Kirkwood or Squaw Valley?

Kirkwood or Squaw Valley?

By Onvacation following x   2018 Jan 11, 10:34am 177 views   8 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

My wife can ski backwards. I enjoy blue groomers. Planning a trip for Saturday.
Anyone have info on which is better NOW?
Thanks
1   FP   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 10:44am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I don't know about now - but I'd guess Kirkwood for it offers more extreme skiing and usually has the best snow in Tahoe. Squaw has night skiing (was not open before New Year, so check).
3   TwoScoopsPlissken   ignore (0)   2018 Jan 11, 11:30am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Is Squaw Valley where Elizabeth Warren lives?
4   mell   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 11:32am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

both are good. Squaw is closer to the apres ski action, kirkwood is remote and you have to drive a bit depending on where you're staying. Best snow is kirkwood but it hasn't snowed enough yet to make a difference IMO.
5   Onvacation   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 12:19pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

mell says
Best snow is kirkwood but it hasn't snowed enough yet to make a difference IMO.

That's what I am afraid of.
I was hoping someone had some local knowledge. Anyone know if either resort is making enough snow to make it worth the trip and lift ticket price? Thanks
6   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 12:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I would be looking for info on which is more to your liking on the TripAdvisor forums.
7   mell   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 12:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Onvacation says
mell says
Best snow is kirkwood but it hasn't snowed enough yet to make a difference IMO.

That's what I am afraid of.

No IMO. Go to diamond peak or mount rose or Homewood instead. Half the price
8   Satoshi_Nakamoto   ignore (0)   2018 Jan 11, 12:48pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Can't comment on Squaw, but according to a co-worker who skied Taho area last weekend, snow-wise Kirkwood > NorthStar> Boreal.

Comment as anon_d8415 or log in at top of page: