CBOE considering running for Mayor...

By CBOEtrader following x   2018 Sep 1, 5:13am 658 views   7 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

...of a 2500 person town in east texas.

Notice the winner had just over 200 votes, haha.

Back story: my family has something like 9 generations of history in this town Jefferson. TX. I've been thinking of opening an office here given that insurance is a better sale to working class small town types. After speaking w some locals, they told me the town needs better management as well as more economic activity.

So, casually planning a run for mayor in a few years :) I figure 225 votes cant be hard to get right?
1   bob2356   ignore (3)   2018 Sep 1, 6:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says

I don't know how things are in east tx but when I lived in south tx challenging the mayor or sheriff could be fatal. Very lucrative to be small town mayor of sheriff in south tx and they don't take kindly to losing the gravy train.
2   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (35)   2018 Sep 1, 6:22am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I volunteer to be MINISTER! OF! PROPAGANDA!

I'll beed a few bucks to install a PA bull horn on the roof of town hall, but that's it for administrative expenses.
3   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Sep 1, 6:39am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

bob2356 says

Lucrative? Tell us more

I thought all the small town mayor did was organize the Christmas light festival.
4   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 1, 7:11am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
bob2356 says

Lucrative? Tell us more

Where I live village managers get 250K+ then pension etc. of course they clamor for more taxes to help the children!!
5   d6rB   ignore (1)   2018 Sep 1, 7:11am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says
PA bull horn

How about MG131 - an armed town is a polite town!

CBOEtrader says
Jefferson. TX

Near Caddo Lake?
6   CBOEtrader   ignore (2)   2018 Sep 1, 7:47am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

dr6B says
Near Caddo Lake?

Bingo! Beautiful area w close to zero economic activity. 150 years ago Jefferson was a thriving riverboat town, whose wise leaders rejected competition from those upstart trains. Trains took their business to a small cowtown called Dallas instead. Now Jefferson is less than 3000 people. SMH

lostand confused says

I'm guessing you live in a rich "town" outside of a major economic area. Mayor in Jefferson gets you a discount at the local BBQ buffet, and you get to ride along in the annual Christmas festival.

I'll be changing that to a "Holiday" festival w enforced equal representation of Quanza, Festivus, and Hannukah. I'm sure the locals are PC progressive
7   d6rB   ignore (1)   2018 Sep 1, 8:20am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says

Don't forget "gun-FREE zones", will go over extremely well in that part of world

The Housing Trap