Worlds largest Cannabis Company hits the NYSE today

By APHAman following x   2018 May 24, 3:04am 4,605 views   154 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Sadly, Americans are not even able to compete in the marketplace, because Conservative Trumpublicans hate Freedom, States Rights, and Personal Responsibility, so their War on Drugs carries on, at great cost, with no victory in sight, only relentless drubbing from the Liberals.

A six Billion dollar company is dominating the global Cannabis industry, with ZERO COMPETITION from Americans, all thanks to Republicans unwillingness to end their Failed Loser War on Drugs.

#SkinintheGame
#ECS
#Freedom

« First    « Previous    Comments 115 - 154 of 154    Last »

115   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 17, 7:34am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Constellation already bought CGC
Molsen did a JV with HEXO
Now KO in talks with ACB

My two largest Canadian holdings have yet to announce any courtships. I’m very pleased with that, Aphria and CannTrust are best in class, they continue to benefit from those around them getting deals anyways.

The US plays have all soared in 2018, and there’s no volume yet, they’re trading OTC, and have no exposure, so there’s still room to run.

Happy Monday!
116   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 18, 7:03am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Holy bagoley, new ATH!

I admit, last week when my account was bleeding tens of thousands by the minute, it was nerve wracking to hold. A little bit. Now it looks like we’re headed to another level. LET’S GO!
117   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 18, 7:11am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Oh snap! Aurora halted this morning before the opening bell

Coca Cola is entering the space now too!

Constellation——> Canopy
Molsen ——-> HEXO
Coca Cola ———> Aurora

This leaves my two largest Canadian holdings left looking for a partner at the big dance. And all three big boys headed to the NYSE/NASDAQ

Buckle up
118   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 19, 7:01am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
$CVSI is a good buy here at 3.50

Even better, because it's at $2.99 now..

Too late to:

Ride it to the bottom... Yee Haw...

lol! I love humor. Thanks for making a pick though......
119   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 19, 7:06am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

I did sell half the original investment and will likely sell the rest of the original investment and let it ride with house money. Not life changing money, but thanks for the pick, again. I'm thinking a week here with the money down the road: http://www.jademountain.com
122   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 19, 8:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

Nice pull. I was never a lambos and yachts guy myself, but I’m shopping a nice G90 instead of a G80 after the way things are flying. Up 150% in the core holdings since the August 14th announcement. Absolutely nailed a trade or two in my trading account too.

Kicking myself for not participating in TLRY madness but I was already all in when they started moving. I like my positions FAR better anyway. CVSI is definitely the shadiest of them all, but that shouldn’t matter for a little while. GWPH and Epidiolex might cause some trouble for CBD sellers, even though everyone is cheerleading the Farm Bill with Hemp provisions likelihood of passing
123   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 19, 8:05pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Shit is getting crazy stateside though

New Jersey will announce their adult recreational legalization this week. With the governor pushing for immediate action

I just got a tweet from Governor Cuomo NY:

Andrew Cuomo
@NYGovCuomo
5h
We want to hear from communities across the state as we work to draft legislation on a regulated marijuana program in New York.

Find a listening session near you:

Massachusetts is FINALLY launching their adult rec program

It’s BUBBLE TIME!!
124   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Sep 19, 9:38pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Does anybody believe a legalized Canadian Market of 35M people - less than California - is worth multiple multi-billion dollar valued corporations for what is a commodity product that requires minimal process and is not well differentiated?
125   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 19, 10:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says

What do you value them at?

Rob Sands, CEO of a 45 billion dollar STZ, sure thought Canopy was worth north of ten billion when he dropped another 4 billion into CGC.

This is a trillion dollar industry in the making. How much should the public companies that comprise said industry be valued at?
126   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 27, 8:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Weed.to is on sale today after Failed Loser right wing Conservative Doug Ford fumbles the fuck out of Ontario retail rollout: says each Licensed Producer will be allowed to open one store each. WTF

CGC dips down under $50, if i were interested in buying Canopy from the sidelines, I’d think this is a good entry point.
127   HEYYOU   ignore (21)   2018 Sep 27, 10:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Why don't Republicans enforce our Federal Drug Laws? These Socialists can't do their job but can cash their Socialist taxpayers' paycheck.
You stupid Republicans! Possession,use & sale of marijuana is a Federal crime.
Fuck all Republicans to Hell before you destroy America.
The death penalty should be the only punishment for Republicans that have any trace of marijuana in their possession.
How many Republicans will harvest an outdoor illegal marijuana crop in the next month? Maybe they will die
of natural causes,today,& save taxpayers the cost of executions.

Slime America hating Rep/Cons have nothing. They are nothing.
128   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Sep 27, 10:20am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HEYYOU says
You stupid Republicans! Possession,use & sale of marijuana is a Federal crime.
Fuck all Republicans to Hell before you destroy America.
of natural causes,today,& save taxpayers the cost of executions.

