Rocker Alice Cooper, still shocking us at 71, describes death pact with wife

By WillPowers following x   2019 Jul 3, 9:18pm 276 views   7 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

Alice Cooper, one of the original shock rockers, at the age of 71 still has a surprise or two in the works. He told the Sunday Mirror during an interview for an article published Sunday that he and his wife have a death pact.

“We’ve made a pact – there is no way of surviving without each other,” he told the Mirror. “I couldn’t live without her. We always said there will never be a time when one of us will be mourning the other. Whenever it does happen, we are going to go together. I’ve been married 43 years to the greatest girl in the world. We have never cheated on each other.”

His wife, Sheryl Goddard is now 61. She was a dancer in his show starting in 1975, and they married in 1976 before raising three children.

The performer is not planning on departing the earthly plane anytime soon. In the interview with the Mirror, he referenced his mother who is 96, saying, “She’s indestructible. It must be in the genes. I’m 71 and weigh the same I did when I was 30. I’ve got that body that doesn’t get exhausted. I don’t smoke. I haven’t had a drink for 37 years. I’m the only one in the band that doesn’t get sick. I cut out sugar and I drink a lot of Diet Cokes. Maybe they are keeping me well. And the two-hour stage show is your aerobic,” he explained.
1   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2019 Jul 3, 10:46pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Alice is a cool dude. Not sure he is serious about the pact. This was not that long ago and the guy can still entertain, taking a Lady Gaga homo anthem and making it his own. Doesn’t hurt having a guitarist as amazing as Orianthi:

2   Ceffer   ignore (2)   2019 Jul 3, 11:16pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WillPowers says
We have never cheated on each other

Yeah, that's what all the hubbies say in public, heh, heh! Otherwise, what a waste of all those front row pubescent groupies throwing their sopping wet panties at the stage.

Maybe Alice and wife can go out with a "His 'n Hers" Grand Guignol guillotine. "Hey, honey, on the count of three, we'll both pull the rope. The audience will love it!"
3   WookieMan   ignore (3)   2019 Jul 4, 4:44am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WillPowers says

WillPowers says
1976 before raising three children.

That's actually pretty selfish. He's likely a grandfather now. If you're in good health it's pretty stupid to kill yourself. I like his music, but this "death pact" is pure retardation.
4   CBOEtrader   ignore (5)   2019 Jul 4, 4:59am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says

100%. He's also older and women tend to live longer. Who does he think will be killing herself?
5   WookieMan   ignore (3)   2019 Jul 4, 5:09am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
Who does he think will be killing herself?

That is a good question. There's also the fact that when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road, making the choice to stop living ain't as cut and dry as some "pact."

Having dealt with suicide before, I also don't like the fact that it gives it some validity. Mental health and suicide is not something to be taken lightly. And a celebrity suggesting it isn't cool. How about you celebrate your spouse when they pass instead of mourning?
6   Quigley   ignore (0)   2019 Jul 4, 6:55am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Having to tell your children and grandkids that they’ll be losing both of their parents and grandparents at once wouldn’t be an easy conversation. You stick around for family.
7   WillPowers   ignore (0)   2019 Jul 4, 1:24pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says
The audience will love it!"

Can you believe this guy still performs at age 71? Can you imagine him still signing, "Schools Out for Summer"