patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
735,852 comments in 75,697 posts by 10,906 registered users, 5 online now: Dan8267, Depo, joeyjojojunior, joshuatrio, justme

new post

Why can't you instantly turn off your iPod?

By Patrick   2012 Dec 27, 9:11am   701 views   5 comments   watch (0)   quote      

Why does Apple make you hold down a button for 3 seconds to turn off your iPod?

Why not provide a big OFF button that instantly turns it off?

Very annoying. It would be a great service to the world if someone were to create an easily-installed software patch for iPods that fixes that.

Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »

1   121212     2012 Dec 27, 9:25am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

You still own an iPod!

2   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch     2012 Dec 27, 9:33am  ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike   quote    

Whip out your AK and cut it in half with a fusillade of bullets for added badness.

3   zzyzzx   570/570 = 100% civil   2012 Dec 27, 9:35am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

It's not just the ipod that you can't turn off instantly anymore!

I understand when it comes to my PC or DVR, since they have hard drives, but anything else, not so much.

4   zzyzzx   570/570 = 100% civil   2012 Dec 27, 9:42am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Whip out your AK and cut it in half with a fusillade of bullets for added badness.

One of the things I hate about laptops is that sometimes you have to pull the battery to really turn it off.

5   Patrick   1787/1787 = 100% civil   2012 Dec 28, 1:37am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Yes, it's like these devices all have emotional issues and cannot bear to part from you lest you leave them for some other device.

Or maybe they reflect the emotional issues of their designers.

I just had that exact same experience you describe with a laptop. I had to pull out the battery to really get it to turn off.

It would be a great marketing advantage for some PC, phone, or music player to advertise "OFF button that really turns this fucker off, instantly!"

Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home