patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
736,974 comments in 75,818 posts by 10,909 registered users, 2 online now: CBOEtrader, Tenpoundbass

new post

How the presidential election affects the real estate market

By Patrick   2012 Nov 1, 3:07pm   1,322 views   9 comments   watch (0)   quote      

http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/how-the-presidential-election-affects-the-real-estate-market/2012/08/30/ccefd218-e585-11e1-8741-940e3f6dbf48_story.html?source=Patrick.net

Whether you prefer President Obama or Republican nominee Mitt Romney, theres no denying that the next presidents economic policies will be a key driver of the health of real estate for the next four years, not to mention the price of a mortgage.

#housing

Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »

1   toothfairy     2012 Nov 1, 3:56pm  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

I think Romney would be better for housing. Mainly because the stock market would boom. There would be a lot of money coming off the sidelines.

2   bmwman91     2012 Nov 1, 4:31pm  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote    

How is "better" being defined? Higher prices?

3   pdh     2012 Nov 1, 4:32pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

toothfairy says

I think Romney would be better for housing. Mainly because the stock market would boom.

That would certainly go against history.

4   toothfairy     2012 Nov 1, 6:24pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Lol, yeah by better I meaning prices going up not down.

5   Tenpoundbass   994/996 = 99% civil   2012 Nov 1, 11:03pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

pdh says

That would certainly go against history.

Sooooo you're saying Romney was President before, BUT the stock and the housing market didn't fare well on his watch?

No see, you're confusing him for the other the guy. I know they look a like, talk a like and Obama likes to still Romney's Ideas then claim them as his own. But one has a Red tie and is White and the other fella has a blue tie and is Black. Glad I could clear that up for you, so you don't go around sounding like a complete Jackass.

6   BobMSN     2012 Nov 2, 12:31am  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote    

Under President Obama, there is no real “real estate market”. The government will pick up the winners and losers as long as the big government can grow.
The bank has no interest to liquidate the shadow inventory because the free money from Fed.
The squatters will stay as long as possible by exhausting all means, like principle reduction, loaner modification, etc.
The investors will stay on the side lines because there is no clear prediction that how and when they will be wiped out by the government again.
The hard working families will not be able to buy a home they can afford because the bank and government subsidized home “owner” have no interest to sell.

People’s life would be further controlled by the big government through control of “real estate market”.

7   zzyzzx   571/571 = 100% civil   2012 Nov 2, 12:33am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Actually I expect the stock market to go up after the election no matter who wins. The market hates uncertainty. I do expect it to go up more if Romney wins.

8   Goran_K   146/146 = 100% civil   2012 Nov 2, 12:42am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Is there even a housing market? Orange County as a whole is going towards a month to LESS than a month of inventory. What we have is grid locked, demand destruction, no inventory, and no foreclosures happenings supposedly because of MERS.

The housing "market" is disappearing.

9   Goran_K   146/146 = 100% civil   2012 Nov 2, 12:43am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

btw Patrick, I think something is broken in the code. Can't edit my own comments.

Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home