After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley

After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley

By Quigley following x   2017 Dec 25, 4:54pm 493 views   6 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

So I’m an audible addict. Just a confession I guess. And I bought this audiobook pretty much based on the preamble which broke nearly every rule of selling fiction I ever heard of. Listen to it yourself for free at this handy link I have provided. What do you think of this book? I’m especially interested in the opinions of Silicon Valley denizens (of which there are more than a few) on this website. I was both highly entertained and also stimulated by the vast world-altering ideas expressed in this novel. Hint: has a LOT of attention paid to True AI and also social networking beyond Facebook and Instagram. Anyone already read this one? At the risk of starting a book club, I’d rate this one as required reading for anyone in the tech industry.
@patrick

https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Fiction/After-On-Audiobook/B06ZZXC8VJ?ref=msw_search_c1_0_1_AL #literature
1   HEYYOU   ignore (9)   2017 Dec 25, 7:16pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

That audio peaked my interest.
But I already know: Shit happened & will happen.
If I read it,it could ruin a surprise.
2   HEYYOU   ignore (9)   2017 Dec 25, 7:17pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Maybe some shit doesn't have to happen!
3   Patrick   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 27, 9:36pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Thanks @Quigley I do love to read about Silicon Valley, having been in it for a long time. It's fun to read about places and companies I know, and people I may have met.

I'll find a paper copy though!
4   anonymous   ignore (null)   2017 Dec 27, 10:20pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

The guy also has a podcast on Apple podcasts, where he interviews different tech insiders on tech subjects.
Didn't read the SF novel but listened to some of them and they are interesting.
5   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2017 Dec 27, 11:05pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Musta been a Twilight Zone fan, with the Rod Serling-esque grabber. 50 shades of excellent paranoid fantasy?
6   komputodo   ignore (0)   2017 Dec 28, 6:26am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

I'll wait until they drop the version narrated by Hillary with her sexy voice and its available as a torrent.

The Housing Trap