please check out the anti-mandate news »

search no worky

By FJB follow FJB   2020 Jul 16, 7:09pm 739 views   10 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

I saw a post earlier today that had this text:

Check out “AB-1703 Residential real property: sale of rental properties: right of first offer” – this will make it VERY difficult to sell your rental property in California. You may have to spend up to 12 months waiting for some “government approved entity” to accept (or not) your offer before you can sell your property. Already passed Assembly.

... but when I search patnet for this, say just the bill number, nothing.
1   FJB   ignore (9)   2020 Jul 16, 7:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Okay, I can find my own post. Trick is not not click the 'new post' button next to 'search'. Just hit enter.

But where did the original post go?
2   ForcedTQ   ignore (0)   2020 Jul 16, 7:52pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

And just like that a shit load ofrental contracts in CA go month to month on the next renewal......
3   Onvacation   ignore (7)   2020 Jul 16, 8:09pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

“The result of our current deeply inequitable and broken housing system was made painfully clear in the 2008 foreclosure crisis. It wiped out trillions of dollars of generational wealth, particularly in Black and Latinx communities, and pushed thousands of families out of their homes,” said Peter Cohen, co-director of the Council of Community Housing Organizations in San Francisco. “We face another potential wave of massive displacement in low income and communities of color unless we act quickly and decisively to prevent evictions and defaults, and permanently stabilize affordable homes being lost due to the economic fallout of COVID-19.”

“For our cities to rebuild and heal, we have to make sure that everyone – black, brown and white – has a stable, healthy, and affordable home. That’s why California must invest in affordable housing as community infrastructure, stop profit-driven speculation that drives displacement, and ensure that residents have power and opportunity.” – Gloria Bruce, Executive Director, East Bay Housing Organizations

4   Onvacation   ignore (7)   2020 Jul 16, 8:10pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The workers paradise is coming.
6   FJB   ignore (9)   2020 Jul 16, 9:23pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
@just_adhom_preaching

The closest I can find doing a search in the database is this one, but it's old.

Weird. Must have deleted the post.
7   HeadSet   ignore (3)   2020 Jul 17, 7:14am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

this will make it VERY difficult to sell your rental property in California.

Interesting. This is similar to Illinois wanting to tax home sales at a confiscatory rate in order to discourage people from leaving the state. The first thing a communist country does is to prevent its citizens from leaving.
8   zzyzzx   ignore (1)   2020 Jul 17, 10:35am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The search functionality and the view of your recent posts hasn't worked right for some time.
9   EBGuy   ignore (1)   2020 Jul 17, 3:25pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'm glad I'm not the only. I always thought there was something off with the search function...
10   Tenpoundbass   ignore (15)   2020 Jul 17, 3:26pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was going to add a new installment to the T.H.A.N thread, I spent so long looking for the thread. I forgot the topic of my new satirical post.