America's worst burger - McDonald's

By Strategist following x   2014 Jul 3, 2:12am 7,581 views   40 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

Consumer Reports finished tallying the results of a national fast food survey and the results may be a shocker.

The golden arches may not be the gold standard for fast food. In fact, it’s just the opposite, according to a Consumer Reports survey.

McDonald’s burgers as the worst in the U.S., according to results of a reader poll released Wednesday by the product testing organization. One of the best? The regional chain In-N-Out Burger, as well as The Habit Burger Grill and Culver’s. The other best include chains like Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Smashburger and Fuddruckers.

1   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2014 Jul 3, 2:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I already posted this under Investing:

2   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2014 Jul 3, 2:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Also, I have no idea how 5 Guys ranked so high. It's nothing special. I could make that burger at home.

Obligatory: This thread is making me hungry.

3   Rin   ignore (3)   2014 Jul 3, 2:19am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

zzyzzx says

Also, I have no idea how 5 Guys ranked so high.

I think it's the sheer number of toppings, as the patties are overcooked.

Seriously, if you don't eat it immediately there, it dries out within 10 mins.

I'd rather go to Wendy's for a take out burger.

4   Strategist   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 3, 2:35am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rin says

zzyzzx says

Also, I have no idea how 5 Guys ranked so high.

I think it's the sheer number of toppings, as the patties are overcooked.

Seriously, if you don't eat it immediately there, it dries out within 10 mins.

I'd rather go to Wendy's for a take out burger.

Their fries are good. British style - with vinegar.

5   Bellingham Bill   ignore (5)   2014 Jul 3, 5:27am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I ate a McD's Quarter Pounder for the first time in 20 years.

Ugh.

The Habit's BBQ bacon cheeseburger is marginally better than a double-double from In N Out.

But 5 Guys is so expensive; for the money I'll just make my own.

6   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2014 Jul 3, 5:47am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Eating at McDos is like asking a train load of homeless meth heads to take a shit on your face.

7   dublin hillz   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 3, 6:11am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The only healthy thing in mcdonalds is sugar free iced tea and even that should be approached with caution...

8   Homeboy   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 3, 6:14am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The Habit is some good shit.

McDonald's should try using meat rather than the unidentifiable substance that's on their burgers. I remember their burgers being really good in the 1970s, but maybe my memory is shot.

9   Mark   ignore (1)   2014 Jul 3, 7:03am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I haven't done fast food for a long time now, not sure how they are now. We've had a 5 guys for a while but I've never tried them...too much of a crowd/wait for my taste. There are several local options here that do burgers very well, when I do opt for red meat I'll choose them.

10   indigenous   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 3, 7:19am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I vote for In and Out, Mmmm good burger Aunt B

A comparative long wait though.

another one is DK's

12   Dan8267   ignore (3)   2014 Jul 3, 7:35am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

If McDonald's is the bottom of the barrel today, what was it when they used pink slime?

13   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2014 Jul 3, 9:48am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Dogs eating shit and dead animals and vomiting on a grill would produce a more flavorful hamburger.

14   Mark   ignore (1)   2014 Jul 3, 10:14am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We just got a Panera's bread here. I do want to try them out, having only eaten in one once before. Any suggestions there?

15   indigenous   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 3, 10:20am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

I think you missed your calling you need to get out of banking and open a restaurant

I'm thinking:

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch's Faces on a Stick

It's what's for dinner.

Cooked in the traditional style

16   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2014 Jul 3, 10:53am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

#1 McDonalds frys are sick. Like amazing delicious.

#2 Kids like frys.

Ask me how I know most Pat.netters don't have kids?

17   indigenous   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 3, 12:09pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Call it Crazy says

MCD is my grandson's favorite place to go for the following reasons:

I contend the number one reason is that the happy meal has a higher sugar content.

18   Homeboy   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 3, 12:31pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Call it Crazy says

3) the frys

Just curious - do you ever look at the red wavy lines under the words when you type them? The wavy red line is the spell-checker. If you paid attention to that, you would see that "frys" is not a word. Fries however, is a word.

19   indigenous   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 3, 12:33pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Call it Crazy says

There's sugar in those crappy toys made in China??

Exactly

20   Homeboy   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 3, 4:50pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Call it Crazy says

I didn't realize that you were such a fucking idiot that you didn't understand the word....

What you typed is not a word.

Call it Crazy says

My bad... I'll type in 1st grade grammar/spelling for you next time so you can understand my post!!!

