patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
737,194 comments in 75,830 posts by 10,912 registered users, 3 online now: curious2, iwog, lostand confused

new post

Is the threat of shadow inventory truly manageable?

By golfplan18   2013 Jan 2, 11:37pm   1,356 views   5 comments   watch (0)   quote      

http://ochousingnews.com/news/is-the-threat-of-shadow-inventory-truly-manageable?source=Patrick.net

With housing markets, the elephant in the room is shadow inventory. Much has been written about the subject over the last several years. It’s been portrayed as an apparition among the housing bulls, as if the millions of delinquent mortgages simply don’t exist. Most bulls comfort themselves with fanciful notions of loan modification programs succeeding and some simply denying there is a problem at all. Well, there is a problem. Lenders underwrote trillions of dollars worth of mortgages to people who couldn’t or wouldn’t pay them back. Contrary to the popular myth in the mainstream media, it isn’t a problem...

#housing

Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »

1   Kevin     2013 Jan 3, 1:28am  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote    

I believe the shadow inventory is in mordor.

2   dunnross     2013 Jan 3, 3:27am  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote    

It's quite simple. This market is manipulated, and markets cannot be manipulated for too long. This simple fact has been proven over and over again. Those who deny it, will live to see the day when they are completely wiped out, financially.

3   wave9x   1/1 = 100% civil   2013 Jan 3, 3:45am  ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike   quote    

I have worked with banks - they are incredibly incompetent. Think "Three Stooges". For them to pull off a concerted yet secret plan to sequester away property in order to control the market is pretty close to laughable.

4   CDon   1/1 = 100% civil   2013 Jan 3, 6:06am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote    

dunnross says

This market is manipulated, and markets cannot be manipulated for too long.

Define "too long". I say that because DeBeers has been sucessfully manipulating the market for 60+ years. The US govt has been sucessfully manipulating certain commodity prices for nearly 80 years. Is this not "too long" in your book?

5   epitaph   38/38 = 100% civil   2013 Jan 9, 5:43am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

The long term implications of the current US fiscal policy are not good, the real question is how long they can keep the show going.

I don't have an answer for this, but I would really like to know.

Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home