77 Northern California businesses raided by ICE

By WookieMan following x   2018 Feb 2, 9:27am 1,323 views   7 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

I don't think I've seen anyone post this yet, sorry if it has been.

Trump is cracking down in other ways too. If you know any business owners that have 1099 independent contractors with Hispanic names, let them know the IRS will almost certainly be sending a letter to them. Especially if there's something as simple as an address mismatch with what the IRS has on file.

Just happened with a landlord I've provided services to and it sounds like other are getting the same treatment. All anecdotal on my end, but there's something going on for sure.
2   HEYYOU   ignore (18)   2018 Feb 2, 9:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

"In FY17, HSI conducted 1,360 I-9 audits and made 139 criminal arrests and 172 administrative arrests. Businesses were ordered to pay $97.6 million in judicial forfeiture, fines and restitution and $7.8 million in civil fines, including one company whose financial penalties represented the largest payment ever levied in an immigration case."

It failed to mention how many were Rep/Con businesses.
3   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 2, 11:24am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says
Good!

I don't have a problem with it. I'm with you.

HEYYOU says
It failed to mention how many were Rep/Con businesses.

Probably 60-70% is my guess. I don't care though really the affiliation to a made up political party of the business owner. Those that hire the illegals are bad. The illegals are bad and not paying taxes. Lose/lose situation and I'm cool with the clean up. More needs to be done.
4   Quigley   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 2, 6:40pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

No, the illegals actually do pay taxes, the ones who work for regular jobs anyway. Just not enough to justify all the free shit they get at citizen expense. The ones who don’t pay taxes are all working under la mesa.
5   FortWayne   ignore (2)   2018 Feb 2, 7:57pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Every single factory and restaurant in LA. Not hard to find.
6   Strategist   ignore (3)   2018 Feb 2, 8:47pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My guess, most of the illegals somehow manage to get welfare benefits, and work on the side tax free.
7   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 2, 8:58pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

anonymous says
"The illegals are bad and not paying taxes"

Does that include the ones working at the meat packing plants and slaughter houses who have taxes and FICA withholding from their pay ?

In my OP I was talking about 1099 guys. This is generally the way it's gone about where tax payers (us) get screwed the most.

If they work for a meat packing plant and the employer is paying their FICA share, the employees share and their federal/states taxes, that's not as bad. Taxes are being paid so I guess I'm fine with that. Meat packer is gaming the system to get the lowest wages possible. That's crap. Breaking and entering into a country is also crap.

I'm not religious and have no moral standing to be honest. It's a cut throat world. I was lucky to be born in America. I'll never deny that. That said, even in America, I like that Lamborghini the guy outside of town is driving. Can I just take it? Hell no. And I know it's not the most logical argument or apple to apples comparison. But you're the poor person from El Salvador. You can't just move into the Lamborghini that is the US without consequence.

And I'm not going to say law and order, blah, blah. I have no problem with immigration if it's done right. I actually think our policy, or way we allow even legal immigration is absolutely flawed. The legal people we allow to move here just move to their "Little you name the ethnicity" section of the city. Their own country within a country. There's no "melting pot" going on in 80% of people that come here. There is no diversity.

I found this out when I went to college at University of IL at Chicago. Claims were tossed around about how diverse the campus was. And sure, on paper it was diverse. In reality every single race and ethnicity self segregated. I didn't have a problem with it, but you start to realize how manipulated things are when you see that in person. I sometimes wanted to scream "what fucking diversity are you talking about!"

Live life, have fun. I don't want to kick people out of our country. It really is sick and twisted on a human compassion level. That said, our lives and everyone you know are a whole lot worse if we don't enforce immigration laws or allow open borders. Utopia doesn't exist and it ain't ever happening on this planet.

The Housing Trap