patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
736,826 comments in 75,788 posts by 10,916 registered users, 1 online now: Snowflake

new post

For the U.S. housing market, it’s déjà vu all over again

By Patrick   2012 Nov 15, 2:45pm   980 views   2 comments   watch (0)   quote      

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/bottom_line/2012/11/for-the-us-housing-market-its-deja.html?source=Patrick.net

Let me begin by clarifying that, when it comes to speculating in the housing market, I have no dog in the fight; Having recently completed my third home purchase in 10 years, I have sworn off this costly and largely anticlimactic practice forevermore. That said, I am of the opinion that everyone and their mother should be extra cautious when dabbling in real estate these days. Look around, and its clear weve been here before. And the results werent pretty the first time. For starters, the market is clearly kicking into a higher gear. Yes, the U.S. housing sector has...

#housing

Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »

1   bmwman91     2012 Nov 15, 4:33pm  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote    

THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

2   uomo_senza_nome     2012 Nov 15, 6:31pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

bmwman91 says

THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

To the extent that home prices begin to rise, consumers will feel wealthier, they'll feel more -- more disposed to spend. If house prices are rising, people may be more willing to buy homes because they think that they'll, you know, make a better return on that purchase. So house prices is one vehicle. - Bernanke, 2012.

Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home