Worlds largest Cannabis Company hits the NYSE today

By Aphroman following x   2018 May 24, 3:04am 1,799 views   125 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

Sadly, Americans are not even able to compete in the marketplace, because Conservative Trumpublicans hate Freedom, States Rights, and Personal Responsibility, so their War on Drugs carries on, at great cost, with no victory in sight, only relentless drubbing from the Liberals.

A six Billion dollar company is dominating the global Cannabis industry, with ZERO COMPETITION from Americans, all thanks to Republicans unwillingness to end their Failed Loser War on Drugs.

#SkinintheGame
#ECS
#Freedom

« First    « Previous    Comments 86 - 125 of 125    Last »

86   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 29, 9:42am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayne says
It’s a gateway drug.

How? Can you cite some legitimate articles or information? Tylenol is a gateway drug to Vicodin. You see the side effects of Tylenol on the label at all? Vicodin? And that's mild. Fucking stomach bleeding?

Name ONE PHYSICAL side effect of cannabis that is more severe then Tylenol? If you're fine trashing your liver and stomach with Tylenol because of a back ache, then I'm not sure how to help you. There are safer alternatives you can grow in your back yard. Everything should be done in moderation anyway, so I don't get the "gateway drug" argument. If you end up doing other drugs, you were likely to do them anyway. Show me a study that says something different?
87   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 29, 9:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
MrMagic says
I'll leave it at that, since you still won't get it, even if I type slower.

FYI, you can type as slow or fast as you please. It doesn't show up live on the site until you hit submit. Just thought you'd like to know that.

Just a friendly reminder to Patnet users. Type the speed that's comfortable for you. I can't recommend this enough. And when you're ready, hit submit. And guess what? We can then see the comment.

Please format as best you can though and not make it one long paragraph or anything like that. I sometimes make this mistake.
88   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Aug 29, 10:19am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
FortWayne says
It’s a gateway drug.

Sugar is THE gateway drug. To addiction in general, but it absolutely nets the greatest Cost while providing no benefit

If this actually were a Capitalist country, that would require the citizenry to know how to do a Cost Benefit Analysis, and that would drive society and policy.

What is the cost in allowing Gods people to use his medicine? NONE!

What is the benefit in utilizing the most valuable, beneficial, utilitarian plant on this planet?

The poor souls suffering from any number of the conditions that it CURES BETTER THAN ANY EXISTING MEDICINE can afford the most inexpensive and simplistic remedy available

That right there, in and of itself, any reasonable person would go SOLD. We’re in. Grow the grass, use it as medicine.

There’s so many other applications and use cases for the plant, you have to be suffering from either a mental deficiency, witchcraft spell, propaganda , or disingenuousness
89   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Aug 29, 8:04pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Oh Marijuana, captured Princess of the Rightwingers
Cure my Glaucoma, and my Cystic Fibrosis
Take away my Athlete's Foot, Lift my Halitosis
Oh Marijuana, gift for the Singers
World Peace, Perpetual Motion you are the Bringer
90   FortWayne   ignore (2)   2018 Aug 29, 8:13pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Alcoholic aren’t rebelling. Neither are drug addicts.

That shit is just bad.

dr6B says
FortWayne says
It’s a gateway drug.

So is alcohol. Also, if drugs are legal, stupid teenagers will not use them to "rebel" against society.
91   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Aug 30, 6:30am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says

$CVSI misrepresentation by management. The total bull case is based on REJECTED patents the company has never disclosed and continues to hype. Securities Fraud? Another IRTH special pic.twitter.com/nhI7Da8PoO

— Citron Research (@CitronResearch) August 20, 2018

92   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Aug 30, 7:21am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
Aphroman says
$CVSI is a good buy here at 3.50

These lawsuits are nonsense

Charlottes Web demand is LARGE

How about the Thumb hitting a grand slam, while Tilray hits a single yet continues the march upward. Some of these valuations are silly

Fuck it. Put some losable money on it. Executed at $3.119. At least if I lose it, I'll have a legitimate reason to bash you ;)

I used some of my ARLP divi's. So free money. Lol. We're talking small amounts here, just having fun and love getting the tips. Generally not an individual stock investor. Just do it 3 or 4 times a year, like going to a casino with $500-$1,000 and hoping for luck. If you think it's going south, @wookie.... me, but I'm a set and forget guy. So if I miss it, that's on me. Look at that, personal responsibility ;)

Nice entry

Nice gains

35% in 24 hours ain’t too shabby
93   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 30, 9:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says
Nice entry

Nice gains

35% in 24 hours ain’t too shabby

Right on! You piece of shit for giving a good tip ;) Lol.

Like I said, not much invested, but making even small money sitting on my ass is good by me.
94   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 30, 1:53pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Crickets? Someone made a legit pick and it jumped 27% in a day. Essentially in the moment making a call. If I had put legit money on it I could have made good money in a day doing nothing but clicking the keyboard.

