marcus's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 12863 - 12902 of 12,902    Last »

marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 7, 2:13pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says
Clearly, Trump has achieved tremendous success as compared to Pussy Cat Obama. NK literally gained nuclear weapons while Pussy Cat Obama shivered. Obama could not even get China's cooperation. Useless President. Put the world in a very unsafe position.

I see no evidence of any of this. Do you actually believe the stuff you say ?

Everyone knows these geopolitical games are complicated, and the superficial part that we see has little to do with the deeper strategic game going on. NK has had Nukes since when ? They went in to a saber rattling mode with TRump, bacause they now had long range missiles to test, and becasue Trump campaigned on possibly removing our bases from Korea and eastern Europe. And probably becasue they noticed that Trump is very friendly to and at least seems to admire ruthless and evil murderous dictators. So he played a little game with Trump. And look at what he got ? !

Timeline of the North Korean nuclear program
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 7, 2:22pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
He got put in his place, and the world is a far safer place because of it.

Wtf ?

Sure he's not threatening war anymore. But you really think the threats were real, and not just trash talk ? I'll admit there are good aspects. And it's something Obama couldn't have done. Can you imagine the field day the right wing media machine would have had, if Obama met with and kissed Kim's ass on the global stage the way Trump did ?

Think about that for a minute.

Many say the deal was far better for Kim than for us. I guess unless you actually believed that Kim was about to nuke us.

Trump really has achieved a historic breakthrough – for the Kim dynasty

So Kim leaves Singapore having gained much of the international legitimacy the dynastic dictatorship has sought for decades. But the gifts from Trump did not end there. He also announced an end to US military exercises in the Korean peninsula – the “war games” which he said were costly and, deploying language Pyongyang itself might have used, “very provocative”. Trump also hinted at an eventual withdrawal of the 28,000 US troops stationed in the Korean peninsula.

And what did Kim give Trump in return for this bulging bag of goodies? The key concession, the one Trump repeatedly invoked, was a promise of “complete denuclearisation”. Trump held this aloft as if it were a North Korean commitment to dismantle its arsenal, with work beginning right away. To be sure, such a commitment would be a major prize, one that would merit all the congratulation a beaming Trump was heaping on himself. But this is where you need to look at the small print.

First, the text itself says merely: “The DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.” Kim has promised not “complete denuclearisation” but simply “to work toward” that end. Negotiators the world over know is the fudging language you use when you’ve extracted something less than a real commitment. Kim has offered only an aspiration, with no deadline or timetable, not a concrete plan.

Again, the timeline for your perusal
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 7, 2:29pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Strategist says
He understands China imposing a 25% tax on cars we export to them while we don't is not fair. Obama did not understand that.

You can be sure he had thought long and hard about it and consulted many Washington wonks and economists about the pros and cons of a trade war with China.

You can be sure that Trump did none of that. AS experts working close to Trump have often acknowledged, he seems to have the understanding on these issues of a 5th grader.

Hey, I get it. That's very attractive to a lot of people (I wonder why ?).
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 7, 2:54pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
Try harder, offer the actual support of your critiques and maybe someone would agree w you.

As if a hard core Trump cuck, or hyper libertarian, is ever going to agree with a middle of the road reality based person ?
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 8, 9:48pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We all have nobility in our ancestry, along with rapists, murderers and whores.

Sometimes one particular ancestor can provide all of the above.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 8, 9:52pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

anti_forum
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 8, 10:05pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was curious who revived this thread, and it was actually Gary. That's surprising. Even now, you're not ashamed of yourself on this ? Hasn't Alex Jones even acknowledged that he was full of crap, at this point, in an effort to minimize the cost of settlements that will eventually be reached with parents of children killed at Sandy Hook, that are suing him ?

Gary Anderson says
According to the video from CNN, the curbs were curved as the police assault forces arrived. But the Sandy Hook School had square curves. So CNN didn't even film the right school.

