forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
744,260 comments in 76,451 posts by 10,962 registered users, 2 online now: errc, sagacious1

new post

Why are U.S. citizens ignoring the 6% gain on GDP, by not nationalizing health care?

By Greatest I am   Jun 19, 12:30pm   276 views   13 comments   watch (2)   quote

Statistics show that the average U.S. citizen pays considerably more for their, --- bankruptcy creating inhumane medical system, --- than other countries who have nationalized health care. The gain in GDP is around 3%.

It follows economies of scale gains are likely to be about 3%. If a penny saved is a penny earned, I am justified in saying that there would be a 6% saving to the average U.S. citizen.

Why are Americans wasting such a huge amount of gains, when going single payer could bring such a huge gain to each American?

I ask all my Yankee friends; what the hell? Recognize that single payer, pays great dividends.

Regards
DL

Comments 1-13 of 13     Last »

1   curious2   894/894 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 12:48pm  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote

Polls showed majority support for that in 2008, but the idea got hijacked by Democrats in 2010 and we ended up with Obamneycare. Since then, other studies have shown that single payer systems do not reduce baseline spending; rather, they reduce the growth rate. Also, we do have a single payer system in Medicare, and it has become part of the problem. Prior to Medicare and Medicaid, American spending looked like other similar countries. We end up with legislation written and manipulated by the revenue recipients, for the purpose of maximizing revenue, and it operates as designed.

Some other countries adopted better systems at times of national cohesion and idealism, e.g. Britain after WWII. More recently, Obamneycare's huge geyser of power (including in the form of revenue) has inspired privatization schemes even in Britain, where parts of the NHS are reportedly being privatized and sold off. I suspect also that Britain's decision to import Islam, which is inherently divisive, might have reduced cohesion. So, the question becomes, how long will it take until they become fragmented too.

2   Greatest I am   41/41 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 1:22pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Neither left or right in the U.S. pushed hard enough for a single payer system.

Obama was too weak of a leader and should have closed the government before allowing single payer to not be implemented.

You will have to have another look at the stats my friend. I did not pull 6 % out of my asmagination.

I agree with your last and think that the West is about fed up with the Muslim ideology of insidious insurgency, and really, given the small numbers of fighters, we can annihilate then relatively quickly.

They are basically just a few bunches of hooligans whom we have given respect to because we fear to insult an insulting religion like Islam.

May they rot in hell, whenever we decide to unleash hell on them.

Regards
DL

3   curious2   894/894 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 1:29pm  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Greatest I am says

You will have to have another look at the stats my friend.

I have looked, many times, over years. Here is a link to what I referenced above (I update comments with links after posting):

Oregon's Medicaid expansion experiment was also a single payer for the eligible population, though admittedly not the entire population.

Single payer, universal healthcare, NHS: different terms for related but somewhat different concepts. Even in Britain, a substantial percentage of medical care is actually self-pay, not NHS.

Also, GDP measures spending, not wealth. If America reduces medical spending, then GDP would likely fall. One of the accurate promises made on behalf of Obamneycare was that it "creates jobs," mainly in advertising and butchering and poisoning people. Those "jobs" don't create wealth, but spending money on them does increase GDP.

4   P N Dr Lo R   360/361 = 99% civil   Jun 19, 1:33pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

curious2 says

Can't imagine that, can you?

5   curious2   894/894 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 1:34pm  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

P N Dr Lo R says

curious2 says

Can't imagine that, can you?

LOL, I wish that I could only imagine it, instead of actually seeing it.

6   Greatest I am   41/41 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 2:25pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

To anyone.

How does the quote function get activated?

Regards
DL

7   curious2   894/894 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 2:31pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Greatest I am says

How does the quote function get activated?

1) Select the text you want to quote;
2) click "quote".

8   Greatest I am   41/41 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 2:32pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

curious2

No argument that what we have in not perfect, but overall, the benefits of that huge 6% differential can be used to make it so.

The government must show reverence for all of the souls it represents. All must be given equal value.

The present U.S. system takes lives. It does not give lives. I gives bankruptcy be a player in medical issues, where it should have no place, as it kicks people when they are down and I do not see that as the Yankee way.

Regards
DL

9   Greatest I am   41/41 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 2:39pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

curious2

That method is not working for me, although it does elsewhere.

Regards
DL

10   curious2   894/894 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 2:41pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Greatest I am says

That method is not working for me, although it does elsewhere.

Your browser might be blocking scripts. If using NoScript, click Options, allow Patrick.net.

11   Greatest I am   41/41 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 2:43pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

P N Dr Lo R

Islam and it's ideology of insidious insurgency is deep within many E. U states.

For those who have ears.

Regards
DL

12   HEY YOU   837/837 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 6:03pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Trump will make American Healthcare Great Again.
Republican are keeping the plan under wraps.
They don't want to spoil the surprise.

13   APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE   1161/1161 = 100% civil   Jun 19, 6:08pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

People in the states like the idea of poor people and people darker than them dying in senseless agony. The 6% they lose out on is the cost of killing the darkies they would like to shoot but aren't allowed to because of the criminally imposed 13th Amendment. They can't shoot them but they would just as soon not pay for them to live.

Comments 1-13 of 13     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home