1   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2019 Apr 22, 6:44am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Let me guess - started in the ashtray?
2   Iranian_Oil_Burse   ignore (6)   2019 Apr 22, 7:22am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Shanghai? It was probably a cheap knock -off.
4   MrMagic   ignore (11)   2019 Apr 22, 8:32am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says

I don’t remember my old Toyota Corolla doing this?

Ha Ha ha..

But that Tesla acceleration..........
5   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 22, 8:48am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It’s fair to point out that combustion engines have had cases of fire and explosion too.

But exploding while parked, non operating, and unplugged is sort of uncharted territory.
6   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 22, 8:49am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
BayArea says

I don’t remember my old Toyota Corolla doing this?

Ha Ha ha..

But that Tesla acceleration..........

Lol

0-60 in under 3sec? Ok, in that case I can tolerate an occasional explosion and battery fire.
7   Iranian_Oil_Burse   ignore (6)   2019 Apr 22, 8:55am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Nice.

This video reminds me of a bizarre thing I once saw on CA-92: I was driving East and there was a heavy Westbound traffic and in that traffic there was a late-model heavy-duty Ford pickup with flames visible under the engine compartment. The driver seemed completely oblivious to what was going on right under his feet. The drivers of cars in front and behind him didn't seem to notice either.
8   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 22, 8:58am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says

Nice.

I assume you kept driving, which would have been consistent behavior for an area with high diversity and low civic engagement?
9   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2019 Apr 22, 9:07am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says

Nice.

Maybe he was the one who threw the Malatov at that truck?
10   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 Apr 22, 9:14am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Hugolas_Madurez says

Nice.

Maybe he was the one who threw the Malatov at that truck?

Rofl!

With all the diversity here, it’s a fair question I suppose.
11   Iranian_Oil_Burse   ignore (6)   2019 Apr 22, 12:29pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says

Nice.

Yes, there was no other options really: no place to turn around for at least a mile and the Westbound traffic was so heavy I won't be able to catch up to the guy anyway. No passing lanes either. If you familiar with the area, I saw him about 300 ft after passing CA-35 intersection. There were no reports of death or injuries from car fires on that day so I guess he either noticed it in time or somebody finally alerted him.
12   Iranian_Oil_Burse   ignore (6)   2019 Apr 22, 12:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Maybe he was the one who threw the Malatov at that truck?

This hurts! People who know me can attest that I'm an RPG guy trough and through!
13   Blue   ignore (0)   2019 Apr 22, 1:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Lol!
People of diversity, do not seem to like diversity! Look at how they assemble them-self in south-bay cities of similar types in concentrations. Perhaps they are the (most) raciest of all.
14   Ceffer   ignore (3)   2019 Apr 22, 1:29pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Would buying a Tesla for your wife be a cheap divorce and sacrifice to Odin at the same time?
15   Iranian_Oil_Burse   ignore (6)   2019 Apr 22, 1:31pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says

There is a joke along these lines but it involves a Jaguar.
16   HeadSet   ignore (2)   2019 Apr 22, 3:22pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says
Ceffer says

There is a joke along these lines but it involves a Jaguar.

Or a Cougar?
17   Iranian_Oil_Burse   ignore (6)   2019 Apr 22, 3:39pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Hugolas_Madurez says
Ceffer says

There is a joke along these lines but it involves a Jaguar.

Or a Cougar?

Well, there is also an even more obscure Tiger option. ;)
18   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 May 17, 5:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Any conclusions to the investigation of Tesla batteries exploding?
19   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2019 May 17, 10:47am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was looking at an '08 Tacoma today, and apparently they had a recall for the truck suddenly and unexpectedly accelerating. Not like Tesla is the first company to release a serious manufacturer defect.
20   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 May 18, 6:27am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yes cars have recalls all the time.

But exploding with 2-3seconds advanced notice is not one that comes to mind lol

Boy their stock price has been hammered lately.

2008 Tacoma is a damn fine truck. We have a 2006 4Runner which has been as solid as they come. So far it only accelerates when I want it to.
21   NuttBoxer   ignore (2)   2019 May 20, 10:36am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

'06 may not have been impacted, I know 04 wasn't. Sudden unexpected acceleration would have no warning, and could potentially be just as fatal. Does that mean I'll never buy a Toyota? Of course not. I don't know of any other truck that has gone a million miles.
22   BayArea   ignore (1)   2019 May 20, 8:53pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

NuttBoxer says

No, you just hit the brake and the car will come to a stop
23   E-man   ignore (0)   2019 May 20, 9:47pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
BayArea says

I don’t remember my old Toyota Corolla doing this?

Ha Ha ha..

But that Tesla acceleration..........

Lol

0-60 in 2.4sec to be exact. I’ll take my chances with a Tesla any day.

We’re all going to die. I’d rather die driving a car I love rather than some cheap car b/c it’s affordable, or b/c it only gets us from point A to point B. Can’t take the money with us when we’re gone anyway.
24   E-man   ignore (0)   2019 May 20, 9:50pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
Yes cars have recalls all the time.

But exploding with 2-3seconds advanced notice is not one that comes to mind lol

Boy their stock price has been hammered lately.

I used to have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with extra cab stick shift. I loved that truck. Sold it in 2011 as I no longer had use for it. If I had to buy another truck, it would either be another Toyota Tacoma or a Tesla Truck.