Again, wtf ? I don't know about you, but I've often seen drive ways and different kinds of curbs all in the same block. That means nothing. I'm not going to do it, but I bet I could go on google maps and get a close up look at the school and it's curbs.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 8, 10:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

"The media mogul's defense team claims that it is his constitutional right to invent stories and that no reasonable person would take Mr Jones' words as fact."

Wow. Good luck with that argument Alex. As if you don't think there are plenty of idiots that buy your nonsense. Hell, even you (Alex Jones) buy your own nonsense half the time.

Alex Jones is so fucked. I really hope he gets what he deserves, which is financial ruin. He caused ingrate morons to threaten the parents of murdered children, on the grounds that their children weren't really murdered. It would take someone with severe schizophrenia to argue at this point that these suits and the judges ruling are all part of the government's show, and that there really were no children killed at Sandy Hook.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 10, 6:51am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

P N Dr Lo R says
It was also evident when he said "you didn't build that" the contempt he had for private enterprise.

Still hanging on to that right wing rewritten version of what he was saying ?

I agree about respect, and being able to converse. I have friends that are republican and we can find common ground and are still friends. Although some defend Trump way more than others. I really do believe though that conservatives are the more dishonest of the two, generally The "you didn't build that is a perfect example." Total unwillingness to comprehend what he was saying, which would have easily been conservative in another era.

Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

That one phrase, "you didn't build that should probably have been, "you didn't build that in a vacuum" or something like that.

But how can someone be unable to read the entire paragraph and not get his overall meaning, which was not communist or anti free enterprise.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 10, 9:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says
So then, you agree that Trump never said Mexicans are rapists

I never thought he said all or most Mexicans are rapists. I know exactly what he said, and who he was trying to appeal to. And I clearly heard him say, " and I'm sure some are fine people.

I don't play that dishonest take it out of context game. OR the stupid meme game. In context, it's obvious and every honest person understands exactly what Trump was saying. The most important part is the shear dishonesty of it, becasue he isn't even deporting as many Mexicans as Obama did. It was purely and simply an appeal to racists or otherwise gullible ignorant people that thought he would follow through on what he was saying about immigration and the wall.

Quigley says
But you don’t have to do anything as heinous as supporting the President to get labeled an enemy of the Democrat party. You could just misgender a tranny or suggest that illegal immigration is bad

You wish the democratic party was this far gone. You confuse the small SJW minority of the democratic party with the centrist relatively conservative majority.

Quigley says
Leftists which have infested that party are a Party of Haters

So would it be safe for me to infer that you hate haters ?

That would be ironic.

Are you saying you hate the people that hate hate ?
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 10, 9:29pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I believe Jerry Brown has been good for California. I like a lot of the things he's done. He's actually a very conservative guy in many ways. But I get it that you libertarians can't comprehend that running surpluses and paying your bills is ever prudent, if it involves using taxes to do so.

I don't have faith that Newsome could hold a candle to Brown though. But then it's also tough for me to vote for an unknown republican. But I might. It's unlikely that I will ever vote for a republican for President. Governor though, is totally doable.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 10, 9:38pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Democrats will take control of the house, but probably not enough of a blue wave for them to take the senate.

But I am praying that they do, and I hardly ever pray.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 6:23am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
I dont get it. What's the joke

Sometimes the truth is funny.

But this probably isn't funny to you if you "get" Trump.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 6:55am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CovfefeButDeadly says
while Kanye is mentally ill, an Uncle Tom, and a house negro for supporting a Republican

Why ? Becasue one liberal somewhere said that ? That's not what everyone or even a lot of libarals/leftoids are saying.

As for the mentally ill part, if I'm not mistaken that's a fact, no ?
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 7:04am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Yeah God forbid we have openly honest people

Oh, that's what bothers me about Trump. It's his honesty.

And that's what's hard to follow in Kanye's rant. It's his honesty.

Yes, honesty is what's missing in todays political discourse, and if you are really sick and tired of all the lies, then Trump is for you.

