Wal-Mart Raises Hourly Wage to $11 in Wake of Tax Overhaul

By MrMagic following x   2018 Jan 11, 3:57pm 1,433 views   26 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Wait, didn't the Dems say the tax bill was a give-away to the 1%, who knew Walmart workers are in the 1%.

Largest private U.S. employer to give bonuses of up to $1,000.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is boosting its starting hourly wage to $11 and delivering bonuses to employees, capitalizing on the U.S. tax overhaul to stay competitive in a tightening labor market.

#economics
1   anotheraccount   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 4:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

What is the total tax benefit that Walmart is getting? What percentage of it goes to workers? Thank you.
2   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 4:13pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

anotheraccount says

Give them an inch and they want a mile. Hey, they don't have to give anything. Be happy.
3   MrMagic   ignore (9)   2018 Jan 11, 4:14pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

anotheraccount says
What percentage of it goes to workers?

More than they are getting now.
4   FortWayne   ignore (2)   2018 Jan 11, 4:37pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Minimum wage going up, means Dan’s salary is going up finally.
5   anotheraccount   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 4:51pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Sniper says
More than they are getting now.

Another stupid ass answer to a valid question.
6   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Jan 11, 4:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

And Walmart closes 63 sams clubs without warning leaving 11,000 US workers unemployed.
7   anotheraccount   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 5:00pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

anon_13ce6 says

Sniper must have read that as well -- he chose to post only the part that's supposed to support his narrative.
8   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 5:53pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

anon_13ce6 says

They can easily find other jobs. Construction industry is desperate for workers. Amazon hiring 50,000.
9   MrMagic   ignore (9)   2018 Jan 11, 6:37pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

anotheraccount says
Sniper says
More than they are getting now.

Another stupid ass answer to a valid question.

So sad Trump having a positive influence on the country upsets yo-u so much... It must be sad to be a liberal in America today!
10   MrMagic   ignore (9)   2018 Jan 11, 6:40pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

anotheraccount says
he chose to post only the part that's supposed to support his narrative.

Feel free to start any thread with the topic of your choice for discussion, go ahead, it's FREE (just the way Bernie voters like it). This way, there won't be anything to complain about.

I'm waiting........
11   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 6:44pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Sniper says
anotheraccount says
Sniper says
More than they are getting now.

Another stupid ass answer to a valid question.

This is what perplexes me.
A booming economy
Falling unemployment
401K's at record highs
----
And they are upset. Hey liberals.....what do you guys want? What will make you happy?
12   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Jan 11, 6:44pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

FortWayne says
Dan’s salary is going up finally.

Dude, I'm sure he lurks, but Dan has been gone for almost 3+ months now I think. Move on.
13   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 6:46pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

WookieMan says
FortWayne says
Dan’s salary is going up finally.

I think Dan is embarrassed at being wrong so much. He folded.
14   MrMagic   ignore (9)   2018 Jan 11, 6:52pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Strategist says
Hey liberals.....what do you guys want? What will make you happy?

Obama to come back. They LOVE that misery.
15   FortWayne   ignore (2)   2018 Jan 11, 7:18pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

WookieMan says
FortWayne says
Dan’s salary is going up finally.

He left? That bum didn't even let me know he was just going to up and leave like that. Liberals these days, so inconsiderate.
16   Quigley   ignore (0)   2018 Jan 11, 7:35pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Strategist says
They can easily find other jobs.

This is why it matters. With close to full employment, jobs have to compete for workers with better terms.
17   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Jan 11, 7:48pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Imagine if Trump actually did anything to restrict immigration how much wages would go up.
18   MrMagic   ignore (9)   2018 Jan 11, 7:57pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

anon_4c7e1 says
Imagine if Trump CONGRESS actually did anything to restrict immigration how much wages would go up.

There, fixed it.
19   anotheraccount   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 8:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Strategist says
A booming economy
Falling unemployment
401K's at record highs

2007 was the same characteristics thanks to Bush blowing up the deficits for war spending and unfunded tax cuts.
20   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 8:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

anon_4c7e1 says

Here is my 2 cents:
#1----- I had a handyman "Mike" from a strong referral come out to help us out in North San Diego.
Positives: He came on time, very professional, and knew his stuff.
Negatives: He told me he looks up the value of the home on Zillow before he comes out. He takes to much. Took his time at lunch. Charged me $50.00 per hour for the time he was there, including his lunch.

#2------My gardener referred me to a handyman "Pedro" he knew for the last 20 years.
Negatives: Did not show up. I called him, and he said he would be there right away. Came very late anyway.
Positives: Just as talented, charged $30.00 per hour. Did not bother with lunch. Charged only for the time he worked.

I have given you the exact information, with no exaggerations.
Who should I hire next time?
21   anotheraccount   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 8:13pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Strategist says
Who should I hire next time?

Depends on how much your time is worth. If I have to take a day off work to babysit Pedro then Mike would be my choice. If I don't have anything else to do, I can manage Pedro.
22   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Jan 11, 8:24pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Strategist says
anon_4c7e1 says

Here is my 2 cents:
Positives: He came on time, very professional, and knew his stuff.

I have given you the exact information, with no exaggerations.
Who should I hire next time?

Are they both licensed and bonded? They could both be talented but something could go wrong. Are they both in the country legally? How are you going to determine that? I think you need to give more details.
23   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Jan 11, 8:24pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Quigley says
Strategist says
They can easily find other jobs.

Thank you Obama.
24   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Jan 11, 8:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

anotheraccount says
Strategist says
Who should I hire next time?

You are right. Thanks. I called Pedro yesterday and told him I needed work done on one of my rentals 80 miles away. It would be an all day job. I told him I would pay him for all his time including travel, and I would take him there. He just needed to bring his tools. He still hesitated, but agreed to let me know first thing in the morning, today. No call, nothing. I had to call someone else who was local.
It's all cultural, I understand, but hello? What can I say? I will still use him for the right jobs.
25   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2018 Jan 17, 9:40am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Sniper says
Wal-Mart Raises Hourly Wage to $11

Between their shit benefits, and mandatory unpaid overtime, this doesn't even start to cut in to their bottom line.
26   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Jan 17, 11:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Only due to competition with target. This tax scam had any effect on minimum wage more companies would have raised their employees salary. Doesn’t take a genius to figure this out.

The Housing Trap