Patrick.net Moderation Policy

By Patrick following x   2018 Apr 14, 8:43am 693 views   11 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

TL;DR If you are expressing a sincerely held point of view with good will, you don't need to read the rest of this. Such comments and posts are very welcome here.

As of now, I have adopted a modified subset of the Reddit Red Pill moderation policy as the moderation policy for patrick.net:

Grounds for removing comments or posts:

Attacking another user instead of his point
Name-calling (any comment that includes "You are a ...")
Being overly argumentative for the sake of argument, harming the spirit of productive discussion
General trollery (deliberately inflammatory remarks)
Concern trolling or any comment about "patrick.net losing quality"
Good-bye posts
Providing no new insight, being repetitive, lacking substance
Spam
Exposing personal information about other users, like home address or real name ("doxing")
Anything that appears low quality to the mods

Grounds for temporarily banning a user:

Abusing or breaking the rules.

Grounds for permanently banning a user:

Demonstrating that a temporary ban was ineffective
Demonstrating no interest in actual discourse
Arguing with moderators

A note on Concern Trolling

Posts that utilize any kind of concern or shaming language are immediately suspect. Typical language includes:

"I feel so bad, sad, etc."
"You're bitter."
"Misogynist"
"Racist"
"You all..."

Open debate and discussion is encouraged, but please bring facts, and not ad hominem attacks or "concern for our well being".

It is very possible to be here and ask questions or disagree without setting off any red flags. However, common attributes of a troll post include:

Leading with a presumptive conclusion: "The fact that you're bitter is getting in the way of.."
Asking fallacious questions to which any answer is an endorsement to a presupposition: "Can anybody tell me why you guys hate women so much?"
Ad hominem: "just because you are bitter.."
Condescension: "This just seems like a bunch of chest beating to me.."
Unfalsifiable rhetoric: phrases, insults, accusations that cannot be falsified and serve no purpose but to manipulate the emotional state of the opponent or onlookers. "This is just a circle jerk"
Accusations of echo chamber/circle jerk: The term "circlejerk" itself is meaningless and unfalsifiable rhetoric used to gain an upper hand in an argument without any of the legwork required to disprove the opponent's points.
Concern: "I feel like this site is focusing too much on...": If you are genuinely concerned, contact a moderator, or submit more content of the quality you would prefer to see.
Insulting the moderators: If you disagree with a moderator, that's just fine. You can do so publicly. We're not gods, we don't know everything. However, if you show disrespect to the moderators by using ad hominem attacks or thinly disguise an insult as a "genuine" disagreement, you will be banned.

Our moderators do a lot of work to keep our patrick.net clean and functioning on a daily basis such deleting flame comments and attempting to keep discussions on track. Please do not make our jobs harder. Thank you!
1   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 14, 8:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

I'll fall in line. I apologize for my outburst last night and this morning. I'm being serious and not sarcastic. One can only take so much, so hopefully these rules help moving forward.
2   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 14, 8:57am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Ok, I deleted my nasty and/or passive aggressive comments. If you think I missed some, feel free to nuke them.
3   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 14, 8:58am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

No problem @WookieMan !

You're amazingly patient. I hope you'll continue moderating.
4   Aphroman   ignore (4)   2018 Jun 5, 3:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Bump

Whatever happened to Wookieman?
5   RC2006   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 5, 3:57pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Patrick says

"I feel so bad, sad, etc."
"You're bitter."
"Misogynist"
"Racist"
"You all..."

Dems be fighting words.
6   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 5, 5:31pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Aphroman says
Whatever happened to Wookieman?

Don't know. I hope he comes back.
7   Aphroman   ignore (4)   2018 Jun 5, 5:40pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

@Patrick can i get a little clarification here? I read this thread, and saw some posters breaking the rules, so i did as you ask and marked them as personal. I guess a mod disagreed and allowed the personal attacks to be reposted, so now i lose my mark as personal button. What gives with that?
8   Aphroman   ignore (4)   2018 Jun 5, 5:41pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

And all my posts are disappearing now, and I cannot make New Posts on the front page??

Wouldn’t it make sense to notify the users of what the infractions are that lead to us being censored, so we can avoid it in the future?

@Patrick
9   Aphroman   ignore (4)   2018 Jun 5, 6:13pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Test

Are my posts still being censored?

Why have them censored in the first place?
10   Sniper   ignore (11)   2018 Jun 5, 6:54pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Aphroman says

Nope.

It doesn't work that way now. Welcome to the club, where you get censored for ZERO reasons.

11   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 6, 5:06am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Patrick says
Aphroman says
Whatever happened to Wookieman?

Don't know. I hope he comes back.

I'm here. Have taken a couple months off work and tried to unplug for a little while from the electronics. So haven't taken much time to read and post here. I'll still be around, but you probably won't see much of me this summer. Definitely more of a cold weather poster/reader living in IL and all. Global warming has been kind to IL this May so I've been working and chilling in the pool a lot and getting the yard looking stunning. Also have done a couple long weekend trips up to WI and one down to MO.

The Housing Trap