new post
register or log in

#investing   #housing   #politics   #humor
10,723 registered users, 9 online now: BayArea, Ceffer, Ironman, Jimbo in SF, lostand confused, marcus, tr6, YesYNot, zzyzzx

When Is The Funeral?

By Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 8:05am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (5)   902 views   33 comments   watch (0)   share   quote

Comments 1-33 of 33     Last »

1   Patrick (184/184 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 8:07am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Not dead yet!

2   BayArea (16/16 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 8:09am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

What is all this free speech talk lately? Did I miss something?

Patrick are you getting some sort of pushback regarding FS that may be outside of your control?

3   Patrick (184/184 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 8:13am  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

No more pushback since I fought off the bogus DMCA takedown.

Ironman is objecting to the "ad hominem" link by each comment, which sends the comment into moderation, where if I find it was simply a personal insult, I delete it.

I know personal insults are fun, but they were drowning out real conversation.

4   Tenpoundbass (69/69 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 8:29am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Twitter has shaddow banned Pro Trump comments so that only people bitching at him and calling for his murder gets shown on his profile.
Then they even throttle who sees Trump's Tweets, so the people Trump intended to see his Tweets don't but the people who hate him does.

Trump should announce he's going on Gab platform. Then when he comes and the 100's of millions of people follow, then Twitter goes to shit.
Gab should then start doing the dark Orwellian dictation of the narrative and censoring everything the Liberal agenda tries to put out.
Then and only then would Liberals be calling for the bullshit they are doing right now to be illegal punishable by firing squad. They would go nuts if Gab suppressed all of Trumps critics on Gab and out right banned Liberal posters for life. While allowing any rightwing speech 100% open without question.

Come on Trump ditch Twitter and get on GAB let's light this puppy!

5   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 8:38am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Patrick says

Not dead yet!

With "selective" moderation??? Are you kidding me?

Take The "Free Speech Forum" banner and header down, it's NOT accurate.

6   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 8:38am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Patrick says

objecting

No, you gave in to a few Special Snowflakes, the minority, who always had "ignore" as an option, but chose to whine and complain anyway.

Just change the banner to "Moderated Speech Forum", or "We Cater To Special Snowflakes ", then it will be more accurate.

7   iwog (87/87 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 9:09am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

You can say whatever you like and make everyone immune from moderation. Maybe you missed that part.

What you're looking for is the right to shit all over a thread someone else produces. Patrick decided he doesn't want you to have that right.

8   iwog (87/87 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 9:11am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Okay so what's clear now is CIC is simply flagging everything as ad hominem.

Maybe three bad flags and you lose your power to flag for a week?

9   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 9:18am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

iwog says

flagging

You know who you can go cry to about that. Do you have him on speed dial?

10   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 9:23am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

iwog says

Maybe three bad flags and you lose your power

Would YOU like to be nominated as Judge, Jury and Executioner?

11   iwog (87/87 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 9:36am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

Would YOU like to be nominated as Judge, Jury and Executioner?

Yes. Yes I would!

12   BayArea (16/16 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 12:02pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Thanks Patrick,

So if I understand, you will be personally moderating personal attacks on Patnet?

13   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 1:20pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

BayArea says

So if I understand, you will be personally SELECTIVELY moderating personal attacks on Patnet?

There, now it's more accurate.

14   Patrick (184/184 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 1:23pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

BayArea says

Thanks Patrick,

Yes. Not that happy about it because of the edge cases, but I think it has to be done. Hope to eventually delegate it to willing moderators that have a history of impartiality.

Ironman says

Please point out personal attacks for me to delete. I don't have the system entirely down yet, and someone completely spammed it this morning. Use the ad hominem link. I limited it to 3 outstanding at any one time per reporting user to prevent a similar spamming of it.

15   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 1:30pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Patrick says

Please point out personal attacks for me to delete.

The problem is, what one person calls a personal attack might not be by a different person. Obviously, you will decide, based on your personal opinion of that poster, if it is or if it isn't.

Bottom line, you have to decide, will it be a "Free Speech" forum or a "Moderated Forum". You can't have it both ways. Either can posters here. If they come to a "Free Speech" forum, then they have to put their Big Girl panties on and deal with. To whine and cry, because their feelings are hurt is a joke, and you catering to the crybabies is even worse.

It's YOUR site, so you can do what you want, just call it ACCURATELY what it is, so all visitors know accordingly.

16   Patrick (184/184 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 1:53pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

There are some cases like that, but mostly I think they are pretty clear:

"You are a goat fucker" is definitely a personal attack and not directed toward the argument.
"That argument is stupid, because..." is probably not a personal attack, because it's about the argument and gives a reason.

17   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 2:49pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Patrick says

There are some arguments here, besides posting an opposing viewpoint, that a "personal attack", like pointing out how idiotic that comment was, is warranted. Some people need a "smack against the head" as a wake up call to get them out of their delusions.

Once again, it comes down to the site being a "Free Speech Forum". Posters have to understand, they enter at their own risk, and mommy WON'T be here to protect them. There are TONS of other "protected" forums they can go to if they need their dicks held.

18   iwog (87/87 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 2:51pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Irony overload.

Ironman says

Piggy, I thought we established that you can say whatever you want and create a thread about whatever you want. How is this not free speech? Because you can't force people to listen to you?

19   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 3:04pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

iwog says

How is this not free speech?

You're too much of a little child to understand adult conversations and should consider staying on topics you know something about.

Go here instead:

20   iwog (87/87 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 3:09pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

That's nice and everything and pure ad hominem but you didn't answer my question.

You can post anything you want and create any thread you want. You are completely unrestricted.

Doesn't the fact you are still having a fit mean that you are demanding to be heard instead of demanding free speech? These are two very different things.

21   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 15, 3:34pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

iwog says

You can post anything you want... You are completely unrestricted.

It's very apparent, you haven't been paying attention the last day or two.

Why am I not surprised.

22   iwog (87/87 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 3:39pm  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

It's very apparent, you haven't been paying attention the last day or two.

No, see you're getting it wrong again.

You have the right to speak. You do not have the right to be heard. You have the right to post whatever you want. You do not have the right to destroy other people's threads. The freedom of speech is not at stake here. Your ability to cause vandalism is at stake however which is why you're complaining so hard.

23   landtof (18/18 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 9:57pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

When Is The Funeral?

yep, it's dead.

24   Rew (76/76 = 100% civil)   Feb 15, 11:59pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

You have a civility score of 100% Ironman! Try and keep it. You can do it!

25   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 16, 7:43am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Rew says

You have a civility score of 100% Ironman!

Ask me if I care..

Is that some type of "Special Snowflake" award, since this site has been taken over by them?

Do I get a Trophy for participation?

26   PCGyver (61/61 = 100% civil)   Feb 16, 7:47am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

Apparently, yes you are a special snowflake.

27   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 16, 7:57am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

PCGyver says

Apparently, yes you are a special snowflake.

Really???

I've been the one crying and whining for bans, time outs, blocks, terminations, better ignore function, etc. of certain posters here?? Please link a post of mine.

"Civility Scores" WTF... is this First Grade and we get Gold Stars for eating all our cookies??

28   PCGyver (61/61 = 100% civil)   Feb 16, 7:58am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Ironman says

is this First Grade and we get Gold Stars for eating all our cookies??

You just don't get it ... You get a gold star if you share your cookies.

Is that why Iwog calls you piggy? Cause you eat all your cookies instead of Sharing?

29   Rew (76/76 = 100% civil)   Feb 16, 9:04am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

You can still make a Thunderdome post and flop around in whatever slop you choose there. Calls to remove the free speech banner, or that "free speech" is dead here, I find pretty laughable.

Ask me if I care..

How much you preserve your score will tell me exactly how much you care.

30   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 16, 9:56am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (3)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Rew says

How much you preserve your score will tell me exactly how much you care.

Do you really think for a millisecond it matters to me what YOU think or that your opinion matters for anything?

31   Rew (76/76 = 100% civil)   Feb 16, 12:33pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Very much so.
Doesn't the fact that you just dinged your civility score, in the face of my challenge, kind of prove the point?

In my opinion, I believe you have a preoccupation with approval. Here on Pnet that has manifested in measuring likes/dislikes/ignores and also being very adversarial with those that not only just don't share your opinion, but that you can tell sway opinion, and ARE valued on PNet. That's just pure observation over the past year+.

What else explains a thread like this, and your reaction to the ad-hom' button? I interpret that as you feeling threatened in a way that does matter to you. Why else post like this?

I am actually a little sorry you get picked on so much. It's not really constructive or beneficial to anyone dishing or taking. (Rew's libby care bear side)

Before I decided to ignore you, I felt there were little glimmers/sparks of reasonable argument in you, but eventually I decided that rational debate with you was a fools errand. It just continued to descend into the abyss. I was happy to have the forums returned to a more balanced state of article and opinion too. So, I gave up on saving the "Darth Vader" of Pnet. (My favorite villain!)

;) Notice you are off ignore now. I'm so curious where you go from here. (eating popcorn) You can continue as you are, no change, or you could decide to give a more civil tone a chance. I don't really think there are high odds of that ... but ... #hope

32   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 16, 1:00pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

(damn comment limit)

Rew says

Sorry, you had issues that I wouldn't fold to your point of view on Global Warming and other libbie false narrative, so your only option was to hide behind ignore. Like I said above, if you're not adult enough to be able to tolerate opposing views, maybe you don't belong here and should go over to Democratic Underground, where every one sits around and has "circle jerks" for the Trump scandal of the day.

Rew says

You just made my point. To you, the whole forum needs to be in the same "group speak". Really?? You expect that from a "Free Speech Forum"?

Rew says

Don't be, I'm a straight shooter, anyone who knows me knows they aren't going to get the "sugar coated" version from me. Once again, if they (or you) can't handle the flat out truth, that's their (your) problem, not mine.

Rew says

;) Notice you are off ignore now.

Why would you post that?? Is that suppose to impress me or something, like I should be graced with your presence?? Should that make me feel "special", like you're some GOD here? Why would you think anyone would care if you put them on ignore,or not?

33   Ironman (125/133 = 93% civil)   Feb 16, 1:01pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share

Well, I was right, just run around hitting "ad-hom"...

amazing...

..or "dislike".... knock yourself out.

Comments 1-33 of 33     Last »

Watch comments by email

home   top   users   about   contact
housing crash   thunderdome   sexy pix   site suggestions
best comments   ad hominem comment jail   patrick.net on twitter   random post
please recommend patrick.net to your friends