patrick.net

new post
register or log in

#investing   #housing   #politics   #humor  
10,721 registered users, 10 online now: astronut97, BayArea, Heres Your Card, joeyjojojunior, Robert Sproul, Singlemom, socal2, Straw Man, WookieMan, WorkInProgress

E-books jump as print book reading declines

By tvgnus   2012 Dec 27, 2:55am   ↑ like   ↓ dislike   537 views   3 comments   watch (1)   share   quote  

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22564

Two-thirds of readers still read printed books •  Eventually could affect the way knowledge is packaged and the way ideas are spread The population of e-book readers is growing. In the past year, the number of those who read e-books increased from 16 percent of all Americans ages 16 and older to 23 percent, according to new research released Thursday.

Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »

1   Tenpoundbass (66/66 = 100% civil)   2012 Dec 27, 2:59am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

The media is trying to make this sound all organic and pretty.
But the truth is you can't find a hard cover book worth reading at the 5 book stores left in the United States.

2   MsBennet   2012 Dec 27, 9:00am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I bought a new book, Hunger Games, on Amazon for 2.98. Probably cheaper than the E-book, which is probably 9.99.

3   jvolstad (8/8 = 100% civil)   2012 Dec 27, 11:45am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I've given away almost all my print books. Love being able to pull out my Smartphone and read where ever I am.

Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »

Watch comments by email

home   top   users   about   contact  
housing crash   thunderdome   sexy pix   site suggestions  
best comments   ad hominem comment jail   patrick.net on twitter   random post  
please recommend patrick.net to your in-laws