What stocks are you holding?

By Patrick following x   2018 Mar 23, 3:03pm 1,747 views   30 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Anyone else want to share the tickers of individual stocks that they own? (Without the number of shares, to maintain at least some privacy about net worth.)

Here's what I'm holding, not that they are all great. Some are dogs I haven't gotten around to selling yet. In fact, I'll order them by my % gain or loss on each:

ticker gain purchase date

ARNC -18.59% 2 dates
GPS -21.43% 11/30/2014
QCOM -26.84% 01/06/2014
GE -36.24% 04/27/2011
DSW -46.42% 2 dates
BGFV -61.40% 09/14/2013
1   KgK one   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 23, 3:47pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

GE was doing great way down from 30 $. Considering buying again at this low price
2   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 23, 3:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What exactly drove GE down so much? I'd want to understand that before buying more.
3   MAGA   ignore (1)   2018 Mar 23, 4:07pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

None. I got out of the market back in January. I didn't know it at the time but my timing was good. My cash is now in medium term CD's with my credit union. I have around 80% of my estate going to charity via POD on the CD's.
4   justme   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 23, 4:34pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Does anyone know a tool that will graph the % price change of an ensemble of stocks and indices from a specific date and onward? (yahoo can sort of do this by panning and scrolling)

Does anyone know a tool that will graph the price trajectory, absolute and percent, from their individual purchase dates, until today and/or a specific sell/close date? Maybe with highligting from buy to sell, then go one without highlighting?
6   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 23, 10:46pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

tovarichpeter says
RXDX

What makes you think it's a good stock?
7   tovarichpeter   ignore (2)   2018 Mar 24, 7:09am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Actually I bought this stock because my son is a vp of the company. They were purchased by Merck in Dec and I did make some money but they now appear to be frozen at 26.95. I honestly can’t say what the future price will be.
8   HEYYOU   ignore (18)   2018 Mar 24, 10:39am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My net worth is based on fiat currency & the paper I can buy with it.
9   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 24, 10:49am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I got out of most stocks-missed out on huge gains, but met my targets. Itching to get in, bought two rental properties instead to diversify a bit.

Currently holding in Ensco(ESV) oil driller-but at quite a loss. Oil stocks have been beaten down quite a bit, so lets see. I am getting in and out of index funds-single digit % profit so far. At these prices not sure of long term buy and hold.

Thinking of Ford if it goes down below 10-it is at 10.something now. Also looking at GE if it goes ten or below . Mostly buy and hold strategies long time-but GE would have to know how bad It is -they may go bankruptcy and wipe out their stock.

TEVA is another one-but again a bankruptcy candidate -strategic bankruptcy. So need further research.

I think 22k in DOW is expected, but not sure how low it will go?
10   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 24, 11:20am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

justme says

my.yahoo

I haven't found a suitable replacement since the mid-90s.

If you happen to find one please post.
11   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2018 Mar 24, 11:23am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Just holding ARLP and TCEHY. Taking a small loss on both at the moment... Made a ton of money over the last decade but got out of the market right after Trump was elected and missed the run up last year. Stuck my toe back in late last year.
12   mell   ignore (2)   2018 Apr 11, 10:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Still VCEL, ARRY, ATRS, also CYCC.
13   BayArea   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 11, 10:59pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Good post, I'll share mine when I have some free time
14   SFace   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 11, 11:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says

1) Bad management. Immelt flew his private jet and then had a tailing back-up jet. That's just horrible from the top, entitled and stupid.

2) Way too much horrible acquisitions. Literally none turned up well. Google buys YouTube, FB buys instragram and GE buys junk.

3) FS says it all, revenue, margins all down. Bad accounting and write-offs. Borderline fraud.

4) Pension obligations is through the roof, should suspend dividend long ago. It's capex deprived.

5) Lot of parts that don't compliment each other (energy, TV, insurance, jet engine, leasing and lightbulbs and appliances) There is nothing in common. It is all bad business, might as well buy software (not energy), social network (not TV), e-payment (not re-insurance) and up and coming industries.

GE still has ways to go to turnaround. Would not touch it until Q3.
15   SFace   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 11, 11:53pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I pick industries, then company

Big Tech:

NVDA, AMZN, FB, BABA, NFLX, AAPL, TWTR, GOOG (everyone owns these)

Little tech.cloud.software:

MULE, COUP, WDAY, TEAM , BOX (I know these products well as a user or know people)

Banks: (Tax cuts and higher interest rates are great for banks)

WFB, C, JPM

REITS

SPG, GGP, MGM

Retail

LULU, JWN, NKE

Airlines (Good enough for Buffet, good enough for me)

LUV, AAL

MISC

CMG, V, MO

I think energy is coming back in the next 18 months.
16   rbirchtree   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 12, 4:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

AMD- new leadership, better products, higher margin

QURE-- almost have a successful phase 3 drug through trials
INO- same

CNC-big government insurance administer, cash cow

WMT-better company with Jet, lots of growth
AMZN- overvalued, but I have a share
BRKB- for the shareholder meeting

UA-turnaround company with founder
TEVA-same
DDD- same

SAIL- security software, lots of growth, good founders
RDFN-real estate company should do great next recession to build housing inventory

CCL-for the 100 shares perk on cruises
LGCY- a large investment form I know of bought a lot of shares, so I bought some. Theu are oil and gas.

