What high dividend stocks are you currently invested in?

By BayArea following x   2019 Jan 5, 3:55pm 906 views   10 comments   watch   nsfw   quote     share

ARLP (coal producer) was a popular one in recent years on patnet, courtesy of Iwog.

Although the stock performance has been unimpressive, the 12% dividend has attracted many.

What high dividend stocks are you invested in currently? Looking for some ideas to add to my portfolio.
1   theoakman   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 5, 5:03pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says

I sold out of ARLP in November. Dividends and gains were great but the earnings appears to have stalled. I'm in Phillip Morris and Altria right now. They have always been good to me and both are entering the e-cig market and the youth use of nicotine and ecigs is just completely out of control. I teach so I've watched it grow into a full grown pandemic that makes the kids smoking in the bathrooms in the 80s/90s look like nothing.
2   clambo   ignore (4)   2019 Jan 6, 1:45am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Next Era Energy Partners LP (NEP) 4% dividend yield.

Maybe not such a high dividend but this looks good to me. FPL in Florida is well run, and they have great rates too. This place is also located a few miles away from me so I found it interesting.
3   Bullshit   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 6, 2:45am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Not an individual stock, but I like DSENX/DSEEX - the DoubleLine Stiller Enhanced CAPE fund. It pays around 4% dividend yield now.
4   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2019 Jan 6, 7:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Fidelity FDVV, a ETF currently 4.37% with 98 holdings.
5   KgK one   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 6, 10:02am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Sunoco sun has 10.9 but afraid it stock might go down so you lose overall
6   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 7, 12:36pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I would think that there might be more responses if we had a set definition of high, and stated if it's based on today's prices. If I bought the stock in 1981 and it's paying 3X today what I paid for it in annual dividends, is it really high paying if the current rate is around 5.4%, etc.
7   B.A.C.A.H.   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 7, 7:54pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Those dividends are high for a reason. Just like the high yields vs credit quality on the debt. Government debt, corporate debt, consumer debt.
8   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jan 7, 8:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I own some Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN) because of a recommendation from a reader of this site. I honestly don't really understand what they do, but it pays better than 6%.
9   just_dregalicious   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 7, 8:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Just ARLP... Bought more last week on the dip. Was considering ATT but took Rin's comments to heart about how Tech tends to drop fastest in a downturn and perhaps the debt is too high which also breaks his divy rule. I think it's %25 of earnings with a 7% divy. Still considering buying a bit though with 5G right around the corner.
10   Rin   ignore (4)   2019 Jan 8, 1:17pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says

Wait! Rin Wah Law was only suppose to apply to the world of bonking hoes (or sex robots once the technology matures).

I never expected it to be used for finance.