patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
735,646 comments in 75,678 posts by 10,909 registered users, 1 online now: epitaph

new post

Bay Area Offshoring American Jobs by Liberals

By FortWayne   2013 Mar 13, 12:51pm   1,572 views   18 comments   watch (0)   quote      

For all you liberals who blame Republicans for offshoring jobs, here are your fellow liberals bringing them by a boat load. This was all over NPR celebrated like it's greatest thing since bubble gum.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Blueseed-to-entrepreneurs-Your-ship-may-come-in-3570961.php

I guess Mitt Romney was right.

#politics

Comments 1-18 of 18     Last »

1   HEY YOU   585/585 = 100% civil   2013 Mar 14, 1:39am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

Just finished hours of research & found that there will not be any conservative investment capital accepted & only liberal entrepreneurs need apply. lol

2   edvard2     2013 Mar 14, 1:46am  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote    

Mitt Romney also lost the election.

3   Tenpoundbass   965/966 = 99% civil   2013 Mar 14, 2:51am  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

apple should move Foxcom to Labor sweat shop cruise ships that are floating factories just a few hundred yards off shore.

4   Tenpoundbass   965/966 = 99% civil   2013 Mar 14, 2:59am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

Or better yet a floating ship so rich investors and software developers, anyone that can work remotely could work tax free. Gotta love innovation by Liberals, we'll take that shit and beat them over the fucking head every damn time.

Fuck I can just see a floating Wall street armada off the coast of New York with 10's of thousands of Investor titans, working tax free.

Good job fuckers.

And OH! I can actually say all that with out my mouth making wet clicking and clacking noises, those NPR pretentious fucks!

5   leo707     2013 Mar 14, 3:04am  ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote    

FortWayne says

Bay Area Offshoring American Jobs by Liberals

Hey FortWayne,

I don't think this article says what you think it says, but that is beside the point. This is not a "Liberal" endeavor. Peter Thiel is well known as a Libertarian (with Republican leanings) who supported Ron Paul and Meg Whitman.

Sorry, HEY YOU maybe if you spend another 5 minutes in your research. ;)

Capitalism does not discriminate too much between liberal or conservative leanings and I don't doubt that there are probably plenty of examples of real liberals who partake in "traditional" outsourcing.

6   lostand confused   210/210 = 100% civil   2013 Mar 14, 3:10am  ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote    

Show me the money. Now that slave labor is becoming expensive in China, I wonder if Africa will be the next untapped frontier of cheap labor?

7   Tenpoundbass   965/966 = 99% civil   2013 Mar 14, 3:19am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

leo707 says

Capitalism does not discriminate too much between liberal or conservative leanings and I don't doubt that there are probably plenty of examples of real liberals who partake in "traditional" outsourcing.

I agree how ever...
you would have never administered that pre November 06, 2012.

8   leo707     2013 Mar 14, 3:30am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

IDDQD says

leo707 says

Peter Thiel is well known as a Libertarian (with Republican leanings) who supported Ron Paul and Meg Whitman.

Seriously? Meg Whitman and Libertarian in one sentence?

Feel free to take it up with Peter Thiel.

9   zzyzzx   569/569 = 100% civil   2013 Mar 14, 5:26am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote    

lostand confused says

I wonder if Africa will be the next untapped frontier of cheap labor?

Not enough IQ points on that continent.

10   zzyzzx   569/569 = 100% civil   2013 Mar 14, 5:27am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Wouldn't an office in China, India, Vietnam, Philippines. or maybe Bulgaria be cheaper to operate than a cruise ship

11   Vicente     2013 Mar 14, 5:59am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

IDDQD says

Seriously? Meg Whitman and Libertarian in one sentence?

What's so ridiculous about it?

As a former Libertarian myself, there's no conflict at all. I excused the fact that I voted straight Republican when no Libertarian was present, as just a coincidence. I was "independent" after all and it just SO HAPPENED that I defaulted to Republican because no Democrat EVER agreed with my views.

12   FortWayne   386/390 = 98% civil   2013 Mar 14, 10:55am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote    

CaptainShuddup says

Fuck I can just see a floating Wall street armada off the coast of New York with 10's of thousands of Investor titans, working tax free.

Their bank accounts are already offshore, they don't have to inconvenience themselves. I know Romney is offshore financially, but plenty of politicians on both sides of the isle do that too.

13   lostand confused   210/210 = 100% civil   2013 Mar 14, 11:44am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

FortWayne says

CaptainShuddup says

Their bank accounts are already offshore, they don't have to inconvenience themselves. I know Romney is offshore financially, but plenty of politicians on both sides of the isle do that too.

Yeah that is the problem. The rich set up shell corporations and all sorts of stuff legally. Corporations do the same. It is only middle class people who are affected by stupid laws like FATCA that Obama passed and is still pushing for with gusto. Considering he was an expat as a child, one would think he would at least know the consequences? But then he is a constitutional scholar who signed on to NDAA.

14   New Renter     2013 Mar 14, 1:16pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

CaptainShuddup says

You beat me to it - why are these guys picking on software engineers who make maybe $100-200k rather than picking on wall street guys making 5-10x as much? Why not offshore THOSE jobs?

15   New Renter     2013 Mar 14, 1:17pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote    

CaptainShuddup says

apple should move Foxcom to Labor sweat shop cruise ships that are floating factories just a few hundred yards off shore.

Why bother when you have Central America?

16   New Renter     2013 Mar 14, 1:20pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

IDDQD says

zzyzzx says

Wouldn't an office in China, India, Vietnam, Philippines. or maybe Bulgaria be cheaper to operate than a cruise ship

The idea to park a cruise ship full of engineers off California shore has been floated several times since 1999. But it was never able to hold water.

This story has the makings of a Bondesque supervillan lair...

17   Vicente     2013 Mar 14, 4:19pm  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote    

New Renter says

Not to mention the hilarity that will ensue when Norwalk or some even nastier virus incapacitates all these workers packed into their floating techno-slum. I suspect their master will just trigger the flame-units to sterilize the ship so they can start over.

18   New Renter     2013 Mar 14, 5:31pm  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Vicente says

New Renter says

Not to mention the hilarity that will ensue when Norwalk or some even nastier virus incapacitates all these workers packed into their floating techno-slum. I suspect their master will just trigger the flame-units to sterilize the ship so they can start over.

Sounds like a typical Carnival Cruse.

Comments 1-18 of 18     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home