GMail is spyware

By Patrick follow Patrick   2020 Oct 12, 10:36am 122 views   4 comments   watch   nsfw   quote   share

What do you do when your boss, your wife, your child all use gmail, making it impossible to email them without Google spying on it?

It's like "Here, use this free phone. We won't listen in on it, promise. We will just use it to sell information about you and your contacts, or give information about you and your contacts to the Democrats, who would never ever hunt down and murder political opponents."

Google is super-evil.

I suggest https://protonmail.com/ instead.
1   joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2020 Oct 12, 10:48am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

What phone/service do you use?
2   FortWayneAsNancyPelosiHaircut   ignore (4)   2020 Oct 12, 10:52am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I'll check out protonmail that does sound like a safer option.
3   Automan Empire   ignore (1)   2020 Oct 12, 11:26am     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I use Google Voice exclusively for texting people from my PC. More than once a day, I have to shut it down and restart, because it is just sitting there without any input from me in hours, hogging 5+ gigabytes of memory and 25-75% of 4 processor cores' time. This is supposedly a simple-ass text message program that should function fine on a daily budget of KILObytes of memory and i/o.
4   clambo   ignore (5)   2020 Oct 12, 12:07pm     ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Yes, it’s weird.

A guy sent me an email about the flight he was coming on.

It magically appeared in my calendar.

I like the idea of protonmail, I used hushmail once with a girl who traveled to China and wanted to keep in touch.

Please write p@patrick.net if you would like to register to comment