Please log in to view images

MrBark's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 68 - 107 of 107    Last »

MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 27, 2:56pm     ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Boom, ha. More like Ka-boom before the end of Trump's term. I'm glad he's owning this economy, so when it comes crashing down he can take full blame. Can't wait until he tried to blame Hillary or Obama for it. Our economy is fake, 2008 was just a warm up for the real crash.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 31, 12:16pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Ceffer says
Whoda thought.

MJ will be probably go back to being illegal publishable by death penalty before the end of our life time.
The leading calls will come from the first states that voted for it. Not the Bible Belt Preachers.

When the Medical benefits are gone because the scammers dropped that pretense. They wont be able to defend the accidental death and destruction caused by Stone Millennials who are total fuck ups when they are sober. Much less stoned.

Wait until the Governor of one of these States Child get's T-Boned by a Stoned Driver and kills his only Son.

Reefer Madness! All stoners are FUCKING BRAINDEAD LOSER FUCKUPS out to KILL everyone!

Totally makes sense.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 7, 10:53am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The more weed I smoke, the more money I make. I'll keep on this path.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 7, 11:11am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hassan_Rouhani says
Bad news for people smoking the shit to get high:

"Data from the current investigation provide preliminary evidence that after 3 months of treatment, MMJ users did not experience executive functioning deficits, which are often observed in regular, recreational MJ users."

MMJ is low THC, high CBD. Recreational MJ, on the other hand, is high THC. So it appears that if the shit is consumed for recreation a.k.a getting high it will lead to "executive functioning deficit" a.k.a getting dumber. The "fun" ingridient is the one frying the brain. The "boring" one is basically a painkiller and of course not feeling pain would bring ones cognitive function back to pre-pain level (the mention this in the article).

Super fucking laughable. There is no difference between THC levels of medical and recreational cannabis. Where do you get your "facts" from?
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 11:39am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

OP needs to learn what a Ponzi scheme is.

NuttBoxer says
...but what else do you call a company that is largely supported by government programs...

Lockheed Martin
Honeywell
GE
US Postal Service
American farmers
Pharmaceuticals

NuttBoxer says
and requires you to pay up front for a car you may never get?

Who paid in-full for a vehicle that they did not receive? Name one person.

Elon is kicking ass and taking names, delivering on the vast majority of his promises. Salty haters gonna hate.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 11:42am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If you think Musk is going to prison or any of those lawsuits have any legs, you're delusional.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 11:47am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

AntiOcasioCortez says
MrBark says
Who paid in-full for a vehicle that they did not receive? Name one person.

Everywhere on the Internet there are Musk Fluffers who just keep OD'ing on the Kool Aid...and then respond like you are doing.

It's now a de-facto crime to call out Tesla/Musk for their VERY REAL BS as far as the Musk Cult Fluffers are concerned.

Oh my! This means I can't post this:

Bumper Falls Off Brand New Tesla Model 3 After 30 Minutes and Some Rain

There is little BS happening at Tesla. Just very delusional conspiracy types wishing for an American company to fail. No wonder he wants to go private.

Should I start posting photos of Honda Civics and F150's with mismatched seats.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 11:55am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Lash out lol. I can post links too. Happens to the best manufactures in the world...

Ford F150 with the wrong driver seat delivered to a dealer:

Mismatched interior on a Civic.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 12:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
NuttBoxer says
but what else do you call a company that is largely supported by government programs,

The Tesla fanboys aren't going to like this...

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies.

And he's built those companies with the help of billions in government subsidies.

Tesla Motors Inc., SolarCity Corp. and Space Exploration Technologies Corp., known as SpaceX, together have benefited from an estimated $4.9 billion in government support, according to data compiled by The Times.

"He definitely goes where there is government money," said Dan Dolev, an analyst at Jefferies Equity Research. "That's a great strategy, but the government will cut you off one day."

