patrick.net

forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
735,649 comments in 75,679 posts by 10,910 registered users, 2 online now: marcus, rpanic01

new post

The Lights Are On But Nobody Is Home

By Bubbabeefcake   2013 Apr 30, 5:58am   574 views   3 comments   watch (0)   quote      

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2013/04/hvs-q1-2013-homeownership-and-vacancy.html

This report is frequently mentioned by analysts and the media to track the homeownership rate, and the homeowner and rental vacancy rates.  However, there are serious questions about the accuracy of this survey.

Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »

1   Blurtman   413/413 = 100% civil   2013 Apr 30, 8:39am  ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote    

Calculated Risk quotes LPS as if it were the Bible but never acknowledges that LPS is a convicted felon forger and perjurer.

While many people like Calculated Risk, it is a very subtle industry pumper blog, and has little credibility.

2   CDon   1/1 = 100% civil   2013 Apr 30, 9:11am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

Blurtman says

While many people like Calculated Risk, it is a very subtle industry pumper
blog, and has little credibility.

Actually, of all the "gurus" out there, I would say CR has the highest credibility. Who else, has a trackrecord, of being optimistic at times, and resoundingly bearish at others?

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

Headlines like "Epic Crash" and "Global Meltdown" are not the kind of thing you would expect from a "industry pumper".

I think the bears forget how doomish CR was back a few years ago. Back in 08, CR was the bears darling. It is only in early 09 that CR started going bullish, angering its (largely) bearish audience, and the rest is history...

3   Fucking White Male   230/231 = 99% civil   2013 Apr 30, 9:20am  ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote    

I don't see how you can ever get an accurate picture of rental vacancies other than declining or rising rents in a micro market.

Landlords are some of the most unscrupulous individuals I've ever met, and to say untruthfulness is a trait most landlords posses would not be an exaggeration.

Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact  
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail  
patrick's 40 proposals  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy  
8 groups who lie about the housing market  
37 bogus arguments about housing  
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home