If you think Realtor's are bad, wait until you meet a Mortgage Broker

By MAGA following x   2019 Mar 2, 7:28pm 993 views   11 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

Today I attended a class (?) on VA Loans. It was put on by a mortgage broker who does nothing but VA Loans. As such, their focus is only on veterans and active military.

The class started with a prayer in front of the attendees by the mortgage broker. I'm serious, a prayer! I think the prayer was something about people receiving the education presented by the broker. Amazing.

The back of the room was lined with loan officers and Realtors. We were a captive audience to say the least.

When I did not drink the kool-aid that the mortgage broker was giving out, he thanked me for renting and paying for the mortgages on his properties. He said that it will be a blessing for his kids. Say what???

Later today, I got a message from this mortgage broker where he told me that I insulted on of his loan officers by not working with her preferred Realtor. Really!

It got so bizarre that I just had to leave early. It certainly was educational. I think the mortgage broker has a mental disorder.

1   AD   ignore (0)   2019 Mar 2, 8:06pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Its got almost an Amway and/or Scientology atmosphere to it.
2   CBOEtrader   ignore (5)   2019 Mar 2, 8:59pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's all a marketing campaign. In the future this will be an on demand webinar. By then at least the good scammers will be the only ones left.
3   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2019 Mar 2, 10:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

When I bought my house in 2010 my Title Attorney told me. My Mortgage was an anomaly never refi and pay it off.
I got it at the time the Obama Administration was putting on a show and Obama and Elizabeth Warren were having a big Dick Contest with Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd on who could make the most sweat heart Mortgage deal. I hit the sweet Spot. The rules for the Good Faith Estimate changed every day. I lucked out with the terms and deal I got. I can tell you a Mortgage Terms or experience is not like I manged to get in 2010.

I bought in 2010 and paid on a 30 year Mortage normal payments. But in 2015 I decided to pay an extra 2K a month. Now I'll be paid off next year. No fees or fines for early payments.
Also my MIP wasn't as brutal as it is now. I paid that off in 2 years.
5   AD   ignore (0)   2019 Mar 3, 10:36am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says

I was wondering about this for someone who has a 3% mortgage (secured in July 2016) with the Veterans Administration for 30 years. They have a SEPP with their IRA as they are 49 years old. About $400,000 in IRA in a target retirement income fund (5% avg annual return), and they withdraw about 3.6% annually. They may change the IRA from the target retirement income fund (30% stock, 70% bonds) to a conservative growth fund (40% stocks, 60% bonds).

6   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2019 Mar 3, 10:54am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

He does a lot of stuff to help veterans. My guess is it's related to that.
7   MAGA   ignore (1)   2019 Mar 3, 3:14pm   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says
He does a lot of stuff to help veterans. My guess is it's related to that.

Correct.
8   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2019 Mar 3, 7:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Good man...

Creepy guy at the Home Depot started following me around today as I looked for some citrus fertilizer, pesticide and a small bag of mulch (I have dwarfs in pots). Said he was 'the solar panel guy' but had the equivalent of a 'clip board' (smart tablet) making him seem somewhat official even though he had a blue shirt.

Couldn't find was I was looking for on his tablet.

As I walked off he said, "Hey have you considered solar?" I said, "Nope, I rent a condo".

He moved on to some lady in the gardening department. Acting like he's 'helping' people but just trying to sell solar panels. Wasted about 4mins of my time which as annoying because I needed to head home to take a piss.
9   anonymous   ignore (null)   2019 Mar 7, 12:25pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The battle for the broker - Is there a resolution that works for everyone?

At the start of the new year, Black Diamond Mortgage Owner David Boye received an email from an account executive representing one of the nation’s largest lenders asking for a second chance.

“We are a completely different company from when you used us back in 2016 and we would love to show you,” the account executive said. “I understand you have a few lenders that you use. I am simply asking, what do you need from me…to get back in the fight with where you are placing loans?”

Boye’s response was swift and clear: “I wish you the best, there is no chance that we will ever do business together. NONE.”

Long Read: Two Pages

10   Booger   ignore (3)   2019 Mar 7, 3:06pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says

Home Depot has bathrooms.
11   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2019 Mar 7, 3:29pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says
(I have dwarfs in pots).

Better take them out of those pots, Dorothy is going to be really pissed.

Booger says
just_dregalicious says

Home Depot has bathrooms.