Space X takes government contracts. Just like any of these companies:

Lockheed Martin
SAIC
Booz Allen
IAP
Harris
Honeywell
GE

The loan Tesla got from the DOE and paid it back in full with interest 9 years early by the way...
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 12:27pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

AntiOcasioCortez says
MrBark says
Ford F150 with the wrong driver seat delivered to a dealer:

Mismatched interior on a Civic.

And what does that have to do with Tesla? Stay on topic.

If the topic is apples, then talking about oranges is just you trying to change the topic.

Standard tactic of Kool-Aid drinking Musk Fluffers.

We were discussing quality control at Tesla, so it's very on topic. You seem to know a lot about fluffing, mom must be proud.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 1:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Majority of the Tesla owners I know are conservatives. The know a good value when they see it. They also have solar on their homes, imagine that.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 1:24pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I've been tooling around for the past few years in an EV that has only 80 miles of range. I have over 50,000 miles on the clock. It costs me less than $30 a month to drive ~1,000 miles. I've never been inconvenienced, in fact the opposite... I've never had to visit the dealership once -- no dealing with rentals/loaners, no constant internal combustion engine component issues/service schedule. Only maintenance I've done is a few sets of tires and replace the windshield washer fluid. And it's fast too.

I recently got an Audi S8 as a second car, I drive that for 2 or 3 days and it's $75. I'm never going back to daily driving a gas car.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 2:57pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
MrBark says

So what.

I have an internal combustion engine (Honda) and I've driven 55,000 miles without a single service issue and still on the original tires. I get 350+ miles of range easily, Your point? And I bet it's a lot faster than your electric push toy and can certainly carry a hell of a lot more.

Plus, your $30/month number is a subsidized number. Where's the electric coming f...

Ha, your Honda is not maintenance-free. How many oil changes have you done and how much time have you spent out of your life doing so? How much time have you spent filling up gas? Brake pads? Fluid changes? Alternators, spark plugs, coil packs, smog checks, etc, etc -- it's all time out of your day and money to keep that engine ticking like a well-oiled machine. 350-miles of range is only relevant when you can't do math to figure out you don't drive your car 350-miles per day. Do you have a gas powered cell phone or do you conveniently plug it in every night and it's good for a whole day of use tomorrow? That's my car.

Push toy lol, you haven't driven an electric car have you? They're torque monsters. My car is faster than a Volkswagen GTI to 40 and will burn out for a good 10 feet off the line without effort. It will beat a Civic to 60 and carry as much cargo as a BMW X3. It's also got all the luxury features you could ask for.

If my electricity is subsidized, so is your gas. Living on the beach, I don't run AC and I have solar. Why the hell would power have to be trucked in? We have an existing infrastructure, it's shipped directly to my house from the sun, right out of thin air. Fanboy, lol yeah right. I'm a car guy through and through.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 3:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
DASKAA says
So if I put in a pool which uses 2.5kW pump or add an AC (~7kW) to the house which didn't have it initially I will also be "piggy backing"

Does you house already have power lines running to it, an electric meter and a circuit breaker panel? Or will you be installing that all new to power those items?

You mean people consume more power at home than they did in 1960? I'm fucking shocked! Just routers and cable boxes use a ton of power. Of course new appliances use a fraction of what they did back then. What happens if you add central air, an electric dryer or an air compressor in your garage? Where do you draw the line of what I can power in my own home? My car uses an much kWh as central air running for 3 hours and automatically changes off peak for maximum energy savings.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 3:23pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I plug in my car at night, just like my cell phone. Do you use a gas powered cell phone? Must be a bitch once you have to charge it! The horror! I spend zero time waiting for the car to charge, zero time at a gas pump...

You're in for a world of hurt... So you literally haven't changed your oil in 55,000 miles? Or done any other recommended maintenance? Why don't you take care of your possessions?

Look up the figures for how much the average American drives per day, sorry your edge case for range is just that... an edge case...

No idea why you keep bringing up the fact that you need to build a fueling station to charge car...

Obviously my car changes at night, solar saves me a ton of money overall, sorry you don't see the value prop of solar...
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 3:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
Strategist says
since most charging is done at night when there is no demand for electricity.

