patrick.net

new post
register or log in

Patrick's 40 proposals »

10,751 registered users, 11 online now: Blurtman, Booger, curious2, FP, lostand confused, marcus, Patrick, Strategist, Straw Man, WaPoIsHitler Lipsovitch, WookieMan
Union warns offshoring of UC tech jobs could spread to all campuses (www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com)
29 minutes ago by tvgnus
↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   3 comments, latest 48 seconds ago
Tuesday at UC san Francisco •  Ordered to train lower-paid replacement of lose severance •  UPDATED with university statement Youre fired. Oh. One thing. Before you go, train your...
Defend Islam
20 hours ago by PeopleUnited (11/11 = 100% civil)
↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   53 comments, latest 58 seconds ago
I would be interested in arguments for the merits of Islam and/or why any non-Moslem would consider it a good thing if more Moslems lived in their town or neighborhood.
Housing Bubble 2.0 - Global This Time (www.zerohedge.com)
1 day ago by just any guy (48/48 = 100% civil) in #housing
↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   nsfw   28 comments, latest 5 minutes ago
I thought this was an interesting perspective on global housing. With all of the signs that our economy is only alive because of cheap money, is it only down from...
It's probably safe to buy gold again
1 week ago by iwog (223/223 = 100% civil) in #investing
↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (3)   nsfw   39 comments, latest 7 minutes ago
The recent test (and failure) to confirm the $1050 low in gold and subsequent rise back over $1200 has me convinced of several things: 1. Gold isn't going to go...
Require a publicly advertised price for a house to be a legally binding offer to sell at that price (en.wikipedia.org)
10 minutes ago by Patrick (429/429 = 100% civil) in #housing
↑ like   ↓ dislike  
Unethical real estate agents (but I repeat myself, lol) in California normally ask prices for properties lower than the buyer would refuse to ever accept. Why would they do this?...
The best picture goes to La La Land.... no wait what? Jimmy Kimmel breaks the academy awards
21 hours ago by PeopleUnited (11/11 = 100% civil)
↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (2)   16 comments, latest 13 minutes ago
Jimmy Kimmel sucks, discuss.
Another reason to revoke religious privilege and ban religions (www.washingtonpost.com)
3 days ago by Dan8267 (327/330 = 99% civil) in #politics
↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   139 comments, latest 13 minutes ago
After refusing to watch LGBT diversity video, Social Security judge sues to avoid being fired Again, how is religion in general and Christianity in particular not harmful to our society?...
A Theory on Debt Driven Behavior (lettersfromnorway.com)
7 hours ago by Patrick (429/429 = 100% civil) in #housing
↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   10 comments, latest 18 minutes ago
Debt correlates with high anxiety, stress, and physical health issues. Moreover, studies show that debt contributes to rising clinical depression levels and often precludes suicide. Chronic debtors often have...
Study: Humans probably responsible for many of Californias wildfires (www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com)
28 minutes ago by tvgnus
↑ like   ↓ dislike  
Researchers find a human touch to torching mammoth fires •  There cannot be a fire without a spark Humans have dramatically increased the spatial and seasonal extent of wildfires...
Tesla - TSLA
6 years ago by E-man in #energy
↑ like   ↓ dislike   27 comments, latest 41 minutes ago
I want to get some thoughts on this electric car company. It looks like they are not going to make money anytime soon. However, this stock can be a great...
I Fired My OB/GYN Because She Supported Donald Trump (www.yahoo.com)
4 hours ago by jvolstad (27/27 = 100% civil)
↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   10 comments, latest 1 hour ago
Liberals are so freaking weird....
Gas Stations Cause Cancer (en.wikipedia.org)
1 hour ago by Patrick (429/429 = 100% civil) in #cancer
↑ like   ↓ dislike   nsfw  
I first heard this idea years ago in the movie Brazil. Still seems to be true. Living near a gas station greatly increases your risk of cancer. #cancer
Cultivation of Resentment is the Essence of both Feminism and Islam
23 hours ago by Patrick (429/429 = 100% civil) in #politics
↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   nsfw   23 comments, latest 1 hour ago
What Feminism and Islam have in common is a long term systematic cultivation of resentment against the masses of non-Muslim men who have personally done them no wrong whatsoever. This...
Gone
5 hours ago by Tenpoundbass (150/150 = 100% civil)
↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike   nsfw   4 comments, latest 2 hours ago
Why Are So Many Hedge Funds Bullish On Underperforming Oil? (etfdailynews.com)
6 hours ago by Straw Man (16/16 = 100% civil) in #investing
↑ like   ↓ dislike   10 comments, latest 2 hours ago
In a recent edition of his widely-followed newsletter (The Gartman Letter, 7 February 2017), commodities king Dennis Gartman observed that, As of mid-week last week, the hedge fund community...
The threat to universities from within (news.stanford.edu)
7 hours ago by Patrick (429/429 = 100% civil) in #politics
↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike   nsfw   10 comments, latest 2 hours ago
Over the years, I have watched a growing intolerance at universities in this country – not intolerance along racial or ethnic or gender lines – there, we have made...
Enough to charge this asshole with treason? (www.breitbart.com)
4 hours ago by Fucking White Male (31/31 = 100% civil)
↑ like   ↓ dislike   4 comments, latest 3 hours ago
Univision senior anchor Jorge Ramos declared on Friday that the United Statesbelongs to Latino migrants, emphatically stating to a Spanish-speaking audience that “it is our country, not theirs....
Israel destroys Palestinian grave stones and nobody protests (www.juancole.com)
3 hours ago by tovarichpeter
↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike  
Ma’an News Agency | – – JERUSALEM (Ma’an) — Israeli Nature and Parks Authority forces demolished several graves inside a Palestinian cemetery in occupied East Jerusalem on Tuesday morning,...
Tired of politics - sexy picture thread
7 months ago by YesYNot (57/58 = 98% civil) in #cheesecake
↑ like (12)   ↓ dislike (3)   nsfw   384 comments, latest 4 hours ago
Post whatever image you want - just make it hot. It can be a man, woman, your own family members, or the slightly inappropriatly young (now that Trump has rid...
Most 401K plans are eaten up by fees (cepr.net)
4 hours ago by tovarichpeter
↑ like   ↓ dislike   1 comment, latest 4 hours ago
As everyone knows, the fundamental principle of the Republican party is to redistribute as much income as possible from the rest of us to the rich. In keeping with...
page 1 of 3   next »

home   top   users   about   contact  
#investing   #housing   #politics   #humor  
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy   8 groups who lie about the housing market   37 bogus arguments about housing  
thunderdome   sexy pix   site suggestions  
best comments   ad hominem comment jail   patrick.net on twitter   random post  
please recommend patrick.net to republicans