurora says
TwoScoopsMcGee changed my comments while responding. He should be jailed.

I did NOT change your comments. While it's possible I pasted something else by mistake, you can tell from my response I was addressing things you had brought up in a previous post. Nor did I engage in any incivility.

I have a shitload of posts and responses here. Once in a bluemoon I'll bold or italicize something, and maybe use strikeout to be snarky, I'd never falsely invent a quotation.
4   Tim Aurora   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 2, 6:26pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

OK, I accept your apology but that is why I jailed it
6   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 2, 10:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)     quote

Not a problem aslong as original post is still up.
7   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 3, 5:18am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I’ve suspected this as well. There should definitely be a record showing how and when any posts are modified
8   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 3, 7:29am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

errc says

Nobody can change your original posts (except you) and the post quoting yours will have a link to the original. (This is what Dan didn't understand when he tried to fake quotes by other people)
9   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 3, 8:28am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

KimJongUn says
errc says

I know this.

And tim is bitching about people quoting him and then altering the text. I’m saying that people are editing their own posts after the fact, and that Patrick should implement a way to show what has been edited after an edit
10   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 3, 8:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (3)     quote

KimJongUn says
Not a problem as long as there’s a Tranny there to suck me
11   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 3, 8:33am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

errc says
KimJongUn says
Not a problem as long as there’s a Tranny there to suck me

I didn't say that and the link proves it.
12   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 3, 9:19am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

errc says

I see.
13   TwoScoopsPlissken   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 3, 5:21pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)     quote

No worries, Tim. My apologies for any mistakes.
14   Patrick   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 3, 5:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

KimJongUn says
Patrick should implement a way to show what has been edited after an edit

It would not be hard to show that a comment has been edited, but to keep the entire revision history for all comments is fairly hard.
15   Tim Aurora   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 3, 6:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

errc says

My corrections are normally grammatical. That said, you are welcome to quote me without changing my original quote. Just do not change my text
16   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 4, 10:35am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Tim Aurora says
That said, you are welcome to stroke me without changing my pants. Just do not change my pants

HA!
17   errc   ignore (2)   2017 Dec 4, 10:40am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
KimJongUn says
Patrick should implement a way to show what has been edited after an edit

What is the hard part?

Create something similar to comment jail, but for edited comments. Whenever someone takes a comment and edits it, show the new edited comment in the thread where it was posted, and put the original comment prior to editing, into edited comments ‘jail’. Would that work?
18   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 4, 11:05am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says