Trying out a 44 Magnum

By Patrick following x   2018 Mar 12, 8:32pm 977 views   8 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

I went shooting with my old boss and we tried out the 44 Magnum. It was ridiculous. After your first shot, you would not be able to hear a damn thing if you didn't have the ear protection. Here's my boss trying it out:

Let me know if the video doesn't play. Not too sure whether .mov files are Apple-only or not.
1   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2018 Mar 12, 8:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WTF with the gun being strapped to vertical bars? Which indoor range is this?
2   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Mar 12, 8:50pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It was a very good thing actually. The gun would have flown out of his hands without those springs, and mine too.

Was in Honolulu.
3   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2018 Mar 12, 8:55pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
Was in Honolulu.

Ah, yes: I've heard about this weird thing being practiced in HI. It was described differently to me though: the gun being attached by a piece of cable hanging from the ceiling. At least this is how it's alledgedly done in Maui's public ranges.
4   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Mar 12, 8:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Might be local regulation.
5   thenuttyneutron   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 12, 9:06pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I have fired both the 44 Magnum in a revolver and a Henry Big Boy classic. This cartridge pairs very well with a long gun. I highly recommend the .45 ACP over a 44 Magnum when it comes to handguns but I would take the 44 Magnum over the .45 ACP in a carbine.

Ears? If your ears are bothering you, you may not have picked out the best hearing protection. Find foam ear plugs with a 33 db reduction rating. You can use those less effective muffs with the plugs and get an even better db reduction. If you can move to a NFA friendly state, a suppressor would help a lot with the ear safety.

Another safety tip, keep your hands away from the sides of the cylinder, Revolvers spray tons of burning gases out the side where the cylinder lines up with the barrel. You appear to be holding it correctly in the video so this comment is simply a reminder.
6   HEYYOU   ignore (21)   2018 Mar 12, 9:11pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I used to shoot a 44 Mag & did all my reloading.
I loaded a couple of rounds,HOT! A couple were enough.
7   Hircus   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 12, 9:50pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I've always wanted to shoot a desert eagle
8   justme   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 12, 10:09pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HEYYOU says
I used to shoot a 44 Mag & did all my reloading.
I loaded a couple of rounds,HOT! A couple were enough.

Eeek! A closet guntard liberal :-) :-)

The Housing Trap