patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
737,195 comments in 75,830 posts by 10,912 registered users, 2 online now: APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE, iwog

new post

Rust Belt is still the heart of U.S. manufacturing

By tvgnus   2013 Jan 18, 3:43am   2 links   351 views   1 comment   watch (1)   quote      

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=22689

Commerce Department report details where manufacturing is concentrated •  California is both the giant -- and a no-show Theres plenty of manufacturing life left in the so-called Rust Belt of the Midwest, according to a new report Friday from the U.S. Department of Commerce.

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

1   Tenpoundbass   995/997 = 99% civil   2013 Jan 18, 4:14am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   quote    

I heard a very interesting point on NPR yesterday, that I thought about after the housing bust. But haven't thought about lately, and certainly haven't heard anyone else mention.

In regards to the supposedly new construction starts.
I'm paraphrasing here...
"There is a serious lack of skilled construction workers, were going to have to train a new batch of carpenters, electricians, concrete mud workers, and other various construction skilled workers. Or find ways to attract them from what ever other jobs they may have taken since the bust"
(not even talking about skilled tech people here).

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home