No demand for electricity at night?? Really?

No one has a fridge, turns their lights on, runs their A/C, cooks dinner, washes clothes, heats their water, watches TV etc. at night? California is completely dark at night, except for electric cars being charged?

Wow, I never knew that.

Nobody heats their water or drys their clothes with electricity in California, unless you live in the sticks. Who's doing all that shit past midnight anyway?
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 3:41pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Again, why would u build new infrastructure? Do we need to build new infrastructure for adding central air too since that's using the same load as the car? Conveniently ignored the other points like you not changing your oil or other scheduled maintenance for 55k miles, that's cool bro. Keep your horse and buggy, shit's working a-okay for you. I'll just keep on keeping on, living in the future.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 17, 4:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

An elite group! Like my parents!

European immigrant food service workers who worked their fucking asses off to own a home and provide a better life for their kids. They sold me their home at market rate and I got to keep the property tax assessment from 1985. They never made over $25,000 per year living in coastal California. I'm fortunate that I'm able to have kept lower property taxes and send them money every month to help them out.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 21, 5:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If any of this quality logic held any water, all of my Audis and BMWs would be the most reliable and well engineered cars on the planet. They're just depreciation pits with over-engineered bullshit that aren't designed to be easily serviceable. Look at the used prices of $80k new BMWs/Audis in 2012 vs $80k new Tesla in 2012.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 5, 1:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We're allowed to drink at work, so...

What I've got in my fridge right now;
Stone Delicious IPA
Elysian Space Dust IPA
New Belgium Hemperor HPA - Very Dank
Lagunitas Ale
Mike Hess Solis IPA
Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout

And outside the fridge, some bottles of Pinot Noir from;
Byron, Rancho Sisquoc, Melville and Foley
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 7, 4:40pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Vapebot. I need this.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 13, 2:05pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Shithole city
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 25, 8:49am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You should check out the central coast; San Luis Obispo ($$), Santa Barbara ($$$), Carpinteria ($$), Ventura ($) – or, further south – Thousand Oaks ($$), Agoura Hills ($$). Great weather, less congested and cheaper than the Bay Area ($$$$). Down side is variety of jobs, but I haven't had any issues finding work. Thousand Oaks and Agoura have good tech and science jobs and are also an relatively easy commute to the San Fernando Valley (but then you're battling congestion again on the daily). West LA has a burgeoning tech scene where all the big guys have setup shop to support the entertainment industry.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Sep 25, 11:37am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

E-man says
Some cashed out his house in Sunnyvale and bought a 2,200sf SFH in Oceanside for $600k all cash in Socal and is loving it there.

Great call out on Oceanside, it's a little rough around the edges, but it's surprisingly affordable with excellent weather.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 3, 11:47am     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

What I found most troubling was his partisan rant during the hearing and vowing revenge (what comes around goes around). Not to mention the multiple times he blatantly perjured himself and got into an elementary school back and forth with a senator. He's not fit for the bench, find someone else and let's move on...
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 11, 1:03pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says
I believe Jerry Brown has been good for California. I like a lot of the things he's done. He's actually a very conservative guy in many ways. But I get it that you libertarians can't comprehend that running surpluses and paying your bills is ever prudent, if it involves using taxes to do so.

I don't have faith that Newsome could hold a candle to Brown though. But then it's also tough for me to vote for an unknown republican. But I might. It's unlikely that I will ever vote for a republican for President. Governor though, is totally doable.

You and I are on the same page. Schwarzenegger (whom I voted for) ran the state into the ground financially and was elected almost solely on repealing the four-fold increase on car registration cost. I've been a fan of Brown (whom I voted for), he dug us out of a hole, but went way too far with the gas tax, minimum wage, the high speed rail joke and requiring public companies to have women on the board. Newsom is just such a slimeball and I don't think I can get behind him. I remember him getting completely owned by Adam Carolla bringing up logic and facts.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 12, 4:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

LinkedIn announced this week a change to their Talent Connect product. It will now give you the genders of people who work in your company so recruiters can see the balance and make decisions based off of that information -- "for diversity"

It's all show, less than 1% of users on LinkedIn have stated their genders. For now, there is not requirement to add your gender or any other racial information.

