Mom who lost her son to an illegal drunk driver gets booed

By Patrick follow Patrick   2019 Sep 10, 9:23pm 234 views   9 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

A mom who loses a child should always be afforded respect.

But that courtesy wasn’t extended to Maureen Maloney, whose son was killed in 2011 by an illegal immigrant driving drunk.

Maloney prayed to her son for strength Wednesday as she drove to the State House to testify against a controversial bill that would give illegal immigrants driver’s licenses.

“I was just asking him to guide me with my testimony and help me to not have anger in my heart towards the other side,” said Maloney, whose son, Matthew Denice, was dragged to death. “Just do some work through me, use me to try to save other lives.”

At the start of her testimony, Maloney held up a photo of Matthew and recalled how he was killed by an illegal immigrant drunk behind the wheel. About halfway into her 3 minutes of testimony, a man behind Maloney booed the grieving mother.

“It just made me more determined,” said Maloney, who called the heckling disrespectful.

Maloney said she didn’t respond to the heckler and kept speaking.

“I don’t want other people to lose their lives like Matthew did,” Maloney said. “I don’t want other families to go through the heartache that my family deals with. And that’s where I get the strength and the stamina to keep doing this.”

Nicolas Dutan Guaman struck Denice, who was on a motorcycle, with his pickup truck on Aug. 20, 2011. Denice, 23, became trapped underneath the truck and was dragged for a quarter mile in Milford as witnesses screamed for Guaman to stop.

Guaman was sentenced to 12 to 14 years after a judge found him guilty of manslaughter by motor vehicle and motor vehicle homicide while driving drunk.

Wednesday’s hearing was packed with mostly supporters of the bill, Maloney said, and illegal immigrants testified in favor of it.

“Going to hearings like this, talking about it, opens up the wounds and it’s painful,” Maloney said. “And hearing them talk about their fear of separation and I’m sitting there thinking, ‘I have been permanently separated. This is the ultimate permanent separation.’ They’re afraid they’ll be deported but they can take their kids with them or their kids can go visit them. I don’t have that option.”

A few years ago, Maloney spoke out against a similar proposal, and a senator had given her his additional three minutes to testify. When Maloney went over the three minutes, she said people in the audience began booing and hollering that her time was up.

“You get used to it over time,” Maloney said.

No matter what side of the debate you’re on, a parent who has lost a child should never be booed. These families deserve respect.
1   SunnyvaleCA   ignore (0)   2019 Sep 10, 9:43pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I guess someone's agenda is too important to be overridden by a weeping mother.

Agenda for giving driving licenses to illegals:
• makes USA more hospitable and thus a more attractive beacon
• facilitates voting illegally
• facilitates blending into society and thus not be deported
2   Patrick   ignore (0)   2019 Sep 10, 10:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Good points. One more: business owners really like to have illegals who can drive. They can drive to work, and they can drive for work, delivering pizzas, trucking, whatever.

It's only the rest of us that get fucked over by business that hire illegals: lower wages, super-violent gangs, and dead children like the son of the mother in the OP.
3   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2019 Sep 11, 7:45am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

There is no honest reason to give an illegal a drivers license.
4   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2019 Sep 11, 8:39am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My Brother in Law self deported after Obama came in office and the State of Florida did away with DL for illegals.
He self deported in 2010, after 2 years of the policy proving effective.

I would trade Louis for 1,000 American loathing illegals. Louis had more American flags than anyone I knew.
He made damn sure we always celebrated American holidays in a patriotic fashion.
5   WineHorror1   ignore (1)   2019 Sep 11, 8:55am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

There is only 1 agenda...1 world government. Once you understand that, everything that's happening makes sense.
6   Fortwaynemobile   ignore (2)   2019 Sep 11, 9:01am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Liberals utterly hate America.
7   HEYYOU   ignore (33)   2019 Sep 11, 10:47am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"Maloney prayed to her son for strength.."
Burn in Hell! Blasphemer!

So when are Rep/Cons going to deport 20,000,000 illegals?
How many Americans have been killed by white,drunk driving Republicans?

Great Trumpster response: Her son was going to die anyway!
8   clambo   ignore (5)   2019 Sep 11, 6:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I feel sorry for that mother; some idiot added insult to injury.

I have maybe a unique perspective on the issue of illegal aliens; I lived and worked in Mexico for a while before living in California since the early 1980's.

I've returned over the decades and I'm bilingual, and know people at all levels of society down there and I also know a bunch of illegals in N. California.

The average Mexican doesn't think like the average American and doesn't share our values; they also were taught from an early age to blame the USA for their poverty.

Arcane rules in Mexico are difficult to comply with, and Mexicans largely disobey them. Maybe since they were a conquered people and see the rules and laws as being created by foreigners, the rich, they hate rules.

My friends in Mexico are constantly frustrated by the lying, cheating, violence, ignorance, machismo, drunken and irresponsible behavior which is all too common.

i recall being afraid to drive anywhere on a Saturday night after dark since I saw so many drunks weaving around on the road. I know several people whose father died from an accident while drunk; one fell face down in a shallow stream and drowned, another drove off the road to his death.

The concept of child support is completely alien to a Mexican; my friend had to raise his daughter's child because the father gave her nothing (she wasn't too bright to be a single mother either). I know of multiple cases of single mothers in Mexico who never get any financial support from the biological father.

A very old friend of mine was a fun guy who traveled around for his work; once in a remote little town he introduced me to a nice young man; "this is my son!" I had never heard him mentioned, ever. Later, his nephew said to me "Nobody knows how many children my uncle has around Baja Sur."

I have a female friend in N. California who was American for some reason with a fetish and married a Mexican guy. He's 1. illegal 2. has a landscaping business 3. employs more illegals 4. never files/pays no tax 5. kidnapped their young son and was stopped at San Isidro 6. pays zero for his child to eat or have clothes 7. sends thousands of $ to Mexico 8. has a girlfriend and she's pregnant. 9. has been arrested for domestic abuse.

If you are dealing with a Mexican, you should assume he is attempting to get over on you; this is what all Mexicans know and appreciate but Americans tend to be naive.
9   jazz_music   ignore (12)   2019 Sep 12, 1:34pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
business that hire illegals
What stops the laws against HIRING the illegals from being enforced??? --they are Kock brothers, that's what stops the law from being enforced. They live under a whole set of rules that they make for themselves.

Those 600+ illegals in Mississippi apprehended and detained not because they were illegals, but because they were organizing and they were awarded employer abuse penalties too.

The owner, however, is richer by the hour.

Must the law exist only to beat us down?

BTW This is from a fact-checking site, not covered in news reports on TV, huh? Typical. --keep 'em dumb as fuck.

Fucking axis of evil.