Please log in to view images

Yaml to JSON converter

By Patrick follow Patrick   2019 Oct 21, 8:00pm 93 views   6 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

I wrote a little tool for my own use:

It's pretty self-explanatory if you know about either one.
1   ignoreme   ignore (0)   2019 Oct 21, 8:08pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What’s the usecase?
2   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Oct 21, 8:11pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Well, you ever wonder if something is valid yaml, or what the same data structure would look like in JSON?

That's about it.
3   richwicks   ignore (0)   2019 Oct 22, 12:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I wrote a set of tools to take XSD and produce and EXI native communication that is schema informed. Guess what I learned?

I learned anybody that wants you to use EXI is a fucking moron that doesn't know anything about design. My entire field is a fucking joke made by a bunch of of stupid academic assholes in Germany that either don't have a clue what they are doing, or are trying to create a barrier to market - in the field of charging a fucking battery.
4   FortWayneIndiana   ignore (3)   2019 Oct 22, 1:38pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

You should put an ad up there, it's what I noticed a lot of websites do when they create a small tool that converts something into something else with a few clicks. Keeps the site funded.
5   Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Oct 22, 1:44pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I think of the yaml to json thing as an ad for the forum already.

What I'd really like to do is provide some services that are so useful to so many people that very modest ads would pay for the site and my time. But I don't know exactly what service people need. Was thinking of a few more easy ones:

- JSON formatter
- online calendar
- Caltrain community site, a forum for people on the train

Other ideas?
6   SunnyvaleCA   ignore (1)   2019 Oct 22, 2:03pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If only you could create a Spanish/Chinese/Hindi to English converter! Then I could feel like I fit in in my own country!