patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
735,963 comments in 75,704 posts by 10,908 registered users, 2 online now: curious2, Patrick

new post

It is now illegal to unlock your cellphone-regulations gone wild.

By lostand confused   2013 Jan 26, 12:07am   336 views   1 comment   watch (1)   quote      

http://news.yahoo.com/now-illegal-unlock-cellphone-005604572--abc-news-tech.html

You likely have a cellphone that you bought from a carrier, like AT&T, Verizon or Sprint, and that phone only works on that carrier's cellular and data network -- unless you "unlock" it. That is a software process that allows the phone to work on other carriers if you put in a new SIM card or want to take the phone to another carrier for service. If that sounds complicated to you and like something you wouldn't bother with, then today's news won't matter to you. But if that's something you've done before or have thought about doing, then you...

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

1   Tenpoundbass   977/978 = 99% civil   2013 Jan 27, 1:23am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

Meanwhile I feel like third whirld terd, every time I travel abroad.
And see folks from Austrailia lining up at a queue to buy a cheap sims card, to put in their phone from Australia while traveling abroad. While I feel like putz having to buy a cheap Bobo phone to hold me over until I travel back to the good ole Gulag of America.

Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home