MAKE. A. PICK! This is for everyone here. Otherwise no one really cares about your opinion if you comment on a thread like this. Start your own thread about betting on when the sewer will back up into your trailer. I give it one hour. $100 if someone is a taker...
95   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Aug 30, 2:03pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
Crickets?

Bet on black. 100% return in less than 20 seconds. AnD you can do it as many times as you want.

You're welcome :)
96   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 30, 6:54pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
WookieMan says
Crickets?

You're welcome :)

Not gonna lie, this is a better tip then most give here.
97   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 30, 7:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's fine if no one wants to put out stock picks. I get it. But don't come into threads and trash other picks if you don't have the balls to do it on your own. Even in jest, CBOE's post is just fine by me. At least an idea was thrown out.

I'm conjuring up an interesting idea. Let's start a new thread. Everyone gets to pick one stock by Sept. 10th. By Jan. 1st, 2019 whoever does the worst is banned from the forum for one month. I think this could be fun. Who's in? How do we organize it?
98   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 4, 6:34am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CVSI 3.12 entry now 4.72

Up over 50% in three trading days. Nice move @Wookieman
99   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 4, 8:05am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says

Unless you have some unusual insight about the news (or insider info), then very short term gains are essentially random, and equally likely to be losses. It's still a fun game, but it's not really investing, just gambling.

Real investing means understanding the company financials and their market pretty well, and holding long enough that that understanding gets reflected in an increased stock price. I'm thinking like a year or more.
100   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 4, 8:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says
CVSI 3.12 entry now 4.72

Up over 50% in three trading days. Nice move @Wookieman

Good tip. Thanks again. I did sell half the original position to minimize any potential losses. Probably will let it ride for a while now as I don't have the patience or time to look at this shit every day.

Patrick says

Generally I agree with this sentiment. Like I've said, not a big individual stock investor type myself. Set and forgot is how I roll. That said, I keep about $10-20k in fun money to play with if I've got the time to do some research on the riskier parts of the market (it got to that amount playing around with $4k original investment about 4 years ago).

I did no research in this case though and have done very well off a Patnet post. I've never done that, ever by the way, make a trade on a forum pick before. Hence my thread about making picks.

Seems like we've got a decent amount of people interested in markets, that the combined knowledge could bring out some good picks or ideas. It has in the past at least. The politics is getting nauseating at this point. Nothings going to happen to Trump or Hillary. Let's maybe have a fun thread is what I was thinking.
101   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 4, 8:45am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
CBOEtrader says

It’s not every day that a 50 billion industry moves from black market Prohibition into Legalization and regulation. There’s a wealth of knowledge out there, if you search it out.

The writing has been on the wall here for years. If Constellation Brands STZ original entry into Canopy Growth Corporation CGC last fall wasn’t enough to capture ones attention, you’d think the 5 billion they dropped to secure a majority ownership stake in mid August would have sounded the bells.
102   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 4, 9:01am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Aphroman says

You've definitely caught my interest on this market. Was always aware of it obviously being the occasional consumer and frequent traveler to CO. But now that the money is flowing, I'm not sure it can be shut off or down. There's opportunity here for sure and the risk of government shut down is minimal/low, which would be my biggest concern.

I think the wild west days are done as well (getting fucked on some tiny company). If you research these companies, I'm guessing worse case they get bought out and you're owning some other company you may not have wanted. Consolidation will happen, but you'll likely experience it with profits.
103   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 4, 9:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Andrew Left of Citron is now shorting TLRY Tilray. Seems like a layup at these levels
104   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Sep 4, 10:10am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
equally likely to be losses.

Add in trading costs and it's more likely to be a loss.

To justify a trade your edge must be large enough that your transaction costs are a fraction of the expected profit.

For day traders and short term traders, it doesnt work out well in the long run. The more they trade the faster they lose.
105   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 4, 1:06pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Holy cow

Best day in a long while for me, and that’s after two weeks of daily ~10% gains. Not sure what happened in the last 30 minutes of trading, but it notched my account up another 2+%

Things are heating up
106   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 5, 11:47am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Dipping my beak back in CVSI. Doubled up at 3.93 this morning, first time I’ve averaged down on CVSI. Farm Bill on the table. Potential Nasdaq uplisting. It’s not every day you have a penny stock that’s going to post 50$ million in sales this year with no debt, low float, and is already profitable

Let’s go Wookie
107   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 6, 2:06pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Things are really heating up in the Cannabis sector. Aphroman is very happy with APH today (APHQF). People who are selling these companies right now are crazy. Canada goes full federal legal October 17th. Institutions have been loading up on CGC, CRON, TLRY the past three weeks. Retail has been selling, can't blame them for taking profits, many retail players have become fabulously wealthy. Personally i'm still all in, i even mad a small play yesterday on borrowed money.
108   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 7, 7:42am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The next logical step in the evolution of the marijuana industry beyond capacity expansion is for sales, marketing infrastructure, and branding to be built from the ground up. For instance, a number of top-tier growers have chosen to partner with software-as-a-service giant Shopify (NYSE: SHOP). Shopify's e-commerce platform is set to act like a middleman for cannabis orders. It'll be responsible for executing orders, as well as anticipating customers' needs. Shopify has already snagged a partnership with the Ontario Liquor Control Board, as well as Aurora Cannabis, among other growers.

