Where did all the garbage start happening

By CovfefeButDeadly following x   2018 Nov 9, 9:48pm 847 views   6 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

Caught this on you tube. Rickles doesn't swear once. He praises the Democrat(I don't know about at the time of this roast, but Rickles was a Republican towards the end of his life for sure). He says Reagan would have done the same.

I was too young for sure, but I do know that the media crucified Reagan. I've read some of the articles. To the best of my knowledge, they didn't do that to Carter or Ford, but I was really too young at that time. My dad was a Democrat at that time, and thought Carter was an honest man, but also had some choice words about him.

The press most certainly should have gone after Johnson. What a disaster for this nation. The handling of the Vietnam war was an abomination, and the Great Society programs left permanent multi generational cripples. I suspect they did not. I suspect Nixon was a tipping point, but I don't know for sure.

I do know the media/entertainment industry also went after George HW Bush pretty hard, and the right lit into Dukakis unfairly, painting him as out of touch, and then Bill Clinton fiercely, when he probably didn't deserve it(and worst of all his major failings...NAFTA, the war in Kosovo, and failing to stop Bin Laden went mostly without criticism by the main stream).

Now its just a joke. None of the cable news run everything newsworthy and no one presents it fairly, not even CBS, ABC, NBC. Certainly not the NYT or WaPo. Its so clear that CNN is non stop propaganda, yet there are still lefties that claim its a fair presentation of the news. I've found my best resources to be CSPAN, USA Today, and compilation sites like Drudge and Real Clear Politics. It stinks that outside the local news, I cant turn on the tv and get something resembling reports by journalists.

So maybe some of the older posters can share when the major media outlets moved from center to center left and now simply to presentation that willfully ignores important stories, and presents half truths as solid provable fact.
1   komputodo   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 10, 6:28am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I can remember in the 60's, my father telling me that the govt. keeps many secrets from the population to avoid from panicking them. This was common "wisdom" back then and accepted.
2   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2018 Nov 10, 7:53am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Everything past Bush Sr was by design. He started the Establishment Globalist that we are battling today.
He pretty much hijacked Reagan's presidency toward the last 2 years, and injected a lot of the shit that we see now.
When the shit hit the fan poor brain dead Ronny said I don't remember, and Olie North took the wrap for much of it.
When Bush Sr got elected he had a drug running network that would finance dark government causes that didn't need a budget or senate vote for.

That's how we ended up with a Hillary Clinton that could assassinate the leader of a sovereign country and brag and laugh about it on TV.

Bush, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama were all part of the same Establishment Globalist club and benefited from the Deep state that HW built.

When you have retired State Dept, CIA, and DOJ workers all taking a swat at Trump for trying to clean out the visible corruption.
These are people worried their part of the crimes might come to light.

We did see a 90 year old Bush SR. Walk to the RNC to plea to stop Trump to uncover his crimes while destroying his legacy.
He had better things to do that day I'm sure like change his depends.
3   P N Dr Lo R   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 10, 8:40am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says
The press most certainly should have gone after Johnson.
Up until the Vietnam era, the press was squarely on the side of the US, had been that way since World War II and before. Also, personal shenanigans like Kennedy's flings that would kill a politician today were hushed up.

CovfefeButDeadly says
When someone rhapsodizes about the Great Society, I remind them that the same impulses that animated its programs were the same ones that brought about our involvement in Vietnam; it's no coincidence they happened simultaneously. Back then there was the idea that you could solve any problem of human existence by funding and staffing a federal government program. Same as in Vietnam, if you could just get enough boots on the ground you could conquer any enemy, especially one stuck in the Stone Age. Ten years later, both were a disaster with the country in 1975 in the third year of the worst recession since World War II including double digit inflation and unemployment at the same time, and defeat in Vietnam when half a million men couldn't defeat the enemy because of micro-management from Washington and no real plan for victory. It was really the beginning of the huge divide that exists to this day.
4   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 10, 10:44am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says

I've asked some oldsters this question and the average response is virtually all of the media (major) were leftists historically but that the public didn't realize it at the time. It was only recently when FOX among others came to be that it became so obvious. So your assumption about them ever being in the center is probably wrong. They moved from left to far left.

"What used to be and is missing now (might still exist in Canada) was true investigative reporting" - another oldster quote, Canada comment from me

Woodrow Wilson and the fucking progs started this shit over 100 years ago.
5   HEYYOU   ignore (26)   2018 Nov 10, 12:22pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says

Did you forget-
FOX,Gateway pundit,breitbart?
My bad! They aren't news sites. They are Right wing propaganda.
I've not wanted to take the time to research how many times they said Iraq has WMD(" presents half truths as solid provable fact.) & not disputed it.

One can read the Republican fear of Mueller in comments.
..........
Want to stop liars? Cut out a few tongues. Wouldn't that be a deterrent?
I'm no hypocrite! My wife & I lied to our son about Santa Clause,Tooth Fairy,Easter Bunny.
A LIAR knows other liars.
I calling out all you LIARS. It's not the size of YOUR lies it how you trash lie to YOUR children.

I want to congratulate HEYYOU for making fools of all adults who lie to their loved ones.
Watch them STFU! They only have one excuse,they are LIARS.
Talk to your mirror maybe it will believe your lies.
6   FortWayneIndiana   ignore (3)   2018 Nov 10, 12:43pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Don Rickles was a king of insults. People thought it was funny. If you were a celebrity you wanted him to insult you.
Reagan hired him for several performances.

I wonder if young kids were to see that today, they'd not realize that Reagan and Rickles are friends. Context isn't obvious.