AZUL-hot growth airline in Brazil founded by ex-CEO of Jet Blue.
17   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 May 29, 7:17am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I don't actually manage my stocks, so there is not much work to be saved. I just buy and hold forever, mostly, and that has worked about 1% better than the overall market.
19   clambo   ignore (4)   2018 May 29, 9:58am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WFC, MSFT, AAPL

Apple I bought myself in 2009 then more around 2011.

I inherited WFC, MSFT

WFC was interesting; my father had inherited Wachovia shares since an ancestor founded some bank and it was acquired.

He held the $600K+ of Wachovia shares. I advised him to sell and buy a mutual fund for diversification. "Just walk into a Fidelity store and buy Contrafund and Blue Chip Growth". He was reluctant to do anything over the phone or online, so Vanguard and T.Rowe Price were not an option.

In the fall of 2008 POOF! he lost over $500K, Wells Fargo bought Wachovia for nothing and he ended up with some Wells Fargo shares.

Mutual funds are for me but stock trading is fun and exciting sometimes.
20   Hircus   ignore (0)   2018 May 29, 10:35pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

justme says

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/ does some of this.
morningstar also lets you enter custom positions / buy / sell dates etc..., and will produce stats and graphs from it.
21   mell   ignore (2)   2018 May 30, 5:58am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ATRS, VCEL
22   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 May 30, 7:41am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ARLP
CNTTF
CNNRF
ATBPF
TNYBF
GRWG
IIPR

CVSI is about to get sold from my portfolio because it’s gone up so much so fast, and it’s a little overweight at this point for my early retirement portfolio. I’m not one to short stocks but considering shorting MMEN if possible.
23   MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 May 30, 8:23am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TTD and CRC have been preforming nicely in the last few months.
24   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Jun 5, 1:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says
ATBPF
TNYBF
GRWG
IIPR

What a day
What a week
What a time to be alive!

Congrats to everyone who is crushing it in this massive bull run

Hell even my lone non cannabis equity is on a 30% run, plus those sweet, sweet ARLP distributions!
25   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Jun 18, 11:43am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says
ATBPF
TNYBF
GRWG
IIPR

Sold most of CVSI in the mid 2.xx’s
Moved to Green Thumb GTBIF, already up 20%. Still has room to run
26   SFace   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 20, 1:27pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

SFace says
I pick industries, then company

Big Tech:

NVDA, AMZN, FB, BABA, NFLX, AAPL, TWTR, GOOG (everyone owns these)

Little tech.cloud.software:

Banks: (Tax cuts and higher interest rates are great for banks)

WFB, C, JPM

REITS

SPG, GGP, MGM

Retail

LULU, JWN, NKE

Airlines (Good enough for Buffet, good enough for me)

LUV, AAL

MISC

CMG, V, MO

I think energy is coming back in the next 18 months.

Big tech, all ka ching.

Software: all Ka ching. software outperformed even big tech, lol. This is a software driven future

Banks: Not your time, run will come later. Added paypal and Square because traditional bank is disrupted.

REITS: not bad (5%), didn't expect much either way. MGM was a loser

Retail: Ka ching again. LULU lol, should have picked up RH.

Airlines: Not your time. They'll be ok

MISC: CMG ka ching, V ok, MO flat

energy: coming back, will pick up more

wow!
27   KgK one   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 20, 1:33pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

GE kicked out of Dow 30 , should we get rid of it , usually company getting out will not do well
28   SFace   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 20, 4:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

KgK one says

Per post 13, would not touch it until q3.

Getting kicked out is a great thing for GE. Ge needs the medicine that they are outdated and needs to change ways. Jet to back up jet, get real. Being humbled is the first step.
29   mell   ignore (2)   2018 Jun 20, 4:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Parted ways heavy-hearted with VCEL between $12-$13 to focus on ATRS, but it will only be a temporary vacation. Some ARRY left though I feel like VCEL (both 4-5 baggers within 1-2 years) it may be getting ahead of itself here unless it's being bought out. Expect ATRS to solidly move over $3 within the next 30 days.
30   DASKAA   ignore (3)   2018 Jun 20, 4:37pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

fool.com has a neat scorecard feature, which allows you to compare the performance of your holdings against S&P, DJIA, etc.

The Housing Trap