1   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Feb 13, 5:43pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Or just wait for the long over due earthquake in the Bay Area before wasting $150M. I know many Bay Area renters have been praying for this. What they get for hiring illegals to build. Such a huge safety issue even homeless are afraid to shit there at night now. Regardless this is a rich white people’s problem. No concern.
2   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 13, 5:44pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Millennium Tower is a luxury residential high-rise that has sunk 17 inches and tilted 14 inches since it was completed in 2008.

I saw this place as it was being built, and see it every day that I go to work. Amazing that modern construction methods could fuck up quite that badly.
3   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2018 Feb 13, 5:45pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Where are the 9/11 conspirators when we need them?
4   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2018 Feb 13, 5:48pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

This is another good reason to impeach Trump!
5   RC2006   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 13, 6:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

When you say almost worthless how much are they going for?
6   mell   ignore (2)   2018 Feb 13, 6:25pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

500k I think last time I checked a while ago, and falling.
7   jvolstad   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 13, 6:59pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Building on "packed" sand vs. bedrock. How dumb is that? This is San Francisco. When that packed sand liquefies during the next big quake, its goodbye Millennium Tower.
8   Booger   ignore (1)   2018 Feb 13, 7:15pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

But they did save a bunch of money by not building it right in the first place!
9   Strategist   ignore (1)   2018 Feb 13, 7:38pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

jvolstad says
A good (unethical) Realtor could sell this property.

A tenant of mine vacated on Sunday. I already have several families who want the home. A prospective, highly qualified family said they had a realtor, and asked him to further check out the home. The upset realtor called me and said it wasn't listed on the MLS. He wanted me to list it. Why would I pay commission to someone, when I can handle it all myself, and have eager, highly qualified tenants who want it?
In diplomatic terms I told hime to "Fuck Off" "Go Fuck Yourself" and "Kiss my ass"
Why do realtors think, owners who don't list are stealing their commission?
10   P N Dr Lo R   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 13, 7:38pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

mell says
and falling.
Literally
11   P N Dr Lo R   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 13, 7:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Patrick says
Amazing that modern construction methods could fuck up quite that badly.
Sadly, this wasn't the first time modern engineering proved inadequate:
12   HEYYOU   ignore (16)   2018 Feb 13, 10:41pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

I've been in construction all my life.
I guarantee my work till the check is cashed.
13   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2018 Feb 13, 11:09pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

This a wonderful solution to the homeless problem, and an excellent section 8 opportunity. They should leave fresh feces and needle hampers in the lobby as a welcome.

A vertical ghetto with views is a happy ghetto.
14   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2018 Feb 14, 7:32am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Does this mean that they are finally admitting that they should have done this in the first place?
Are they planing on fixing the existing tilt?

And who is paying for this?
15   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Feb 21, 8:28pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

JVolstad, What did realtors or as you call them, "realatards", ever do to you?

The Housing Trap