Wear Google Glass While Driving = Get A Ticket

By epitaph follow epitaph   2013 Oct 30, 3:43pm 3,109 views   6 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Cecilia Abadie was rolling along a California highway on Tuesday night when she got pulled over for speeding. She was going seventy-something in a 65, no big deal. But then the police officer saw what was on Abadie's face: Google Glass...

1   elliemae   ignore (0)   2013 Oct 30, 5:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

At least they have specific "outs" for the law - if the video screen is displaying maps or driving directions, they're in the clear.

I don't see the difference between using google glass and watching a movie while you drive (or using a phone to text). Seems to me it's all in the distracted driving territory.

3   epitaph   ignore (0)   2013 Oct 31, 6:57am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Well I have navigation in my car and have never gotten a ticket.

4   FuckCCP89   ignore (6)   2013 Oct 31, 7:02am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

egads101 says

epitaph says

Well I have navigation in my car and have never gotten a ticket.

stick it to your window in california... (well, I see since 2009, you can put it on some parts) http://gps.about.com/od/trends/a/GPS_Bill.htm

Also, I have AZ legal tint, which is illegally dark in california. Gets pulled over in Cali easily enough. My car is registered in AZ, it doesn't have to meet yours stupid california standard.

(truth be told, you can have illegally dark tint in AZ, and the cops never care anyways. They know we live under a fireball here half the year. )

Same with GPS in CA: the law was on the books but nobody ever heard of it being enforced.

5   epitaph   ignore (0)   2013 Oct 31, 6:51pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What difference does make where it is installed? If it is designed to give you information it should all be the same.

6   elliemae   ignore (0)   2013 Nov 1, 1:21am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I saw in interview with her - she said they need to prove that it was on at the time. It'll be interesting to see what happens when she appeals it