Should our national anthem be replaced by This Land Is Your land

By tovarichpeter following x   2018 Feb 14, 1:45pm 777 views   14 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

YES it should.

1. No one knows the words to The Star and Bangled Banner

2. Few who know the words know what they mean or refer to

3. The musical part is very hard to sing.

4. The lyrics exhalt slavery
1   HEYYOU   ignore (18)   2018 Feb 14, 2:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Burn the The Star and Bangled Banner!
The Republican SCOTUS has not banned it.
2   bob2356   ignore (3)   2018 Feb 14, 3:16pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

tovarichpeter says
Should our national anthem be replaced by This Land Is Your land

or Born to be Wild.
3   RC2006   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 14, 3:25pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

This would make a good liberal anthem
4   MbS   ignore (3)   2018 Feb 14, 3:58pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

#fucksjws
5   MbS   ignore (3)   2018 Feb 14, 4:39pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

"Ariyana Kermanizadeh, president of the Associated Student Body"

Would you prefer the ISIS anthem to be played instead, Ariyana? I bet you would. Tell us, don't be shy.
6   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Feb 14, 4:43pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Living in America by James Brown.

But "This Land Is My Land?", hell no, unless we change the lyrics:

This Land Is My Land
It sure ain't your land
you better get off it
Or I'll blow your head off

This Mortgage Was Paid By Me Not You.
7   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Feb 14, 4:45pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Been a while since School, here's the correct version:

This land is my land, it isn't your land
I got a shotgun, and you don't got none
If you don't get off, I'll blow your head off
This land was made just for me

So keep away now, Don't ruin my day now
My property's private, you cannot buy it
Go find your own land, Just be a lone man
This land was made just for me

This land is my land, it isn't your land
I got a shotgun, and you don't got none
If you don't get off, I'll blow your head off
This land was made just for me

8   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Feb 14, 4:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsPlissken says
Living in America by James Brown.

But "This Land Is My Land?", hell no, unless we change the lyrics:

This Land Is My Land
It sure ain't your land
you better get off it
Or I'll blow your head off

This Mortgage Was Paid By Me Not You.

Can I sing this to a soviet immigrant turned orthodox jew who keeps on pestering me with his conversion attempts? I compared him to a radical muslim, but I don't think he got the message....
9   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Feb 14, 4:50pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

tovarichpeter says
YES it should.

No, it is perfect. It originated as a song that drunks would sing in taverns praising the womanly charms of their favorite whores.

Plus it was written by a prisoner and there is nothing more american than been a prisoner hahaha.

How can you argue against this impeccable reasoning?
10   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2018 Feb 14, 6:11pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Lazy Commies would want an easier song. Plus this land is your land and my land makes them feel good about the Commie land grabs with their filthy Liberal fetid hands.

Let's not forget we're talking about people that can't be bothered showing reverence to the American flag. Technically they aren't even human let alone Americans. So their opinion don't count.
I'd rather attend a Communist funeral than a great American's funeral any day, know what I'm sayin'?
Because when the smoke clears the Flag will still be there. Oh does that star spangled banner still wave? for the land of the free and home of the brave!
Damn right it does!
11   anonymous   ignore (null)   2018 Feb 14, 8:23pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

How about 'I'll Be There' by the Four Tops?
12   P N Dr Lo R   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 14, 9:33pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

tovarichpeter says
1. No one knows the words to The Star and Bangled Banner
That reminds me of the restaurant that no one goes to because it's too crowded.
13   jazz_music   ignore (4)   2018 Feb 15, 11:53am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Star Spangled Banner is a 19th century drinking song about wine and whores. When drunks would forget all the stupid assed the lyrics they would substitute their own lyrics in tribute to their favorite body parts of their whores or refer to their love of drinking in excess. So, Francis Scott Key AND EVERYBODY ELSE were very familiar with the tune before he ever got locked up and wrote Star Spangled Banner.

Here is the official original lyrics registered in 1780 in England as sung in British and colonial pubs drunk as fuck circa 1800's.

The original tune was “To Anacreon in Heaven,” an English drinking song written by John Stafford Smith with words by Ralph Tomlinson, Esq. According to tradition it was first “sung at the Crown Anchor Tavern in the Strand, circa 1780.” Tomlinson was president of the Anacreontic Society, a gentlemen’s club popular with upscale London boozers. Anacreon (563-478 B.C.) was a Greek poet known for his songs of wine and women.

You’re thinking: drinking song? I can’t sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” when I’m sober.

I’m not arguing with you. The thought of a bunch of guys drunk as lords, half of whom were lords, screeching this tune out at the top of their lungs … I don’t know about you, but in thirty seconds I’d be begging for Roseanne.

And the lyrics! You’d expect a drinking song to be pretty raucous, and by comparison to the national anthem I suppose “Anacreon” is. But it’s no “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.” Here’s the full unexpurgated text, dug out by my able assistant SDSTAFF Songbird, who provided much of the information that follows as well:
14   jazz_music   ignore (4)   2018 Feb 15, 11:58am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Here is the same story confirmed by a completely unrelated source.

You call it Liberal? --GOOD