What Else? Local Gestapo Cash In On Coronavirus Panic and Martial Law Dress Rehearsal

By Ceffer follow Ceffer   2020 Mar 25, 2:57pm 349 views   13 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

Santa Cruz County sheriff cracking down on 'stay at home' order. Public not only jobless with saving dwindling, businesses shuttered, curfews etc., the local booted ones have seen an excuse for plundering the peasants if they stray outdoors. In California, already taxed and regulated to the hilt, this is known as "Golden Opportunity Knocking". What else would you expect from California. OPEN FIRE!

1   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Mar 25, 3:01pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Come and get me, Motherfuckers!
2   georgeliberte   ignore (0)   2020 Mar 25, 3:03pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Does seem overly broad and vague; basically it is up to cops to decide what should and should not be allowed.
3   FuckCCP89   ignore (6)   2020 Mar 25, 3:15pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I doubt even a single citation would be issued. And forget about jail time.
4   APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostakovitch   ignore (55)   2020 Mar 25, 3:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

If you're not BUM! BLASTING!, you can't be out on the street, otherwise the cops are required to throw grenades at you.
5   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Mar 25, 3:45pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's pretty nervy in Santa Cruz. Have a howling lunatic who throws a chair into a plate glass store window? Out back on the street in a few hours. Have somebody you found breaking into your car or house? Person has been arrested twenty times in the past couple of years and is on probation? Back out on the street in a couple of hours. It's basically catch and release 24/24 if there isn't a murder.
6   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Mar 25, 6:43pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Citation fine is $1500. Thank you, California. I'm sure they'll be give those out to the homeless.

Strange, but you usually have the option to appear to defend yourself. This is wonderful for authorities. A fine, with no ability to 'appear' anymore, because there is no place you can 'appear' as long as the panic is in place.
7   PMack   ignore (0)   2020 Mar 25, 7:35pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

World turning in Orwellian dysotopia, no one bats an eye.

Media fearmongers 24h/7 about a statistically, factuallly, insignificant virus and everyone lose their mind.
8   clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 25, 10:16pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I saw the Santa Cruz Sheriff on tv and it sounds like they will threaten businesses which won’t close and threaten people who congregate (e.g. throw a party).

I’m not afraid to go places in Santa Cruz, I would say “I am exercising” or “I am going to Safeway” etc.

The order itself is illegal because it exempts homeless bums, therefore it discriminates against non-bums.

So far there are 0 deaths and 25 Wuhan cases in Santa Cruz County; I bet far more people are seriously hurt riding those red Uber electric bikes.

I’m interested to see what happens when April 8 comes, this was the stated end of our “shelter in place.”
9   SunnyvaleCA   ignore (1)   2020 Mar 26, 1:39am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

clambo says
This would turn disparate impact on it's head. I like it!
10   WookieMan   ignore (5)   2020 Mar 26, 5:18am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

At what point does the media become non-essential? I think now. That bitch was out in public, where's her fucking citation? This has gotten comical at this point. Need to start a campaign #mediastopthespread

In all seriousness. That reporter and if there's a cameraman (because they're 99% men) should be fined. You can't not fine them. I don't know if it would legally hold up, but if you get fined and they're out there reporting like they are, I feel like your fine should be voided. Media is NOT an essential business. If anything they're the problem right now.
11   zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2020 Mar 26, 5:34am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says

Santa Cruz is now Baltimore City!
12   zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2020 Mar 26, 5:36am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

My job is considered essential, so I pretty much just go wherever I want. What i am wondering is if I can get pulled over on a bicycle ride, or something.
13   Ceffer   ignore (4)   2020 Mar 26, 7:07am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

It's clearly The Great Rube Shakedown, since only the solvent can pay the fines and only the solvent will be cited.

California Public Vampires would doing anything that wasn't exploitive? Pshaw.

It's a new version of the Speed Trap, only its a Seen In Public Congregation Trap.