patrick.net

new post
register or log in

#investing   #housing   #politics   #humor  
10,754 registered users, 7 online now: astronut97, errc, ironmansragingboner, justme, mell, Strategist, theoakman

S&P 500 - How high can it go?

By fil   2013 Feb 1, 2:23am   ↑ like   ↓ dislike   1,061 views   4 comments   watch (1)   share   quote  

Any thoughts on how high the S&P will go? 1600? Mid 1500's?

Also any thoughts on how low it will go when it corrects?

My picks are
High - mid 1500's
Low - down to 1200's

Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »

1   zzyzzx (100/100 = 100% civil)   2013 Feb 1, 2:39am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

What do your charts tell you (and I really do need to learn that TA stuff).

2   dublin hillz   2013 Feb 1, 3:06am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

SFace says

1525-1540. Then 10-20% retracement.

basically I will not hold stocks in March -July but will load up by fall.

That's been the plan for several years.

It's a dynamic situation but that is how I will play it as of now.

Not a bad strategy - the biggest chance for a pullback is in may after roth contributions are done. Then profit taking starts.

3   fil   2013 Feb 1, 3:34am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

I just pull my numbers out of the air ;-)
When I see lots of people finally getting back into the market after missing most of the easy gains, I just think that they are probably all wrong. Most people are after all horrible at timing the market.

4   E-man   2013 Feb 1, 5:00pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote   top   bottom   home   share  

zzyzzx says

What do your charts tell you (and I really do need to learn that TA stuff).

See what SFace said.

fil says

I just pull my numbers out of the air ;-)

When I see lots of people finally getting back into the market after missing most of the easy gains, I just think that they are probably all wrong. Most people are after all horrible at timing the market.

LOL! That's a decent strategy too. You think like the 1%er instead of the 99%er. :)

Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »

Watch comments by email

home   top   users   about   contact  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy   8 groups who lie about the housing market   37 bogus arguments about housing  
patrick's 40 proposals   thunderdome   sexy pix   site suggestions  
best comments   ad hominem comment jail   patrick.net on twitter   random post  
please recommend patrick.net to your friends