I'm sure that's just dishonest Wapo spin there. You have to be a special kind of "honest" to fully appreciate Trump level honesty.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 8:19pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Trump sharpened his skills over 3 decades of talk show and news show appearances to develop his platform. Somethings he said bombed while other things stuck.
He's still building his platform. His speeches he introduces new talking points, while some flops and he never says them again. Others become a part of his repertoire.

So what you are saying is that he's all about figuring out how to say what people want to hear. He's MORE of a dishonest populist of a politician than any I've seen in my life time, and you're basically agreeing with that.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 8:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
Choose a lie and lets discuss. (Ask yourself why you wont.) Quite trollish to continually scream something without discussing it. Shows a real lack of intellectual integrity.

Scream ? Trolling. Wtf ?

Wapo says they were hard pressed to find true statements in Trump's oped. IF you say they're wrong and you have any of this intellectual honesty you speak of, find me the 4 most true sentences in that OPED. And we can discuss.

I know you can't and you won't. Why is it on me to prove what any halfway honest person would agree with ? And what the Washington post has already stuck their neck out declaring are lies.

Go ahead. Tell me the four most true sentences in Trumps OpED. We can discuss. IT should be easy.

marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 8:58pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
wasn't just "one liberal". entire media cycle was spent on that

The media cycle was spent on Kayne's bizzarre rant, not on people using racist terms to describe his love of Trump. (what I was talking about and responding to.)
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 9:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Goran_K says
There will be no "Blue Wave", change my mind!

I'd rather just let the outcome change your mind.

If you're in the Trump cuck bubble, then you might think Trump is the cat's pajamas. (age appropriate expression for Trump lovers).

But we know that Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 and a lot of non republicans hate Trump, and are smart enough to know that just becasue a tax cut, mostly to corporations and the wealthy has stimulated the economy, doesn't mean that all the people angry about this moronic asshole being President are changing their minds.

I'm looking for at least the house turning over big time. THe Senate would be tough. but it's like a 20% shot or so. Similar to Trump's apparent chances when we were this far out in 2016.

We'll see.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 9:07pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
Media cycle went on rants against Kayne, called him n word among other things.

Source please. That makes no fucking sense. Nice try though.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 9:14pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Or possibly some people that feel certain that political correctness will be programmed in to AI are programming in the opposite, to make a point.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 9:15pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I didn't read the article. But the headlines I saw on reddit, made it sound as if actual bias against women had occurred (as opposed to simply finding a higher number of competant en than woman for programming jobs).
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 12, 9:19pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I would think that noticing a pattern of say bringing up women's groups in a resume as a negative, would not necessarily be a negative.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 13, 6:31am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Goran_K says
The same exact party

It doesn't get any stupider than this.

The democrats were the racist party in the south as recently as the 1960s. But the last of those folks converted to republican in the Reagan years, becasue of effective dog whistle courting done from 1960 till the 80s and after.

This is accepted fact in the reality based world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 8:14am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Senate: Democrats gain one seat - not getting control

House: Democrats gain 39 seats
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 8:28am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

No comment, but becasue of reading that, I saw this story. https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2018/10/13/florida-man-accused-chopping-rivals-penis-carving-initials-leg/

Execution is to good for that evil SOB. Wtf ?
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 9:00am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Get Liberalism and Socialism out of our schools. Vet the TEACHERS!

Teachers are vetted, pretty damn hard.

The teachers I see are all what you would see as very normal socially. Sure they vote democrat, but that's becasue democrats support public education issues, and educators.

You assume the changes you see are due to teachers ? Nope. Kids do it themselves. When my generation grew our hair long or experimented with drugs, it wasn't because of the teachers. It was in spite of the teachers.

Social media does far more to spread all the niche little subcultures, everything from gamers to anime, and trans or otherwise weird sexuality, or whatever other weird thing kids are in to.

Teachers might be guilty of strongly advocating tolerance and that kids are kind to and respectful of each other. But that's a good thing, even if it does sometimes, to some extent allow deviant narcissism or other less than desirable behaviors, that is behaviors that would not flourish in a more fascist setting. This a pitfall of having a lot of freedom.

