How is Trump's $130K payoff to Stormy a big deal?

By Rin following x   2018 Apr 20, 11:49am 1,124 views   11 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Ok, I don't get it? In the past few years, I'd gone from being in the upper middle class to being in the lower rich.

In other words, ~90% my hedge fund equity was released from "private equity" into dividend yielding equities where 3/4 of it was in tax-deferred accounts for retirement.

As a result, my dividend yields (excluding cap gains) are a paltry $400K per annum and since my current consulting gig, ~$200K/yr covers all of my costs (including paying some ordinary income taxes on the non-deferred equities), I simply compound my passive earnings... ala dividend reinvestments.

All of my travel/lodging/livery costs are expensed to the firm.

Now, I'm being told that the Don, a man who's suppose to be a billionaire (Read: not me) can't pony up $130K hush money and needs to pilfer the election funding box?

This makes no sense to me?! That's suppose to be lunch money for him! Even I can pay off Stormy, albeit, I'd rather put it towards Philip Morris or Johnson & Johnson.
1   georgeliberte   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 20, 11:53am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Damn Trump raising the price of p$%^y, that's how.
2   TrumpingTits   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 20, 1:23pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's 'only about sex'. <-- What the Dems said in their lame excuse to defend Bill Clinton's suborning of perjury.

Notice how all of a sudden it is a Big Deal to the Dems? Especially since they promised to produce hard proof of direct collusion between Trump and the Russians only now we have the proof between the DNC/Clintons and the Russians? So, they need a distraction...SEX!
3   Tim Aurora   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 20, 1:27pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It is the same claim which got John Edwards fired, Using campaign money ( yes it is if Cohen donated it to Trump) not reported and used for personal gains,
4   HEYYOU   ignore (20)   2018 Apr 20, 4:33pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Flaunting one's wealth might not be the best strategy, just in case things don't go as one planned.
It's not being afraid,it might be smart.
I choose to not be a target.
Anyone loan me a couple of bucks?
5   FortWayne   ignore (2)   2018 Apr 20, 5:01pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It’s not important, it’s an attempt by Democrats to undermine the US president and our entire nation.
6   rocketjoe79   ignore (0)   2018 Apr 21, 9:31am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Quote: Thus, my full retirement to Australia, where seeing hoes daily and partying to my heart's content, are on schedule.

Where in Australia?
7   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (4)   2018 Apr 21, 11:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

rocketjoe79 says

Where in Australia?

It's legal or tolerated everywhere in Australia:

Have not been there, but as long as you have money Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth are supposed to be outstanding.
8   Rin   ignore (3)   2018 Apr 21, 9:46pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says

Perth is the most far away city at the far end of a desert. Pretty much, to get from there to anywhere else, you'll need a plane.

The places which are more geographically connected are Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane, basically the southeast and the east coast.

If I were a wine person, Adelaide would be it but since I'd grown up in Boston, the places closest to that would be Melbourne & Sydney.
9   Tenpoundbass   ignore (11)   2018 Apr 21, 11:17pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

georgeliberte says
Damn Trump raising the price of p$%^y, that's how.

You win the Internet for the year.
10   Malcolm   ignore (1)   2018 Apr 22, 7:01pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Why has no one taken the position that she is guilty of blackmail? That is more of a crime than caving in and paying it.
11   Strategist   ignore (3)   2018 Apr 22, 8:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Malcolm says

When you blackmail with lawyers, it's not blackmail anymore. They call it justice.

The Housing Trap