Slime America hating Rep/Cons have nothing. They are nothing.

Law and Order Republicans, of course. Ugh i wish it were funny, but it’s beyond fucked
129   Patrick   ignore (1)   2018 Sep 28, 8:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Judges in Seattle have decided to quash convictions for marijuana possession for anyone prosecuted in the city between 1996 and 2010.

City Attorney Pete Homes asked the court to take the step "to right the injustices of a drug war that has primarily targeted people of colour."

Possession of marijuana became legal in the state of Washington in 2012.

Officials estimate that more than 542 people could have their convictions dismissed by mid-November.
130   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 15, 8:22am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Pot Stocks are WHITE HOT again on this lovely Monday Morning. CGC flirting with new All time highs, potentially poised for another breakout and next leg up. $$$$
131   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 15, 9:41am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says

Still doing good on CVSI. While I haven't researched the market much, big anecdotal concern came up for me yesterday. My sister, an anti-anything attorney (drugs/alcohol), talked about purchasing pot stocks. I was rather shocked to be honest she would ever even bring it up. Never really talks about investment stuff with me, let alone purchasing cannabis corp stock. She's a straight index fund type.

I'm convinced there will be winners long term for sure (think AALP mid 80's to today). It will be legal in more states and eventually nationally. But this is starting to have a touch of the crypto stink to me. I just play around with money I can lose (which I've done well with CVSI) but not sure the run isn't going to hit the ceiling soon. We'll see, as admittedly this isn't my game. It's going to go higher, but when it peaks, I think it will come down hard. (talking 6 months time frame. 10 years from now, companies that stay in the game will most certainly be winners)

I think we're hitting FOMO territory and it will drive it higher short term. Maybe through the holidays. But people are going to start taking their gains soon I think. So play safe. As usual, I'll probably be wrong otherwise I'd be a multi-millionaire by now. I'm holding CVSI for now, but might sell it out before X-mas (sell 90% of my remaining shares) and leave a small portion of house money on it as a long term play. Either way, I've won on this one and can't/won't lose a $ at this point.
132   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 15, 10:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says

Maybe your sister likes money

I’m predicting a bubble, it’s a matter of where you place us on the bubble chart.

Kinda nice to have your account up 7% while everyone is whinging about their Grandpa stocks getting dinged.

I’m still pretty amazed that we haven’t had a Crypto type run for cannabis equities...yet. Millions of people went to great lengths to invest in something they had zero knowledge about wrt bitcoin. I still don’t know anyone outside of my close circle of investors, who have even done due diligence on the Cannabis sector. I’m guessing that’s a function of US Law in part, and the Canadian centric nature of the sector, but I’m still continually amazed at lack of interest in the sector.

Trillion dollar industry in the making, and no need of proof of concept. Everyone already knows it works

I’m not wasting anytime head aching over it. Just keep my head down and watch the tickers. Snip a few easy swing trades here and there. Pinch myself to make sure this is real
133   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 15, 1:38pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Or 9.6% LOL

Holy crap this is a wild ride. Hold on tight
134   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 15, 1:42pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

I heard that Oregon already produces 300% more marijuana than demand requires.

How much pot can 30M Canadians smoke?
135   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 15, 1:44pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Afroman gets arrested when he goes back in time to 1968. Also featuring Sonny Bono
136   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 6:06am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Holy fucking shitballs what do we have here on the first day post Canadian Legalization?

Every Store sold out on Day 1 in Canada with long lines queued around the block

Aphria NYSE up listing

IAnthus and MPX both halted this morning

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
137   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 6:23am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

iAnthus and MPX are apparently merging

WTF

ITHUF is my largest holding and i had intentionally played MPX smaller because of their messy share structure

At least Aphria is by far Aphromans largest Canadian play....when you factor in all the LHS i own(who also just announced entry into Ohio), who is APH’s US horse, and add up Scythian as a nice arb play on APH shares, I’m having irregular heart beats now

Watch CVSI drop early financials too now. Can we make six figures by 931am tody?
138   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Oct 18, 6:30am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says
Can we make six figures by 931am tody?

Lets hope you do! Report back
139   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 18, 6:56am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says

Good luck! Happy with the pick so far. For the time frame, best short term pick I've ever received from anyone, lol, from Patnet of all places! Also the first time I've ever acted on a pick from an online forum.
140   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 7:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Still halted

Up 3% otherwise, and that’s with my lone non cannabis play dragging down in the red

This is why everyone should be 100% cannabis stocks. Although i think the Vanadium is still a great bet

Canada plays

Vanadium

LGORF

Pick n Shovel

KSHB

Canada retail

LQSIF (pays a dividend)

And last but not least, two shit penny stocks, I’ve been getting lucky as all hell gambling on these type plays

SIPC
KGKG

I think that’s my entire portfolio at the moment 🤑
141   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 7:07am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

How could i forget MedMen and IIPR

If you have yet to wet your beak in Cannabis stocks, i think SCCYF is a nice sleeper, they hold more shares of APH then their total market cap 🙃

LHSIF is a good one too, but i have to think they have a capital raise waiting in the wings

For Canada, all three of my plays are probably good buys here, but VFFIF has a lot of US real estate and has yet to participate in any real bull run.

