Putin unveils new Russian nuclear missile, says it renders defenses ‘useless’

By WookieMan following x   2018 Mar 3, 6:38am 1,696 views   7 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

My apologies if this is duplicate. Scanned the first 2-3 pages and didn't see anything.

He boasted that Russia's new ICBM is “powerful and modern and defense systems will not be able to withstand it,” he said. “Missile defenses will be useless against it.”

WTF is the point of this new tech? The end result is the same for Russia whether a missile is defended or not. Not sure how he can prove his claim either about the whole defense systems. I'd love for someone to give me a logical explanation why this is something other then propaganda versus earth shattering new tech or strategy? I don't get it.

Dozens, if not hundreds of these would have to be launched in unison, successfully mind you, to have a crippling impact on our nukes or allies. Then you have to account for the nuclear fallout if he decided to arm these ICBM's that way. Maybe he wouldn't. I get the element of surprise and first strike, but just really don't see how this changes anything whatsoever.
1   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2018 Mar 3, 6:43am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The fucker is getting desperate.
2   d6rB   ignore (1)   2018 Mar 3, 7:18am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
WTF is the point of this new tech?

Point is his electorate. He is up for another sham election soon, in less that 2 weeks, and he has to project image of a tough guy. If he does not, he will have to stuff election boxes not with 10-20% votes like last time, but with 50% and at that point it will become too obvious.

The missile is only in planning stages.

Interestingly, Putin has now ruled longer than Leonid Brezhnev.
3   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (35)   2018 Mar 3, 7:39am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Putin's insane, as demented as TRUMPLIGULA!.

He thinks the missile is his schlong and that he's going to deliver it to AMERICA! the way he plunges his manhood into TRUMPLIGULA!'s eager, quivering rectum.
4   Quigley   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 3, 8:04am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This is just the next level in strategic deterrence. He knows America has missile defenses that can shoot down ICBMs, and is making this very public statement about Russia’s nuclear capability to DETER the chicken hawks in Washington DC from getting any ideas about attacking Russia!

You have to understand that most nations in the world are fucking terrified that they’ll be the next on our military industrial complex’s “hit” list.
5   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 3, 12:48pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Quigley says

I get your overall comment, I just don't understand this part and what Russia thinks they're deterring. MAD still stands with their new weapons or at least proposed weapons. Nothing changed. I know there's some policies at home here to rile up the base (border wall off the top of my head), but are Russian's that dumb to think this give them some kind of advantage in something? Really shitty propaganda on their part is what I'm getting at I suppose.

Fact is either country could be totally bluffing capabilities anyway. I think the consensus is that both have a ton of ICBM's and can arm them with nukes. If one country launches 10 at once, which you kind of have to if you're going to strike first, I'm not sure either could stop that kind of assault. So not sure ICMB's that can do back flips or triple axles would make a difference for the Russians. Some are getting through regardless of defenses. Sheer force and numbers wins the day on a first strike. You're better off just making more and getting better about how and where you can launch from without the other side knowing. Improved defenses can only withstand so much if people are lobbing nukes around.

I guess I was a little astounded at the "seriousness" American media was reporting this shit. And Putin behaving like this is a game changer. This isn't WWII era. You drop even just one of these, a lot more are coming from every other direction and we're all fucked, same as before.
7   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Mar 3, 2:31pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

I agree. It doesn't change anything.

But the press is always desperate to report on new "dangers" because danger attracts attention, and attention means advertising dollars.

The Housing Trap