Elizabeth Warren yearns to be Hispanic - no papers required.

Elizabeth Warren yearns to be Hispanic - no papers required.

By willywonka following x   2018 Feb 14, 3:55pm 167 views   5 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Elizabeth- ancestry.com. Just do it.
-----
Elizabeth Warren continues to embarrass herself over Native American heritage

Our country’s disrespect of Native people didn’t start with President Trump. It started long before President Washington ever took office," Warren continued. "I get why some people think there’s hay to be made here. You won’t find my family members on any rolls, and I’m not enrolled in a tribe. And I want to make something clear. I respect that distinction. I understand that tribal membership is determined by tribes — and only by tribes. I never used my family tree to get a break or get ahead. I never used it to advance my career."

Warren is right in a sense. Our country's disrespect of Native people does go back through the centuries, long before Trump. Warren helped contribute to that disrespect by claiming Cherokee and Delaware Indian heritage. She allegedly used it to land her teaching gig at Harvard Law School. She was singled out in the Harvard Crimson in 1996 for being Native American. Cherokee groups have demanded documentation proving that Warren is, in fact, Cherokee. She still hasn't provided it to this day, and she seems to have admitted clearly that it doesn't exist.

Whether you believe Sen. Warren leveraged her heritage to advance her career, it has become a point of contention in politics that doesn't do her any favors to keep bringing it up. It would be better if she apologized for ever claiming Native American heritage and admit that she was told as a child that her great-great-great-grandmother was part Cherokee. Admitting when you're wrong is often the best way out of a situation like this.

And in this rough and tumble world where President Trump reigns supreme when in messaging, Warren is only embarrassing herself and looking less appealing to challenge Trump if she has any hope of running for president in 2020. So, Sen. Warren, stop the charade and own up to this decades-old lie.

1   Rin   ignore (5)   2018 Feb 14, 5:13pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

willywonka says
Whether you believe Sen. Warren leveraged her heritage to advance her career

Willy, let me tell you something about the great Law School at Harvard ... they ONLY recruit professors with prestigious pedigrees. And thus, she was picked up from a stint at UPenn but then again, why would Penn recruit her either, w/o the original prestigious pedigree?

Prestigious law schools means Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Univ of Chicago, Columbia, and other Ivy a/o elite schools which also includes Oxford, Cambridge, and London on the British side of the pond. Practically no one from Rutgers Law (see Elizabeth Warren) has a chance at a teaching gig at Harvard without a postgraduate LLM from one of those prestigious law schools in America or Britain.

In this case, it's both pedigree and experience which counts.
2   willywonka   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 14, 8:35pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Rin says
Willy, let me tell you something about the great Law School at Harvard
I believe you, Rin. She used her false claims of being a persecuted minority to advance her career. Why wouldn't she release the results of her ancestry DNA tests? No one would assume she were an Indian, and she would never suffer discrimination directed towards Indians as she is by all appearances, whiter than whitebread.
3   Rin   ignore (5)   2018 Feb 14, 8:51pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

willywonka says
I believe you, Rin.

You don't even have to believe me. All you need to do is look at where the other Harvard Law profs went to college/grad/law school.

If you don't see the names: Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Univ of Chicago, NYU Law, Cornell, Oxford, Cambridge, U of London, Georgetown, (and I'm pretty sure you know the rest of the list), you'll find the outlying data points on the roster.
4   willywonka   ignore (0)   2018 Feb 15, 4:14am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Sotomayor entered Princeton University on a full scholarship, by her own later description gaining admission in part due to her achievements in high school and in part because affirmative action made up for her standardized test scores not being fully comparable to those of other applicants.

What type of documentation did she have to provide. Was she on a tribal register?
5   Rin   ignore (5)   2018 Feb 15, 3:54pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

willywonka says

The problem is that Yale Law is full pass/fail (no distinction/honors marking) and thus, an affirmative action admitted student would never have to later prove herself as 'elite material', just to get through the program.

My senior partner at this firm (who BTW, is now worth $100M+), did his postgraduate LLM at Univ of London Law and graduated lower half second class honors, 2:2. He was dean's list at both Penn and Columbia, during his earlier academic programs. He'd never seen a program like London, where the cream had to prove that they were the best of the crowd. I would suspect that Sotomayor would have either failed or barely passed at London, along with Elizabeth Warren.

Comment as anon_d667c or log in at top of page: