Democrat Strategists Worry Over Kavanaugh Backlash; Want to 'Pivot' After Confirmation Vote

By MockingbirdKiller following x   2018 Oct 4, 4:04pm 311 views   13 comments   watch   sfw   quote     share

With Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court looking more likely, some top strategists in the Democratic Party have begun warning members to quickly move off the nomination after it comes up for a vote.

Accusations that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman in both high school and college have galvanized progressives and led to a growth of online donations to Democratic candidates. But there are growing fears among Democrats that the epicenter of the national political conversation has moved away from more friendly terrain and that Republicans have become mobilized by the Kavanaugh fight in even more dramatic ways.

“The truth is that in nationalized elections—most of which are presidential but some of which can be midterms—if the dominant issue terrain is around the cultural sphere, Democrats lose,” said Kenneth Baer, a former Obama administration official and founder of Crosscut Strategies, LLC. “I cannot think of any election in the postwar period where Democrats have won when that was the case.”

1   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 4, 9:15pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

hahahahahahahahaha
2   Goran_K   ignore (1)   2018 Oct 4, 10:00pm   ↑ like (6)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Too fucking late. There are like a billion YouTube videos of Kamala Harris and FakeStein and Baby Voice that are literally turning moderate dems and indies into GOP voters.

Thanks FakeStein!
3   lostand confused   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 4, 10:29pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Don't forget Hirono the rhino!
4   BayArea   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 4, 10:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wasn’t always a republican!

Feinstein, Jerry Brown, Hillary, Don Lemon, Gavin Newsome, and a host of other jackasses left me no choice.
5   Goran_K   ignore (1)   2018 Oct 4, 10:51pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
I wasn’t always a republican!

Yup. I've never voted GOP before. This November will be the first time for me.
6   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2018 Oct 4, 10:57pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If the GOP hang the BushFucks and Cheney from the nearest lamp post, they can become the party of the righteous!
7   MockingbirdKiller   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 5, 2:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
I wasn’t always a republican!

Yes. The saying goes: "Conservatives are Liberals who were mugged by reality"
9   Patrick   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 5, 5:46pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
I wasn’t always a republican!

Me neither. Kind of sad about it, but feel just like Reagan on this: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party, they left me."
11   Ceffer   ignore (1)   2018 Oct 6, 6:12pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Can't believe that this ever escalating witch hunt mentality affirming the destruction of men by accusation fiat isn't going to drive a lot of men onto the Republican side. Why would you belong to a party that bent on destroying malehood for it's own sake?
12   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 6, 6:27pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
BayArea says
I wasn’t always a republican!

My parents were Democrats and so were my grandparents.

In 1984 my grandfather and grandmother on my moms side switched parties and voted for President Reagan. Keep in mind my grandfather was a factory worker most of his life, and then a union steward employed by the union for his last ten years or so. Of course he also was forced into retirement because after he warned his union repeatedly that if they continued to push their contract demands, the company would relocate overseas(They did and the company did, forcing the retirement).

In my preteens, I idolized Alex Keaton, somewhat to the chagrin of my parents(who were much more "vote for the best person"). I remember political arguments and was really proud of how strong a grasp I had on things at a young age.

Well my parents voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980 and 1984, George Bush in 1988 and 1992, and became registered Republicans shortly thereafter(I was as soon as I hit 18.

You cannot find a bigger supporter of Donald Trump than my parents. Both my parents as well as my brother in laws parents(1st generation immigrants) have pictures of Donald Trump that they received after donating to his campaign, proudly displayed in their living rooms.

Its amazing how stuff turns.
13   mell   ignore (2)   2018 Oct 6, 7:07pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says
Patrick says
BayArea says
I wasn’t always a republican!

My parents were Democrats and so were my grandparents.

Very similar to Salvini's rise in popularity with the people in Italy. Salvini = Italian Trump

The Housing Trap