Famous consumer brands in America by state

By SFace following x   2013 Jun 27, 3:54am 6,410 views   11 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

get off of interest rates, gold/bonds a little bit. Saw this neat map that shows the most recognizable brand coming from each respective states.

Missing Hawaii, but I would think Dole is the winner

San Francisco will be Wells Fargo Bank. Outside the bank sector it is known as Levi's, the Gap and Williams-Sonoma.

I disgree with with Minnesota which is known for Target, Bestbuy and 3M sticky before Pillsbury which sounds like a law firm lol.

When I think of Arizona, I have no idea best western came from there. I think First Solar or some mining company.

Texas: should be Texaco or Exxon,

Massachuseets should be fidelity.

AOL is irrelvant and not much of a brand. Not sure what state that is (maryland?

IL should be McDonalds

Nevada should be MGM resorts, of Las Vegas Sands

any others?

1   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2013 Jun 27, 4:04am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Apple is a company with out a country now.

Just in South Florida alone, there are the following corporate headquarters...
Citrix
Carnival Cruise lines
Ryder
Grainger
American Express
Burger King
Bacardi

I'm sure I'm missing some.

2   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2013 Jun 27, 4:22am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You nailed Florida. It's either Hooters or Disney.

3   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2013 Jun 27, 4:24am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CaptainShuddup says

Apple is a company with out a country now.

Just in South Florida alone, there are the following corporate headquarters...

Citrix

Carnival Cruise lines

Ryder

Grainger

American Express

Burger King

Bacardi

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Office Depot

4   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2013 Jun 27, 4:30am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

DE, MD, RI, CT, NJ, NH, and VT are illegible.

I think the MD one might be GEICO.

5   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2013 Jun 27, 4:34am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

SFace says

Disney is a CA brand, not a FL brand

Disneyland Park, originally Disneyland, is the first of two theme parks built at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, opened on July 17, 1955.

hhmm that's interesting, I always thought Disneyworld came before Disneyland. Now it makes more sense, that he was willing to take a gamble on purchasing thousands of acres of swampland in central Florida, when he already had proof that people would come to see Mickey Mouse.

6   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2013 Jun 27, 4:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Florida's chief exports are spam, oranges, and displaced New Yorkers, in that order.

7   anonymous   ignore (null)   2013 Jun 27, 4:51am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hersheys is hard to top here in PA,,,who doesn't enjoy a ride down the hershey highway once in awhile.

A couple competitors id think would be

Heinz
Sunoco
Rite Aid
New Holland Ag

8   anonymous   ignore (null)   2013 Jun 27, 4:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Almost forgot about Kunzlers

Twizzlers
Utz

9   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2013 Jun 27, 4:55am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

errc says

Utz

I wouldn't want to live in a world that didn't have 2 gallon jar of pretzels.

10   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2013 Jun 27, 4:57am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Never mind, I forgot all about the 5 gallon bucket of them.