patrick.net

new post
register or log in

#investing   #housing   #politics   #humor  
10,722 registered users, 7 users online now: Blurtman, bob2356, Entitlemented, errc, Heres Your Card, man, Strategist

Patrick.net Coffee Hour Sat Nov 10th at 10:00am

By Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 6, 3:28am   ↑ like   ↓ dislike   7,901 views   64 comments   watch (1)   share   quote  

If anyone wants to meet up for coffee this coming Saturday Nov 10th, I'll be at La Boulange at the corner of High Street and University Ave (151 University Ave) in Palo Alto at 10:00am.

I'll wear a blue Notre Dame baseball cap with "ND" on the front.

« First     « Previous     Comments 25-64 of 64     Last »

25   bg   2012 Nov 10, 12:44am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I gave up coffee a couple of months ago. This may be a special occasion, though. I am totally up for a photo!

26   bg   2012 Nov 10, 6:28am  ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I had a really nice time today. It was fun to meet everyone who showed up. A very nice group of people. I should have moved down to the other end of the table to talk to Leo and PK. Hopefully we can do that again sometime.

Got a copy of the book AND a bumper sticker. WOOOO HOOOO!

27   David Losh   2012 Nov 10, 6:37am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Will there be pictures?

28   Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 10, 6:47am  ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Funny you should ask right when I'm uploading the group photo:

29   Peter P   2012 Nov 10, 9:13am  ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

It was a fun meeting! I got to meet justme. As expected, he was a smart, reasonable, and interesting person! We should have more of this.

Thanks Patrick for organizing the coffee hour.

30   elliemae   2012 Nov 10, 12:15pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Seems like there was something afoot...

31   pkennedy   2012 Nov 10, 12:51pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Hm my feet seemed to have gotten in there.

32   justme   2012 Nov 10, 1:53pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Awesome meeting, we just could not stop talking.

I'm disappointed (?) though that no realtors showed up to harass us. Except maybe that lady with the macbook that showed up towards the end (not your wife pkennedy, I mean at the other end of the table :)). She looked the part and could have been a NAR spy :)

But were there only 8 pairs of feet, I thought there were 9 of us??

33   justme   2012 Nov 10, 1:56pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Peter P says

justme says

Melmakian == Shrek ??

Peter P says

Are you testing for equality or identity? Or does it even matter? :-)

[Geek Joke Alert]. I wanted to test for equality rather than "assign" blame.

Shrekgrinch, you shoulda' been there.

34   Peter P   2012 Nov 10, 2:19pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I was looking forward to meet Shrek in his furry costume. :-)

35   Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 10, 3:16pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Should we all show up at some open house next time, mess with the realtor, and then laugh about it at a cafe?

36   KILLERJANE   2012 Nov 10, 4:41pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Only one girl there?

37   KILLERJANE   2012 Nov 10, 4:42pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Next to the flip flopper

38   Peter P   2012 Nov 10, 5:17pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Should we all show up at some open house next time, mess with the realtor, and then laugh about it at a cafe?

Let's not be mean. We are better than that. :-)

39   justme   2012 Nov 10, 11:42pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

It's tempting, though. We don't have to be better than them ;-)

40   Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 11, 12:44am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

KILLERJANE says

Only one girl there?

You are right. Good reading of shoes.

41   mell (14/14 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 11, 2:17am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

KILLERJANE says

Next to the flip flopper

Were you admiring the flip-floppers gorgeous feet?

42   Peter P   2012 Nov 11, 3:31am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Perhaps Patrick can upload the picture to http://www.wikifeet.com/.

Not sure if we qualify as celebrities. :-)

43   jvolstad (8/8 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 11, 3:41am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Count me in for that! I might bring a copy of my bank statement, showing how much cash I have saved renting, and tell the Realtor "you're not going to get my money."

44   Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 11, 3:45am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Peter P says

Damn, I checked and they limit photos to actors who are in IMDB.

45   jvolstad (8/8 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 11, 4:37am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Peter P says

Damn, I checked and they limit photos to actors who are in IMDB.

Jessup, MD hotel room. Resting up before flying back to SFO. And yes, I have big feet. ;-)

46   Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 11, 4:40am  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

BTW, thanks to justme for pointing out that Patrick.net is now the second Google result for "cannibal anarchy":

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&q=cannibal+anarchy

It makes me proud. Sniff.