BE careful before you argue for taking our freedom away.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 9:07am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's a prediction. Something I can point to after the election, and of course it's hopeful.

I'll bet you the democrats gain more than 26. Sure, $500

Actually, I think I'd prefer to keep it down to $100. This is pretty aggressive on my part. And I'm not going any higher, becasue I said more than 26, that's 27 or more. A damn good offer. I haven't checked what book makers are saying, but I'm sure you couldn't get that. But I could probably get what you offered, or better from a bookie.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 1:09pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Don't strain yourself.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 1:12pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Antarctic ice melting faster than ever, studies show

Yes. Literally all the smart people are in on the conspiracy. Whimpy crybabies, think that jeopardizing the future of civilization isn't fun. Pussies !
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 1:17pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Trump isn't going to go down without a fight. He figures that he needs the old peoples vote, so he's talking about how democrats are going to take their medicare away.

Hey, why should politicians be subtle about their lies. It's about getting the votes.

Now he's working on his racist base in the south. He needs them to all vote too.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 1:22pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

All the nonsense about 1.5 degrees being significant or "a point of no return" or tipping point of 2 or 4 degrees that might soon already be "baked" in.

Liberals are so gullible. YOu have to be really NOT stupid (or possibly even intelligent) to fall for all that paranoia. One of these days or maybe years they're going to be proven wrong, and us idiots (who know that big oil and coal are right), will WIN again. Yippeeeee!
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 1:35pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Quigley says
We can live without koombayaa socialism

It's interesting. Things have been moving to the right for decades on this mantra. We now have way too much debt, and republicans just increased it by doing an unneeded tax cut that goes mostly to the rich and corporation (to the rich indirectly). I get it. If democrats ever gain power, their hand will be tied.

Meanwhile we don't properly maintain infrastructure, and there are huge liabilities (that I guess you want to default on), and you're still worried about Kumbaya socialism ?

The ironic thing is, I'm not for real socialism or communism, but the policies of the right wing in this country are likely to cause a failure so extreme and dramatic that the result will be exactly what you fear. Either that or some other form (fascist perhaps?) of total government takeover of everything.

What is it you want ? Police state and shanty towns for the majority ? WE certainly are no longer a democracy, long before it gets to that.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 1:48pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Onvacation says
thoroughly disproven

Yeah,... it's the government money for research that makes all the climate science experts agree (and lie !!) ,.... yeah,.....that's what it is. (said in the voice of Tommy FLannagan - the pathological liar)

marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 2:55pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You should capitalize on you're knowledge. The market will pay you 4 to 1 on a bet that republicans take the house. I could be off, maybe you can only get 3 to 1, but 4 to 1 reflects the current polls (or bs propaganda as you call it).

No guts no glory.

Why not put some money where your mouth is ?
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 3:00pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

That is if you actually believe your nonsensical ramblings.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 11:19pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

It seems like if you had real confidence in Trump, you would be defending Climate change denial, or perhaps explaining why deficits only matter when democrats are in power.

Instead you're going to make a silly generalization or at least imply another generalization about liberals, based on what some extremist left winger children do. That is kids with extremist identity politics views that don't even represent 10% of democratic voters.

Don't get me wrong. I get it. All of your arguments in favor of Trump are hollow. Where is his health care plan ? Where's his wall ? H's going to take credit for a continuation of the expansion that started 8 or 9 years ago, but he won't talk about the debt increase he was willing to take on in growth times to make it happen.

I'm talking real policies here, not what the flakiest right wing racists are saying to an interviewer at a wallmart in Arkansas.

Are Trumps deportation numbers up to Obama levels yet ?

You all were sold a bunch of hogwash. Shame on you for being so gullible. And for letting him appeal to your darkest angels.
  marcus   ignore (4)   2018 Oct 14, 11:24pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Of course not. I also can't find a liberal that would post a thread as stupid as this one.

The Housing Trap