patrick.net

new post
register or log in

#investing   #housing   #politics   #humor  
10,716 registered users, 6 users online now: billmiller, Ceffer, criticalthinker, Heres Your Card, ironmansragingboner, Patrick

It is now illegal to unlock your cellphone-regulations gone wild.

By lostand confused (9/9 = 100% civil)   2013 Jan 26, 12:07am   ↑ like   ↓ dislike   328 views   1 comment   watch (1)   share   quote  

http://news.yahoo.com/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone-005604572--abc-news-tech.html

You likely have a cellphone that you bought from a carrier, like AT&T, Verizon or Sprint, and that phone only works on that carrier's cellular and data network -- unless you "unlock" it. That is a software process that allows the phone to work on other carriers if you put in a new SIM card or want to take the phone to another carrier for service. If that sounds complicated to you and like something you wouldn't bother with, then today's news won't matter to you. But if that's something you've done before or have thought about doing, then you...

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

1   Tenpoundbass (44/44 = 100% civil)   2013 Jan 27, 1:23am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

Meanwhile I feel like third whirld terd, every time I travel abroad.
And see folks from Austrailia lining up at a queue to buy a cheap sims card, to put in their phone from Australia while traveling abroad. While I feel like putz having to buy a cheap Bobo phone to hold me over until I travel back to the good ole Gulag of America.

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

Watch comments by email

home   top   users  
housing crash   thunderdome   sexy pix   site suggestions  
best comments   ad hominem comment jail   random post   patrick.net on twitter  
about   contact  
please recommend patrick.net to your enemies