Maybe I'm already benefitting from legal pot by owning Shopify stock.
109   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 7, 10:02am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says

Maybe I'm already benefitting from legal pot by owning Shopify stock.

I posted that @ you in the SHOP thread a few months ago when they inked the deal. Only in Canada, though.
110   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 10, 8:09am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says
Just remember, nobody went broke selling too soon.

I keep this in mind, every minute that the market is open. I'm just not sure if it's true. Selling these companies too soon may well be the difference of living out ones days in Caligulan splendor, versus counting down the days one has until their funds are depleted and they're stuck with nothing, relying on help to survive.

Today is 9/10/2018, had i sold out on 8/10/2018, i'd have missed out on another doubling of my net worth. And i'm faced with the same question again today. When you're up 7+% before you kick off your work week on a Monday morning, it's much less stressful when you're not contemplating locking in a years salary for 90 minutes of the market being open....

It's times like these when i'm appreciative of taxes. If i didn't have the tax man over my shoulder waiting for his pound of flesh, i'd have already cashed out. LOL
111   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 10, 2:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CVSI up 36% today

Giddy up!
112   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 11, 8:55am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nice follow thru today for CVSI after yesterdays GRAS announcement. How long until we're making new all time highs? I'm tipping double digits in 2018 yet
114   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 11, 8:33pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nice!!! I don’t check here or even my account every day but shit looks good on my end.

Fuck, again, nice pick/suggestion.
115   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 17, 7:34am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Constellation already bought CGC
Molsen did a JV with HEXO
Now KO in talks with ACB

My two largest Canadian holdings have yet to announce any courtships. I’m very pleased with that, Aphria and CannTrust are best in class, they continue to benefit from those around them getting deals anyways.

The US plays have all soared in 2018, and there’s no volume yet, they’re trading OTC, and have no exposure, so there’s still room to run.

Happy Monday!
116   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 18, 7:03am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Holy bagoley, new ATH!

I admit, last week when my account was bleeding tens of thousands by the minute, it was nerve wracking to hold. A little bit. Now it looks like we’re headed to another level. LET’S GO!
117   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 18, 7:11am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Oh snap! Aurora halted this morning before the opening bell

Coca Cola is entering the space now too!

Constellation——> Canopy
Molsen ——-> HEXO
Coca Cola ———> Aurora

This leaves my two largest Canadian holdings left looking for a partner at the big dance. And all three big boys headed to the NYSE/NASDAQ

Buckle up
118   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 19, 7:01am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
Aphroman says
$CVSI is a good buy here at 3.50

Even better, because it's at $2.99 now..

Too late to:

Ride it to the bottom... Yee Haw...

lol! I love humor. Thanks for making a pick though......
119   WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 19, 7:06am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

I did sell half the original investment and will likely sell the rest of the original investment and let it ride with house money. Not life changing money, but thanks for the pick, again. I'm thinking a week here with the money down the road: http://www.jademountain.com
122   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 19, 8:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

Nice pull. I was never a lambos and yachts guy myself, but I’m shopping a nice G90 instead of a G80 after the way things are flying. Up 150% in the core holdings since the August 14th announcement. Absolutely nailed a trade or two in my trading account too.

Kicking myself for not participating in TLRY madness but I was already all in when they started moving. I like my positions FAR better anyway. CVSI is definitely the shadiest of them all, but that shouldn’t matter for a little while. GWPH and Epidiolex might cause some trouble for CBD sellers, even though everyone is cheerleading the Farm Bill with Hemp provisions likelihood of passing
123   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 19, 8:05pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Shit is getting crazy stateside though

New Jersey will announce their adult recreational legalization this week. With the governor pushing for immediate action

I just got a tweet from Governor Cuomo NY:

Andrew Cuomo
@NYGovCuomo
5h
We want to hear from communities across the state as we work to draft legislation on a regulated marijuana program in New York.

Find a listening session near you:

Massachusetts is FINALLY launching their adult rec program

It’s BUBBLE TIME!!
124   TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce   ignore (4)   2018 Sep 19, 9:38pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Does anybody believe a legalized Canadian Market of 35M people - less than California - is worth multiple multi-billion dollar valued corporations for what is a commodity product that requires minimal process and is not well differentiated?
125   Aphroman   ignore (6)   2018 Sep 19, 10:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says

What do you value them at?

Rob Sands, CEO of a 45 billion dollar STZ, sure thought Canopy was worth north of ten billion when he dropped another 4 billion into CGC.

This is a trillion dollar industry in the making. How much should the public companies that comprise said industry be valued at?

« First    « Previous    Comments 86 - 125 of 125    Last »