This is a slippery slope.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Oct 30, 8:24am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My sister and I are birthright citizens. Born to European citizens who have been in America since 1968 as permanent residents. We're successful and have contributed immensely to this country. I guess we're a case study that Orangutan doesn't discriminate since we're blonde haired and blue eyed?
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 9:24am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MisterLefty says
FortWayneIndiana says
Lots of people live in 40-60k income a year in houses that were cheap when they bought years ago, but at old age taxes would throw them on to the street.
They can take out a home equity loan.

Solid financial advice.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 14, 9:16am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Think this guy is a patnet member? lolol

MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 16, 4:07pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I pay $2400/year property taxes on a $650k home, based on an appraised value of $220k. If prop 13 disappeared tomorrow, I would be paying around $6000/year. I'd be pissed, but I'll look at the positives... I wouldn't be 'forced' to keep my current home until I die. Since I'd be paying the same as everyone else, I would be able to actually move into a 'dream home' instead of a home I just bought from my parents for the tax benefits. On the other hand, it would be terrible to rip old folks from their communities and their support networks they've developed over their lifetimes.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 19, 3:33pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What does this article have to do with the areas burning in the south that have zero to do with the pine beetles?
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 4, 3:49pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HappyGilmore says
How hilarious is it that there are ZERO threads on pat.net about an actual case of election fraud. There are multiple threads about elections with no evidence of any wrongdoing, but no threads about a case that is almost certainly fraudulent.

Once again, Republicans prove that partisanship is a powerful drug.

They do NOT care about fair elections. They only care about winning by any means necessary.

Exactly. If it's true, prove it. Total fucking bullshit lies from the top down.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 11, 10:19am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Jon Voight's Chrysler LeBaron for Chief of Staff.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 23, 3:01pm     ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Bye! Bon Voyage! Enjoy the desert!

MrBark   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 4, 4:28pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Friends bought a place in 2015 for $510,000. Second set of friends just bought the same floorplan, same condition, two doors up, for $565,000.

Both homes original, dated, from the early 70's.

So after 4 years, they've made $55,000 in equity from market movement, $13,750 per year. Better than nothing right?

Of course, the above scenario assumes they didn't spend any time/month on upgrades and just kept a dated house. But, they've sunk money into it, remodeled, so it's probably worth closer to $670-700 now.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 13, 10:54am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"The share of auto loan borrowers who were three months behind on their payments peaked at 5.3 percent in late 2010. The share is slightly lower now — 4.5 percent — because the total number of borrowers has risen so much in the past several years."

So, they sold more cars and, surprise, surprise, there is a corresponding increase in the number of people whom are late with their car payments. That's simple math not news. Now if the percentage of late loans was above 5.3% that would be news.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 14, 3:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ForcedTQ says
Maintenance cost on the Leaf is not ZERO. Figure the cost per year wear out for BATTERY DEGRADATION - eventual replacement/tires/shocks/bearings/body and interior upkeep. Willing to bet that $1500/yr on the ICE car is a bit too high as well. You can't say there are zero maintenance costs cause it's a lease unless Nissan agrees to take care of ALL costs that may come up during your lease!

Clearly clueless, never owned an electric vehicle. What battery degration? 4 years and 60,000 later I'm still waiting for any sign of "Battery Degradation"

Meanwhile, I spend 30 bucks to drive 1000 miles, never spent a single minute or dollar on service (other than wiper fluid and tires), plug it in at night just like my cell phone, have all the luxury features like LED headlights, leather heated seats etc and accelerate faster than a tuned GTI. I've owned German automobiles that will send you to the poor house on all those costs. Sorry it's so hard to understand.
  MrBark   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 14, 3:13pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag