Once a boom matures...

By HonkpilledMaster following x   2018 Oct 8, 1:25pm 740 views   5 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

... It usually starts spreading to the Small Caps.

Anybody's thoughts?
1   mell   ignore (2)   2018 Oct 8, 3:56pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Honestly I think a bit late for that. I trade mostly those but the market is pretty much forward looking as you can see the big rally due to Trump's excellent MAGA economy. But recently volatility has set back in and the more important benchmark for small caps are rates and if rates keep spiking it won't be pretty for them. I foresee a very volatile 2019 like it already has started and thus you better pick winners if you buy and hold. The big run is over. Of course if rates suddenly would start relaxing again and the VIX dropping etc. and capital from the sidelines would signal it is ready to flush the markets it would bode well, but currently we're looking into the opposite direction. Don't expect a crash either as long as the economy is that great, but probably better of with DOW bellwethers if you want to go safe.
2   HEYYOU   ignore (26)   2018 Oct 8, 6:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Let the market collapse! Just received 5 figures check,last week,not part of the Market ponzi scheme. I know where to place it to receive a multiple increase,I'll see how fast it can turn around.
Mo Money! Mo Money! Mo Money!

I'm sad for those that have been so brainwashed to believe in gambling.
3   clambo   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 9, 7:40am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

In 5 years the Russell 2000 is up about 60%, the Dow is up about 72%, NASDAQ is up about 97%, W5000 (Total Stock Market) is up about 52%.

I don't know what this means but one of my favorite funds over the long term is a fund with "small cap value" as the investing style. If I have any "new money" I will feed some more to that one.

It's interesting that if I want to know my financial net worth I just look at the Wilshire 5000 index that day; if it went up 1% that day I can closely guess how much my accounts rose.

Either way you can do a lot worse than buy stock mutual funds, particularly index funds which now have almost 0% fees, it's amazing.
4   clambo   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 11, 7:15am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Apple was going to go up regardless of which president but AAPL shares went up faster because of Trump; he cut the tax on money they kept overseas.
5   OccasionalCortex   ignore (3)   2018 Oct 11, 10:36am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Notice how stories like this are proliferating in the last month stretch of the upcoming mid-term elections?