47   Peter P   2012 Nov 11, 6:44am  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Cannibal Anarchism marginalizes vegetarians.

48   justme   2012 Nov 11, 11:46am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I was trying to find out where the whole Cannibal Anarchy meme came from. I thought it may have been from a movie or something, but nobody seemed to know.

Shostakovich, don't tell me you INVENTED it??

49   Peter P   2012 Nov 11, 2:04pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Some people here are really inventive. I will not be surprised if he did coin that term.

50   coriacci1   2012 Nov 11, 4:43pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

the cleanest shoes i’ve seen in a long time. bet youze guys are all suburban drivaholics.

51   leo707   2012 Nov 12, 2:02am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

bg says

I had a really nice time today. It was fun to meet everyone who showed up. A very nice group of people.

Yeah, I had a good time also. I would have liked to have stayed longer. Conversation was pretty lively for a group of people who just met. I was expecting at least a few awkward attempts at small talk.

bg says

I should have moved down to the other end of the table to talk to Leo and PK. Hopefully we can do that again sometime.

It is always nice to have a reason to come back.

52   leo707   2012 Nov 12, 2:05am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

coriacci1 says

the cleanest shoes i’ve seen in a long time. bet youze guys are all suburban drivaholics.

Nah, Patrick must have been using a soft-lens. The shoes were not that clean.

At least one person rode a bike there, and some of the others were city dwellers.

53   KILLERJANE   2012 Nov 12, 2:42am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

mell says

KILLERJANE says

Next to the flip flopper

Were you admiring the flip-floppers gorgeous feet?

Just smart. I am a fan of heels n jeans. Boots n jeans.

54   KILLERJANE   2012 Nov 12, 2:43am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Who is the flip flopper? Spill it. Who is the boots girl?

55   Patrick (153/153 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 12, 2:53am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I'm the bike rider (anywhere I can possibly go by bike or train, I do) and my shoes are the brown loafers on the left.

Same place in a month? My only complaint is that that cafe is very noisy and it can be hard to hear.

56   leo707   2012 Nov 12, 3:08am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I'm the bike rider (anywhere I can possibly go by bike or train, I do) and my shoes are the brown loafers on the left.

I drove to get there, but my usual commute to work is by foot.

Same place in a month? My only complaint is that that cafe is very noisy and it can be hard to hear.

Yeah, it was hard to hear what was going on at the other end of the table.

I would be up for meeting again, but with the holidays coming up I might find it difficult to find the time until after the new year. If you set another meeting up again before then I will try to make it.

57   bg   2012 Nov 12, 9:04pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

KILLERJANE says

Only one girl there?

Mine were the girl feet :-)

58   bg   2012 Nov 12, 9:09pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

leo707 says

Yeah, it was hard to hear what was going on at the other end of the table.

I think there is a library near there that might have a little conference room we can use. I know the Belmont library has conference rooms. And it has a Starbucks and a bagel place across the street.

justme says

It's tempting, though. We don't have to be better than them ;-)

Peter P says

Let's not be mean. We are better than that. :-)

We don't have to be mean. We can just share ideas with each other. Don't even have to include them in that lively conversation.

59   errc (5/5 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 12, 9:20pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Peter P says

Cannibal Anarchism marginalizes vegetarians.

Rigghtfully so

60   justme   2012 Nov 14, 11:29am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

bg says

We don't have to be mean. We can just share ideas with each other.

Yup, it could be more of an exchange of viewpoints between open-house visitors. Pros and cons, pricing, value and the like.

61   mell (14/14 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 14, 12:09pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

KILLERJANE says

Who is the flip flopper? Spill it. Who is the boots girl?

Flip flopper.

62   elliemae   2012 Nov 15, 10:25am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

mell says

Flip flopper.

nice toes. flip flops (or as I call them, formal wear) are my fav shoes.

63   EastCoastBubbleBoy   2012 Nov 15, 11:05am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

someone (preferably not me) should put together an East Coast meet-up after the holidays.

64   Tenpoundbass (57/57 = 100% civil)   2012 Nov 15, 11:30pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Flip Flops = Florida Florsheim

« First     « Previous     Comments 25-64 of 64     Last »

Watch comments by email

home   top   users  
housing crash   thunderdome   sexy pix   site suggestions  
best comments   ad hominem comment jail   random post   patrick.net on twitter  
about   contact  
please recommend patrick.net to the criminally insane