That would be great. Even spelling at a first grade level would be an improvement for you. And the thing is, there's no excuse for it. The computer does all the work for you. All you have to do is pay attention to the spell checker TELLING you that you typed a word which doesn't exist. What's so fucking hard about that? Are you really that goddamned lazy?

21   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2014 Jul 3, 4:54pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I remember when McDonald's was something you actually wanted to eat. Up until "Super sized me, educated the Executives, that that could feed people pink slime and they would still eat it. and take everything that made McDonald's, McDonald's and screw it up.
But hey they got carrot sticks!

Their Chicken nuggets used to be one life's greatest simple guilty pleasures. Now they are one of life's most disgusting experiences.

22   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2014 Jul 3, 4:55pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

!2) McDonald's!

23   Robert Sproul   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 4, 12:43am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Maybe it is the wood pulp they are stuffing in their "burger".

24   carrieon   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 4, 3:10am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

McDonald's should be awarded for having the most sustainable burger and fries. Neither one will change appearance or decompose after being left out in the open air for five years and possibly forever...

25   CovfefeButDeadly   ignore (5)   2014 Jul 4, 3:46am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Homeboy says

Call it Crazy says

What you typed is not a word.

Call it Crazy says

Life nit.

26   indigenous   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 4, 3:58am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

dodgerfanjohn says

Life nit.

Good one, I think so, which causes the myopia that misses the point.

27   Homeboy   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 4, 6:30am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote   flag

Call it Crazy says

I'll make sure I run all my future posts through you, the Spelling Nazi, to make sure you approve of them!!!

How's that?

Or you could just put some thought into what you're writing and not come off like a moron all the time. Your choice.

28   Homeboy   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 4, 10:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Shit, are you ever stupid. I got that you were TRYING to spell "fries"; I just told you you spelled it wrong. Did that short-circuit your brain?

29   Homeboy   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 4, 10:51am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Call it Crazy says

So, who's the asshole here??

Um, you, I suppose.

30   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2014 Jul 4, 12:58pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Homeboy says

It's not your memory! McDonalds was still edible in the 80's as well.

31   bob2356   ignore (4)   2014 Jul 4, 1:22pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

zzyzzx says

Homeboy says

It's not your memory! McDonalds was still edible in the 80's as well.

You guys were just used to comparing Mcd's to college cafeteria food. Mcd's is the same as Microsoft, crap product with great advertising.

32   Howdy There   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 4, 1:53pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says

It's not about the burgers. It's about the marketing.

33   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   ignore (41)   2014 Jul 4, 2:08pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Let's be serious. The McDos people just skin and nuke rats in microwaves and put them on cheap buns with too much mustard and catchup. The few times I've been to McDos the employees were ostentatiously jacking their noses into the grill and Fry-O-Lator.

34   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2014 Jul 4, 2:31pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

bob2356 says

I knew Purvian people who would actually run to McDonald's to buy a couple large order of Fench fries to garnish their Lomo saltado when they would make it. By all accounts, McDonald's fries were the standard of a great French fry. Their regular hamburgers and their Original McNuggets were two items on the menu, that were pretty consistently good, from store to store, no matter how bad their promotional limited time offer food items they made were.

35   bob2356   ignore (4)   2014 Jul 4, 10:14pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

CaptainShuddup says

What the hell is a purvian? or a lomo saltado? Even by your standards of incomprehensibility that's beyond me.

36   CL   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 5, 12:35am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Homeboy says

Call it Crazy says

So, who's the asshole here??

Um, you, I suppose.

Hey. Easy you two assholes. Appears to me, Dodgerfan misspelled it first. Isn't HE the real asshole?

You're welcome!

37   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2014 Jul 5, 2:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

bob2356 says

What the hell is a purvian? or a lomo saltado?

38   Strategist   ignore (2)   2014 Jul 5, 2:57am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Thanks for explaining Captain, I still don't know what it is.

39   indigenous   ignore (0)   2014 Jul 5, 3:00am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Looks like fajitas? Hmmmm good eating Mexican Aunt B

40   Tenpoundbass   ignore (14)   2014 Jul 5, 3:12am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It sorta is, it's sliced beef, anything from cut up rump roast(tough) to strips of either skirt steak or cubes of ribeye or strip steak, sauteed with onions, tomatoes and Peruvian peppers.
When it is done it is served with rice, and crispy french fries are then garnished over the top. Yes French fries. It is the only single food item that they use fried potatoes. Well I take that back there is salchipapas.