I wish i had more money to invest 🎃
142   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 7:36am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was wondering why Green Thumb was up the most. Forgot they hold over 10 million iAnthus warrants. Noice
143   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 18, 7:37am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

i think SCCYF is a nice sleeper,

Got me some.

VFFIF

Got me some.

Holding more individual stocks then I ever have. Like the potential reward, but fuck I need to keep an eye on this now. Not how I like to do it, but I think the next 3 months are going to be like Crypto (late 2017 into 2018) for pot stocks with a peak in January after everyone talks about it at Thanksgiving and Xmas parties. Unlike crypto though, I think some of these stocks are here for the long haul.
144   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 8:18am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

i think SCCYF is a nice sleeper,

Got me some.

VFFIF

Got me some.

That’s been the script past few years. October-January is the running of the bulls.

There’s some big multinationals swarming to grab a piece like how we’ve seen with STZ and CGC

KO has been rumored for talks with ACB

Altria was rumored to be shopping Aphria, but i still think Diageo already has something worked out with APH. Hopefully the NYSE approves the up list and then Aphria announces a partnership, so the best damn company in the sector parlays yuge news with hitting the big boards

You are a gambler. First CVSI, the shadiest in the sector, then two underperformers that get no love. Scythian is now a Florida operator, sitting on 15 million shares of APH. They alone are worth about as much as their market cap. Andy Defransesco runs that show, and i think he’s pretty shady. VFFIF is a tomato farmer who has converted some Canuck facilities over to the ganja. If/when the USA wakes the fuck up, they have tremendous options with their US veggie grows

I would have recommended just go with iAnthus. But i feel weird recommending my top holding after a run up

SCCYF and VFFIF have yet to participate, hopefully they treat us well. I’d say hold them until your tax burden qualifies as LT instead of ST
145   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Oct 18, 8:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says

October is one of the historic crash months. All crashes show signs of tremors first. A mini drop last week seems like a nothing burger, but keep your eye on it.

How correlated are these weed stocks to SP500? If SP500 crashes 30%, what happens to aphro's portfolio?

Could be similar to tobacco stocks that dont drop as much into recessions?
146   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Oct 18, 8:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphro, do this, could you pick out up to 10 of those products w the best stock historical data available.

I may have time to run some analysis, see how they correlate and cointegrate to overall market as well as each other.

^^been doing this w crypto daily.
147   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 9:33am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says

^^been doing this w crypto daily.

You should use their Canadian tickers

WEED.to
CRON.to
ACB
APH
TRST.to
OGI
HEXO
148   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Oct 18, 9:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I like looking at charts as much as the next guy, but it’s tough to assume too much about what’s to come next by looking into the past. The landscape is ever changing and there’s important information that puts things in context.
149   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2018 Nov 26, 2:48pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

And back down again...

i think SCCYF is a nice sleeper,

Got me some.

Oh crap....

VFFIF

Got me some.

Holding more individual stocks then I ever have. Like the potential reward,

Reward???

APHAman says

Not any more.... the Bears have been really hungry with those stocks!
150   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Nov 26, 3:53pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yea it’s been a buyers market lately. Anyone who has been in these stocks over the years has seen this type of volatility before

From Aug 14 - Sept 14, i was up 126%. Since then, it dipped as much as 30%. There’s still no liquidity, so you have to expect the volatility, and it’s not as if the rest of the market hasn’t been getting Trumped on....
151   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2018 Nov 26, 8:13pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APHAman says

But, but but... it's cannabis, the world will be saved, the people are clamoring for it, states are approving it, Canada legalized the whole country... We'll be RICH!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait....

BOOM.... just like Bitcoin.... start practicing "do you want to Supersize your order".
152   APHAman   ignore (8)   2018 Nov 29, 6:45am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
WookieMan says
$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

And back down again...

i think SCCYF is a nice sleeper,

Got me some.

Oh crap....

VFFIF

Got me some.

Holding more individual stocks then I ever have. Like the potential reward,

Reward???

APHAman says
That’s been the s...

Nice call it’s up 30% since you posted this on Monday night lol
153   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 11:31am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
WookieMan says
$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

And back down again...

Haven't lost a dime on anything I've put into a few of the cannabis tickers. Have done rather well. Glad you're selectively quoting things as usual. On one play alone I sold my original investment and let the rest ride. I'm still up significantly, since I sold over half my shares when it was up 80%. I literally cannot lose money on any cannabis stocks if they all went to zero.

How did your picks do? Crickets.....
154   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 9:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
How did your picks do? Crickets.....

« First    « Previous    Comments 115 - 154 of 154    Last »